Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

gibbergump wrote:

..And my favorite:

a 2006 X3 that had an electrical glitch, caught fire, and burned to the ground

i know it is always up to the individual car and chance. my bimmer has had a mountain of problems too. but with the track-record of the jaguar x-type (second after the lexus on the U.S. quality pyramide), i feel confident that the new freelander from the same plant will be of decent overall quality. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #1511 2nd Feb 2007 8:36 am
John-Boy

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

I gave up my 'super reliable' Toyota RAV 4 diesel to buy the Freelander 2. The RAV 4 equivalent of this Forum is littered with, mostly minor, complaints from owners.

My RAV 4 suffered a cracked flywheel which fortunately was replaced free under Warrantee, along with the clutch. Others have reported cracked flywheels (due to a bad batch say Toyota) out of warrantee repairs are damned expensive.

I had toyed with the idea of a BMW X3 but was put off by the price and the reported hard suspension.

The first 1000 miles in my FL2 have been a pleasure and trouble-free. So far, I have no regrets in buying the British built Landrover.

My local dealer was extremely helpful without being pushy, I hope that the Service side of the business is equally efficient. Very Happy

Post #1513 2nd Feb 2007 1:15 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
update ...

My vehicle is off the road awaiting replacement of hydraulics pipe(s). The oil leak is in fact a hydraulic fluid leak from the clutch system, fluid was escaping/leaking onto the exhaust 'cat' and dripping down onto the sump guard. Replacement pipes not immediately available.

The radio problem is a software issue and the traction warning message is caused be a problem with the steering position sensor which drives the 'steering position display' which activates when terrain response is selected.

I received a very cheery phone call today from a lady in customers services at the dealership, she asked '"how is the car?" (she was aware that it was returned to them at the beginning of this week) I said "you tell me, you're closer to it than I am" .... following a period of silence I explained that the car was still with them, I detected slight embarrassment.

I have to keep reminding myself that one of the claims made by this dealer group is that 'they would make buying and owning a Land Rover ... an experience'. Well they are certainly as good as their word ... perhaps I should have read the small print to see what sort of experience they were offering.

Now then where's that customer satisfaction survey they want me to complete Laughing

Post #1520 2nd Feb 2007 7:38 pm
oliver77

Wales 

sorry to hear about your problems Avtur. These were some of the things a friendly Land Rover assist man told me about when he came to fix my Discovery. I hope they have given you a good replacement car whilst yours is in. Keep a diary of everything just incase you need to take any further action in the future. Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto Stornoway with Ebony and xenons was on order now cancelled.

Disco 3 HSE TDV6 Auto 2007 Model going soon

Post #1521 2nd Feb 2007 10:50 pm
avtur

update ...

Well here's a bit of good news at last. Plan was that parts would arrive this Wednesday, but they turned up early. So have been able to pick up the car this morning. Fingers crossed for a few trouble free miles now !

Also should add that I've dealt with a couple of guys in the service department who have been first class at keeping me informed about the progress of this job.

Post #1561 6th Feb 2007 1:34 pm
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi Avtur
I understand you wanted to know who my dealer was so here it is-
Hunters, Pride Park Derby (next to Derby County Football ground)
Simon is the man to talk to(senior sales), tell him you want the same excellent service I am getting
David Lindop David

Post #1562 6th Feb 2007 3:42 pm
ledzep

Belgium 

Hello Avtur,

Picked up my FL2 two weeks ago. Covered 1500 km until now, great car.
Your problems have me worried. Did LR people give you an explanation for the hydraulic pipe failure ? Is it a general construction failure or an isolated incident (two already !) ? Question

Ledzep

Post #1565 6th Feb 2007 8:57 pm
avtur

ledzep wrote:
Hello Avtur,

Picked up my FL2 two weeks ago. Covered 1500 km until now, great car.
Your problems have me worried. Did LR people give you an explanation for the hydraulic pipe failure ? Is it a general construction failure or an isolated incident (two already !) ? Question

Ledzep

For my dealer this an isolated failure, in fact my car is the only car that has caused them a problem. I was told that Land Rover have a very sophisticated system for tracking faults in new cars so they can work out if it is a parts problem or an assembly problem. (but then they would say that!)

Post #1566 6th Feb 2007 9:10 pm
ledzep

Belgium 

Thanks Avtur,

Two isolated failures then, you and jumplead...

We will have to give them the benefit of the doubt Mr. Green

By the way, until now the service provided by my dealer is Very Happy

Tomorrow the car will be checked (routine after 1500 km).

Post #1567 6th Feb 2007 9:21 pm
avtur

forgot to mention this one too ...

Not surprisingly I had asked for mudflaps to be fitted to the car. Somehow this was forgotten about and they weren't fitted when the vehicle was handed over. Salesman accepted he had forgotten about it, "I'll give you a call in a couple of days, we'll get it fixed" .... That was nearly 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a call from him (about the mudflaps, or even about the car in general)

I mentioned the mud flaps while the car was off the road this past week, would you believe that mud flaps are not available, they are on back order !!!

Mudflaps, for an off road vehicle, new model, not available ..... it beggars belief !

Post #1568 7th Feb 2007 10:13 am
John-Boy

Looks like you have a 'bum' dealer Avtur! Sad

If the dealer ordered the car from the factory to your specification, those parts should have been fitted at the factory.

In my case, I took the first available XS in the colour I wanted and, the extras were fitted by the dealer.

I requested mud flaps, floor mats and body side mouldings on my XS and they were all properly fitted by the dealer when they were doing the PDI. That was almost a month ago.

Post #1570 7th Feb 2007 11:35 am
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

John-Boy wrote:
If the dealer ordered the car from the factory to your specification, those parts should have been fitted at the factory.

My dealer says all accessories are fitted by the dealers. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #1571 7th Feb 2007 11:44 am
John-Boy

QUERCUS wrote:
John-Boy wrote:

My dealer says all accessories are fitted by the dealers.

My dealer said the same, for accessories not ordered from the factory. In other words, I could not order the parts (floor mats and mud flaps) and fit them myself! They had to be fitted by the dealer at a higher labour cost than the factory charges!

Just another way to improve profits?

Post #1572 7th Feb 2007 1:13 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

I'm sure you can order the mats through the parts department - they can't force you to have the mats fitted by the dealer?

Post #1573 7th Feb 2007 7:31 pm
BOOWHO

United Kingdom 

you are right Martin and any LR accessories I have bought come with good fitting instructions in fact at one time a new car purchase gave you a discount on after sale accessories I dont know if this is still the case

Post #1574 7th Feb 2007 7:49 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>