« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BLACK Land Rover Badges and Front Grill
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
westville

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

OOer Big Cry
I saw your previous post which I now understand better - what a contrasting and different experience - thanks for the objective evidence and views - much appreciated
Did you ever contact the supplier about this? He seems to be sole supplier (on flea bay at any rate) and I wondered what his view might be
For the moment I'll bide my time on this one methinks Whistle No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

"Fiat Lux" a philosophy not a car

Post #266920 15th Jun 2015 7:06 pm
de1979

England 

Yep I was in touch with him, he said he'd had a few delaminate. To his credit he sent a replacement set (after a fair bit of procrastinating, which wore a bit thin given I was driving a car round with no badges on). Unfortunately I found the replacement sat on the driveway a few days later and just gave up on the thing. I was working away and mad busy so just couldn't afford the time to chase it up again. I regret that now on principle... Censored

Yep I think he's sole supplier, of the side badges anyway, which is presumably why they are up at £55 a pair! Laughing

FYI, the attached pic is what I was describing, taken just now, a gel pillar badge in the original plastic retainer with no original badge underneath. Spot on IMO...

Post #266923 15th Jun 2015 7:30 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

You guys are on drugs paying £100 for replica badges Laughing The front and rear badges will also not be genuine as de1979 has correctly said as they are the ugly oversized versions. The Supercharged RR & RRS initially had the black LR Badges to identity that it was the 4.2 Jaguar Supercharged unit which is when JLR first made the changes in 2006. These vehicles had the normal size oval badge Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #266924 15th Jun 2015 7:37 pm
westville

Nah just beer!!
I absolutely agree about the cost BUT ........
Trouble is there are no alternative suppliers so it's a case of market forces low supply = high prices
I am not interested in faking a "supercharge" look but am trying to get the overall look of the car consistent ie Fuji White with ALL black lettering, badges and fittings - which I think will be cool Wink No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

Post #266938 15th Jun 2015 8:33 pm
westville

de1979

I agree your version of the badge looks great - pity that combo is not available as a complete set for punters like me Crying or Very sad No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

Post #266940 15th Jun 2015 8:36 pm
LR NUT

Nothing wrong with the gel overlays had mine on since new and they are still fine.

http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/2072/custom-ord...ow?preview MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #266941 15th Jun 2015 8:47 pm
westville

Cheers Guys this is all good stuff - keep the info/ideas coming please Thumbs Up No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

Post #266942 15th Jun 2015 8:51 pm
de1979

England 

Yep that's where I bought mine.

Front - Straight onto the grill
Sides - Use the black plastic backing from the original badges. If you can remove the green badge in situ great, if not take it all out and get a small amount of adhesive to put it back in.
Rear - Again use the black plastic mounting from the original.
Steering wheel, buy an ebay one on it's own if you are bothered. Nightmare to get out.

Only thing to note is that the gel badges are slightly oversize so as to not leave gaps round the edges when used over the original green badges. So its a fine art getting them lined up right in the available spaces, if you use them without the green badge in place.

Or take your chances on the Ebay set... logic dictates all that positive feedback can't be wrong. Maybe I've got a particularly hot/cold, rainy/dry driveway... Big Cry

Post #266945 15th Jun 2015 9:06 pm
westville

Great stuff - gel badges are in the frame now!!

I have found another seller on flea bay (custom-badge) who describes his stuff as:
"A PROPER METAL AND RESIN BADGE NOT JUST A STICKER"

Click image to enlarge

Anyone tried these? No Longer the owner of a 2013MY Fuji White GS

Post #266947 15th Jun 2015 9:23 pm
de1979

England 

They look just the same as the other guys TBH. You'd need a backplate to go with those. On the wing badges the metal badge itself isn't the issue, it's the fact that it doesn't adhere to the backplate properly due to it's curved design, so ultimately lifts.

Post #266949 15th Jun 2015 9:31 pm
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

The front & rear badges I got from him had LR part numbers on the back of them, so they looked like genuine ones to me... I also noted the quality of the construction and the detail of the logo on the front/rear ones was better than the c-pillar ones, which is why I thought the front/rear were genuine...

As I said, no problems with the front & rear ones for me, only the c-pillar ones which lifted, I stuck them back down (with glue), one of them looks fine, the other you can see the ragged edge poking out a little.

The front & rear badges are perfect on mine, which means they will probably fall off tomorrow now I said that.

I tried the gels but I stuck them over the originals, didn't last too long before they lifted...maybe you'll have better luck with the gels sticking them directly onto the plastic like de1979 did. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #266955 15th Jun 2015 11:00 pm
de1979

England 

99% sure mine didn't have part numbers on. Will check at the weekend. Maybe that's the difference... maybe he's switched to cheaper F&R ones somewhere inbetween you buying and me.

What was the part number? Be interesting to see what it comes up with...

Post #266958 15th Jun 2015 11:07 pm
Cambo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Don't have the p/n's on hand, if I did take photo's it would have been with my old phone, and I can't seem to find any pictures of the badges in the backup folder...

I'll keep looking... 2008 Freelander 2 HSE Si6 Black/Black - Hers
2009 Jaguar XKR 4.2 S/C Portfolio
2005 Jaguar XJR 4.2 S/C Black/Cranberry

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L AWD - Gone

Post #266960 15th Jun 2015 11:17 pm
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I put the gel overlay badges on mine too, straight on top of the original green ones. If you look really really closely you can see just a sliver of green on the front badge edge, but under normal circumstances you cant see a difference at all.

Ive done the front and rear, and C pillars. Just need to get round to a steering wheel badge and centre hubs for the wheels.

The gel badges seem to be pretty good, they have been out in the sun at 20 degrees (on the 2 days of summer we've had this year) and no problems, and also been jetwashed several times with no issues.

The seller makes them to order so if you emailed him with dimensions he may be able to make you a steering wheel badge as well.

Post #266969 16th Jun 2015 8:27 am
LR NUT

The Land Rover badges on the centre wheel caps is the same size as the steering wheel badge Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #266970 16th Jun 2015 8:31 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>