Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Does it stay or does it go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Forty_two wrote:
I do have a soft spot for a 4x4 Yeti, but I don't think I could own/drive one.

Same here. Good on paper, fugly in the flesh!

Post #271311 31st Jul 2015 9:10 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 
Re: Does it stay or does it go?

Forty_two wrote:
I am wondering if I should let it go.........
It isn't unreliable, it has broken only once with a failed throttle body, but I am wondering, is it time to chop it in? .....

I'm having the same dilemma at the moment. Mines on 85K and I too have only replaced the T/B plus general wear n' tear stuff - brakes, tyres, battery, general servicing stuff etc. Nearly went for a 3 month old top of the range Kuga a while ago but decided against. Will more than likely go for a later FL2 HSE SD4 or possibly an Evoque. Only thing that worries me is that I'll get a late low mileage one and have nothing but aggro!!

Post #271313 31st Jul 2015 9:22 pm
Forty_two

England 

So it is staying.

Today was the service. Oils, filters etc, Cam belt, Water Pump, New brake pads and disks front, new brake pads at the back. £800

Four tyres will be fitted on Monday. x4 Michelin Latitude Cross. This is a move away from the General Grabber AT which have been fantastic, but as I have only been in one field in the dry in the last two years the AT is too knobbly for me.

The Latitude Cross looks to be more road biased while still having a sniff of off road ability. I can't drive a 4x4 with completely road bias tyres in fear that I will end up stranded in a muddy field with all four wheels spinning. An argument that doesn't really stand up when you recall the amount of off road driving I actually carry out.

Post #272625 13th Aug 2015 8:01 pm
Scientist

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Glad to hear it is staying. Having changed my Freelander for an Evoque I instantly regretted it as I does not have the command driving position of the Freelander despite what reviews say. It is just like driving a car. The long range visibility on the motorway that you get with a Freelander, you do not get with an evoque. I traded in the Evoque for a Metropolis. Freelander 2 Metropolis 64 in Loire Blue with Ivory Windsor Leather. Previously Range Rover Evoque PureTech for 3weeks. Freelander2 XS and Freelander2 S.

Post #272648 13th Aug 2015 10:57 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Scientist: I'm thinking of going for a Evoque (still to drive one yet) but worried that it may not suit and would then go for a later FL2 SD4. I see you had yours for three weeks. Did you change it under the 30 day / 1,000 mile Conditional Vehicle Exchange Agreement? If so, how does that work?

Post #272656 14th Aug 2015 6:49 am
Tulgey

Isn't that only if it has a problem?

If my purchase wasn't right for me I would have no hesitation in swapping it. Crying or Very sad

Post #272661 14th Aug 2015 7:34 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Ah yes. I see now that it's only if it's got a fault that you can change it for an equivalently priced model. I, sorry, SHE, better be sure about getting an Evoque!

Post #272663 14th Aug 2015 8:27 am
le bouch

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I had to exchange my first FL2 under the 30 day / 1000 mile scheme as it had severe corrosion. It wasn't as easy as LR pretend - I was offered a choice of three other used cars, none of which were the same as the one I had purchased, and they point blank refused a refund. The dealer was just awful and although LR CS did get involved they weren't all that helpful either. I have however had much better experiences with LR CS since.

Had I the time / energy / alternative vehicle I would have held out under the SOGA but I chose one of the other 3 vehicles in the end. And then the rear dif went on that on the way home Laughing

Post #272672 14th Aug 2015 9:39 am
Scientist

Evoque/Freelander

Steve. In reply to your query about me swapping my Evoque no I didn't do this under the 30 day agreement. I told the dealer I was unhappy with the Evoque and I saw that they had quite a few Metropolis due in. One was the exact colour combination I wanted so they agreed to take the Evoque back as a trade in and I bought the Metropolis which was more expensive than the Evoque. I had a 3month wait for the Evoque between test driving and the vehicle I was buying arriving in. Happy to answer any questions Freelander 2 Metropolis 64 in Loire Blue with Ivory Windsor Leather. Previously Range Rover Evoque PureTech for 3weeks. Freelander2 XS and Freelander2 S.

Post #272728 14th Aug 2015 7:07 pm
j77

Scotland 

If you like the Fl2 don't go for an Evoque, it will disappoint. It may say RANGE ROVER on the bonnet but I found the quality feel way short. I kept my one a year and went back to the Fl2 more kit for less money and better screwed toghether.

My DS is going back to the dealer in October as part ex on a new Disco. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #272788 15th Aug 2015 11:43 am
Scientist

I agree with your post. I was so disappointed swapping from. Freelander 2 to the Evoque. Hence why I traded it back in I think these suit people who have never had a 4x4 before so they don't know how good a true Landrover with a high up driving position and long range visibiliyty is. For me ithe evoque was like driving a car. The Freelander 2 has so much more to offer. Great visibility. Armchair style seats that are supportive and give a great view of the road ahead. I notice as well that other cars defer if you are in av4x4 whereas in the evoque they don't give way for you. Even BMW drivers indicate when they are trying to change lanes. The evoque had a panoramic sunroof that doesn't even open whereas the Metropolis has two sunroofs and you can open them fully or have them part open. Reversing camera. Memory seats. Fantastic Freelander 2 Metropolis 64 in Loire Blue with Ivory Windsor Leather. Previously Range Rover Evoque PureTech for 3weeks. Freelander2 XS and Freelander2 S.

Post #272831 15th Aug 2015 6:20 pm
Forty_two

England 

Tyres fitted today, x4 Michelin Lattitude Cross and a bit of tracking required at the front.

Usual 236x65x17 profile, they look skinnier than the General Grabber AT they replaced. First impressions, the car feels better, more reminiscent of my much loved and missed Classic Range Rover. A car I owned over ten years go, I really should get over that car.

Post #273000 18th Aug 2015 12:38 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I tried the 236's on mine but they made the steering heavy so I went back to 235's. Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

Post #273003 18th Aug 2015 7:04 am
Forty_two

England 

236 profile? I blame the iPad.

Post #273006 18th Aug 2015 8:09 am
Steve D

United Kingdom 

I blame FFS. Fat Finger Syndrome. Laughing

Post #273042 18th Aug 2015 12:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>