Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > iphone 6 & 6 Plus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Defo a big step up in size! You opted for black I see, I went for silver & white. Already bagged a nice leather case off Amazon for £8 (not paying daft O2 prices).

I upgraded from the 16GB 5 and already have a buyer lined up for it. Amazing how light the 6 Plus is, brilliant phone Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #236663 2nd Oct 2014 10:06 pm
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White

I always prefer the minimalistic look on phones all my iPhone's have been black and have had a simple transparent clear hard rear case Cool If you look closely as edges you will see it fitted Wink MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Post #236664 2nd Oct 2014 10:09 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

No 4G in my town yet but it is available in Derby so will check it out on Saturday. Curry night followed by that new Liam Neeson movie A Walk Among The Tombstones. Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #236665 2nd Oct 2014 10:27 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Steve D wrote:
I must say, I've always carried my iPhone's in my back pocket but when I got the 6, it did look extremely thin to me and as I wear jeans and I'm jumping in, out and under cars all day long, I deliberately haven't put it in my back pocket for fear of breaking it and that was before the current stories started coming to light. To be honest, that's why I couldn't have a 6 plus. I'm going to have to be careful with this one. Rolling Eyes

Well, that didn't last long. Dropped the effing thing down the bog today. Quickly pulled it out before it had barely hit the water. Dried it off under the hot air hand dryer and it worked fine for a couple of hours. Now it's completely kaput. Currently using this old relic from the back of the drawer. I need glasses just to see the numbers and a magnifying glass to see the letters if I'm going to text - that's if I can remember how to text. No apps either. Sad

Currently got the phone drying out in a box of rice in the airing cupboard. If that don't work, it really will be a case of 600 odd quid down the drain. Whistle Oh I could kick myself where it hurts. Hard! Embarassed

Post #244115 8th Dec 2014 6:01 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

No insurance Steve?

I pay about £75 per year for max cover. This includes accidents such as dropping it down the loo. Excess is about £60 but well worth it considering the phone's value. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #244120 8th Dec 2014 6:14 pm
ad210358

England 

I have to use both hands so shouldn't happen to me Whistle

Post #244122 8th Dec 2014 6:15 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

The Doctor wrote:
No 4G in my town yet but it is available in Derby

Where I live I can't even get 3G! I get Edge or GPRS (2.5G) most of the time and I understand that most voice traffic nationally is still handled by 2G anyway. 4G is a marketing concept (outside of Derby). Shocked

Post #244123 8th Dec 2014 6:29 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

The Doctor wrote:
No insurance Steve?

I pay about £75 per year for max cover. This includes accidents such as dropping it down the loo. Excess is about £60 but well worth it considering the phone's value.

Here's one for you Doc. Although I believe it will be covered on my home insurance, I originally bought it through my company for business use. The only business insurance I have is public and employee liability insurance plus business tools and equipment cover but only in the event of fire/theft - not accidental damage. Although my accounts have not been submitted yet so could I say that it was bought for personal use using company funds as a directors loan?

Oh, and it wasn't in my back pocket at the time - I went into the bog to have a wee, it was in my fleece pocket and somehow as I shut the door and turned round my hand caught my fleece, knocking it out if the pocket into the bog. A real freak accident. Big Cry

Post #244124 8th Dec 2014 6:29 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Could have been worse...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...oilet.html

Post #244125 8th Dec 2014 6:38 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Sounds a bit iffy Steve. It might be a case of if you are in a hole stop digging. I bet your house insurance will be fine anyway. I stepped on my Bench designer glasses and smashed them to bits but claimed off home insurance and invested in some new Tag-Heuer frames Very Happy

The other approach to take as you have nothing to lose, is to take out a policy for personal use like I have and just wait for a week or so before ringing them to say you have dropped it down the loo. I couldn't possibly condone this you understand Whistle LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #244130 8th Dec 2014 7:03 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Try these Steve as they cover you right away. Some companies won't entertain a claim for the first 14 days:

https://www.insurance2go.co.uk/iphone-insurance/

https://www.insurance2go.co.uk/media/1194/...014_v2.pdf LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #244131 8th Dec 2014 7:06 pm
cqr

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
id never queue for a product at launch, its still the same product a week later with no queues Wink

And there will be some good deals I bet after Xmas 👼👼

Post #244142 8th Dec 2014 8:10 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Don't think I'll chance insuring it after the event - get caught out on that and I'll have trouble getting insurance evermore. At the end of the day it's my own stupid fault. Worse things happen and it's only money. Rolling Eyes

Ordered one of these kits - remembered seeing it on Dragons Den. Worth a try before I send it off for repair or buy another one. Evil or Very Mad

https://www.reviveaphone.com/repairkit.php

Post #244153 8th Dec 2014 8:52 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

Update: The wife went Xmas shopping tonight and I asked her to pop it in to the Apple shop while she's there to see if anything can be done. She's just called me and they can do it for £229 - I think it's probably an exchange unit but at £400 cheaper than a replacement phone it's a positive bargain! I'll keep the reviveaphone kit when it comes for next time! Laughing

Update: My wife is not back home yet but Apple have just emailed me my receipt and the serial and IMIE number is different from my original so it is a replacement unit.

Last edited by Steve D on 9th Dec 2014 10:29 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #244319 9th Dec 2014 8:57 pm
piattj

Wales 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Baltic Blue

Thumbs Up

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/phone/lumia930/

... ...

Be true to yourself. That way happiness lies...

Post #244340 9th Dec 2014 10:11 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>