Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > desesperate about hdc system failure, error p0718
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jpbiaggi

Brazil 
desesperate about hdc system failure, error p0718

friends recently bought this freelander 2, a dream car for the comfort feature and common durability of parts.
as it is chronic in them and no one answered here the possible solutions and I succeed in the repair, I open this topic because I am desperate in the situation.

after a few days of use, it started to show the hdc fault system error and started to stay only in 3rd gear, as when I turn it off and on it goes normal and after 1 km, 50km, 100km I learned to use the manual mode before the error in which I can walk on roads even with error.
apparent battery in good condition, green level of moura 75amp, I connected the battery negative to the valve cover, halogen lights, nothing connected, to oscillate the voltage, and the error continues.

I saw cases abroad and nationally, with no effective cause, I used the homemade scanner and a professional got error P0718, and when I turned it off I started having error P0732 referring to 2nd gear, which reduces the rotation to gear and engine performance.

I need help from people who know, or have already had similar cases so I can check the sensor, connection, part replacement, any help will be of great compassion.
I'm counting on you
whats +55 16 99743 3410

Post #419945 29th Mar 2022 5:22 am
Jagracer

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Bali Blue

Hi, you either have a leak, losing oil from the gearbox, or corroded pins on the gearbox wiring loom. I assume you have the petrol engine with auto box. The 3.2 engine is a ford made engine supplied to Volvo, and the gearbox is an Aisin Warner. The valve body wears as the ball valves oscillate and wear the grooves, so altering how the valves operate. The only solution to wear is to replace the valve block, £500 in the UK. I would suggest that you get the gearbox power flushed and filled with new oil. One has to strip the box to change the filter, as it is behind third gear in the centre of the box. The oil is supplied by Yamaha, who were part of Aisin Warner.

Post #419949 29th Mar 2022 11:15 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1