« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Nuts' Dynamic MY14
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
LR NUT

Scotland 2014 Freelander 2 TD4_e Dynamic Manual Fuji White
Nuts' Dynamic MY14

Back in late October I placed an order for a 2014 Dynamic. It finally arrived at dealers last week! I took some photos when the car was in their compound. Car has still got a lot of work needing done such as; fixed towbar with twin electrics, raised roof rails with cross bars, colour coding of D pillars, colour coding of body mouldings, fitting the genuine land rover rear screen entertainment system which I had retrimmed in ebony leather with double stitching in red, fitting dynamic mudflaps, fitting genuine dark smoke LR bonnet guard,set of dark smoke wind deflectors, rubber mats all round and a rubber boot liner. Once I have the car I will be getting the windows tinted as never been a fan of privacy glass as it is to light for my liking especially the rear screen Laughing at the same time as lamp guards are not available (normally help to brake the lights done and give a meaner look) the rear lights will also be getting tinted. Still got my genuine brand new 3" stainless steel a bar Thumbs Up to fit along with my spot lights. After the car is a few months old it will be getting a Kahn conversion, so will be a little more special as don't see many done. In fact the last freely they officially done was a black 2011 XS. Factory options on the car I specced up were ebony/pimento leather, cold climate pack, heated leather steering wheel, memory seats, grand black lacquer pack, rear view camera and a full size spare. Will be using this tread now as my bio of all the work from start to finish Thumbs Up

MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior
MY15 Xenon Headlight Conversion

MY17 RRS SVR - Estoril Blue Cirrus/Ebony 🪣💺’s

Last edited by LR NUT on 24th Aug 2014 9:38 am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #217677 23rd Feb 2014 9:19 am
MartinP

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Very nice Thumbs Up

Post #217681 23rd Feb 2014 10:09 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

kahn Shocked do you find the ratio of metal to plastic in the fl2 too high and feel the need to water it down a bit At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #217684 23rd Feb 2014 10:47 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Very nice looking Nut. What does the Kahn involve?

Post #217700 23rd Feb 2014 1:06 pm
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Just don't make it look likes it's driven through a Halfords shop window Nut! It's a very good looking car, don't spoilt it! Thumbs Up Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #217816 24th Feb 2014 10:40 am
Davidcaldwell

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Love it....Big fan of white with red leather...I'm just not brave enough to order it! 2012 TD4 XS, Santorini Black, 18" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Rear Spoiler, Arm Rest

Post #217836 24th Feb 2014 1:38 pm
pab

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Lago Grey

I'd have to agree with some of the above posts - please think very carefully about the Kahn conversion. Your car already stands out with the red leather, and all the Kahns I've seen have left me with the impression that their target market is, well, those with more money than taste!

Post #217851 24th Feb 2014 3:35 pm
big-al-cove

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Fuji White
Re: Nuts' Dynamic MY14

LR NUT wrote:
colour coding of D pillars, colour coding of body mouldings

That will look terrible on a white car don't do it 1995 P38 now dead
2012 FL2 GS Fuji White
winter pack
arm rest pack

Post #217879 24th Feb 2014 9:38 pm
LR NUT

Laughing well mixed comments but that's life we all have different needs Thumbs Up Kahn tend to convert lower spec vehicles and then convert them to keep costs down. As I opted for a specced up dynamic it would be silly to ditch the bodykit completely! Kahn will do me a set 22" wheels on 265 tyres (summer use only) and the set up will have to be correct to avoid unnecessary strain on the hubs and haldex unit! Bigger wheels naturally cause more strain however! Yes before anyone says the 19" stock wheels are stronger and less likely to get buckled! (Will still be using these as winter wheels) Polished stainless steel exhaust system will also be done in their conversion. Possibly looking at getting the rear spoiler a bit bigger 5" more so that it sweeps out a little extra and a mini boot lid spoiler to cover the chrome strip. Interior wise a pimento/ebony leather dash would be nice and keeping in theme with LRs touch! Will run the car in till summer then it will be converted. As it's a new car it's a blank canvass so sky's the limit Laughing anything is possible in life you should at times just follow your heart! I don't think it will be an aggressive conversion the look I'm wanting is for people to see the car and think a pity LR did not make it like that Wink MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #217908 25th Feb 2014 12:18 am
wizking

Very interesting, how do you get away with the wider tyres not rubbing? Spacers?

Post #217913 25th Feb 2014 7:40 am
Tradewind 35

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

That's an extraordinary amount of tarting up LR Nut - not that I have anything against tarts - I love a good jammy one or a nice Bakewell. She must have cost a truckload of money however, so on balance I would have gone for a basic Discrocrovery 4 which would have probably not been much more loot - and for that heresey may the stoning commence.....
Robin

Post #217927 25th Feb 2014 11:44 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LR NUT

No spacers will be required for a 265 35 R22 wheel Thumbs Up personally I would never touch spacers! Laughing believe it or not I could have driven away with a brand new HSE LUX Freely and still had change in my pocket Rolling with laughter As regarding the disco we have got a few of them in the family. The disco is a fabulous machine BUT the auto box spoils it for me Rolling Eyes it's a far superior car than the Freelander but you have to remember that they are in a totally different class. I much prefer the 2.7 litre manual opposed to the twin turbo auto jag unit mainly because I find an auto dull and boring even though it is alot quicker! Don't mind driving it now and then but for me there is no way I would be happy living with it for 3-5 years and having it as a daily driver! With the Kahn conversion planned I could have easily gone for a brand new 14 plate XS. Had their been a manual (wishful thinking) then I may have gone for one even though it's just me and the gf no kids thank god Laughing but it would be a bog standard disco with my budget spent so no money for accessories/adding a personal touch to the car. I realise I will never see this money but no ones buys a car anymore as an investment Thumbs Up MY14 Kahn Converted Dynamic - Fuji White Ebony/Pimento Interior

Post #217972 25th Feb 2014 8:16 pm
LR NUT

Well dealers sent some more snaps of the car in progress, D pillars have been removed and painted (currently still drying) they have turned out very well they said Thumbs Up They have never done them before on the freely, but have done them for the Full Fat and RRS! Fixed towbar has been fitted along with the raised roof rails and crossbars. You may have noticed that the door mouldings are now missing Laughing the dealers were told by land rover that they are clipped on Laughing so they ordered them at factory. When removing them they got damaged so a brand new set has been ordered and painted and are still drying. Bonnet guard and side deflectors have been fitted. Mudflaps and rear screen entertainment will be fitted tomorrow hopefully. Then they will prep the car and it will be registered and collected on the 1st of March. Was meant to be putting the FL1 in part ex but too attached to let it go so will be keeping it for life Laughing

Post #218103 26th Feb 2014 10:15 pm
wizking

It's looking good mate, I look forward to the next set of pictures. Thumbs Up

Post #218115 27th Feb 2014 7:44 am
LR NUT

Thanks Wiz for the compliments Thumbs Up dealers sent me a snap of the new door mouldings now fitted. D pillars will be put back on tomorrow morning and in the afternoon the tech guys are installing the rear screen entertainment system.

Post #218197 27th Feb 2014 8:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>