Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > 2011 facelift 150bhp engine with intermediate missing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 17 <123 4 ... 151617>
Print this entire topic · 
exbrat202

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

I believe that we have a few members of the Forum who are employed at LR dealers? Do they have any information, knowledge or comments on the action being undertaken to resolve this problem, having LR's since 1999 and driven them for years in the RAF before that, the issue is seriously making me think about future options. MY14 TD4 manual XS Orkney grey.

MY11 TD4 Manual XS Lago Grey, privacy glass, rear spoiler, full ebony leather,rear seat entertainment. Gone
2001/51 plate Disco TD5 GS. Gone
95 N Disco TDi300. Gone

Post #197204 31st Aug 2013 3:04 pm
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

Stutter all gone. NIce smooth drive now.
Harwoods Tonbridge changed out the Haldex. 

Post #197279 1st Sep 2013 12:53 pm
exbrat202

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic16502.html

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Merged with existing thread for continuity.

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic16502.html is now almost three pages of thread concerning the ongoing saga of hesitation with various fixes being discussed. My car has been in seven times for investigation and is booked in again on 16th Sept (3 days before my warranty expires) for a download to laptop whilst being driven from cold at the request of LR. Is this problem, which seems to be fairly common knowledge now, any closer to being solved? I have got to the point of waitng for bigger gaps in traffic before I feel confident enough to pull out or cross traffic. The fuel consumption has increased by about 3-4 mpg since the EGR valve was replaced on LR's advice.

Post #198178 6th Sep 2013 8:39 pm
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Been told still working on software fix and hope for news early next week
LR and dealer been very supportive 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #198188 6th Sep 2013 9:53 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

So... LR have diagnosed that I need a new gearbox, based on various diagnostics requested, including an oil sample (not sure from where).

Dealer now awaiting approval and will then have to order the parts.

Not sure how I feel about this. The problem doesn't reproduce now, at least only barely, and intermittently, so the diagnosis was based just on information. The dealer made the point though that LR are unlikely to recommend such an expensive repair under warranty unless they are confident.

It does mean I then have a 25k mile less worn gearbox, but after the rear diff bearing replacement, this just hits my confidence with the vehicle which for the first two years was reliable.

It also means I only have 6 months of warranty on the new gearbox, although my request for written assurance that should the problem reoccur, perhaps next Spring/Summer as it might be temp dependent, is being considered.

Post #200062 20th Sep 2013 12:47 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Changed their minds, after reviewing more data they now want to change the EGR valve. Problem is reproducing again a little so hopefully will be able to assess the fix, but from reading this thread it might only be temporary.

Post #201575 1st Oct 2013 3:57 pm
btopliceanu

Romania 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Galway Green

Hello,
I'm new in this forum and I have the same problems like the other's.
I was in service 2 time, they changed the gas flaap, but after 4 days the symptom appear again.
I dont know what I have to do so, I write you here to see is somebody could halp me.
The warranty is until december 2013, so it's only 2 monts to repair it, after that is on my chanrge Very Happy

Post #203848 20th Oct 2013 11:02 am
pvb

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

Any news on fixing this problem? My car has it too.

Post #215891 5th Feb 2014 4:32 pm
Tradewind 35

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

A troublesome thread this. From my appreciation of the forum posts it seems to me that the latest Freelander 2 models are less reliable than the earlier ones. Surely the car should be improving in reliability stats as known faults and weaknesses are addressed. Maybe when they update components on Landies these days they seek to make the new more sophisticated, and stylish rather than better! The latest Haldex units seem to be particularly troublesome. Maybe it is just that there are more Freelies on the road but worrisome nonetheless. Enough to discourage me from swapping my lovely one for the latest one filled with the fragile toys - electric handbrake, stop start, DPF etc
Robin

Post #215902 5th Feb 2014 5:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mart56

2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Ipanema Sand

There is a software update to cure this problem, had mine done about six weeks ago and it's been great ever since Thumbs Up

Post #215911 5th Feb 2014 6:52 pm
gstd4-e

England 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Fuji White

I was following this thread last year and thought I had posted on it. My October 2013 registered 12MY developed this misfire in April last year. 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear between 1500 and 2000rpm. Several visits to the dealer who could not find the problem.

It stopped after its first service in October last year. Dealer said there was no problem.

Well its back almost at the same time as last year.

I won't be messing about this time as it spoils the driving experience. Strange how it only affects models with the useless DPF. There was no problem on my previous 59 plate. I am sure as these cars get older some after market modifications will be needed to make the troublesome DPF redundant.

Whats the betting the dealer will find nothing. A Land Rover owner since 1988

From a 1974 series III to a 12MY XS FL2 with help of a 1995 D1, 1996 D1, 2005 D3, 2007 D3 and a 2009 FL2.

Post #220009 20th Mar 2014 5:35 pm
exbrat202

Had the so called software download fix for this problem earlier this year and also had the "Transmission Fault -reduced traction" light about a month ago, this was dealt with by another download, to the haldex ECU, the hesitation has now returned with a vengeance probably the worst it's been, along with the rough accel away from cold. It's being part exed for new one tommorrow so will probably never find out any further information regarding rectification. MY14 TD4 manual XS Orkney grey.

MY11 TD4 Manual XS Lago Grey, privacy glass, rear spoiler, full ebony leather,rear seat entertainment. Gone
2001/51 plate Disco TD5 GS. Gone
95 N Disco TDi300. Gone

Post #225150 20th May 2014 12:35 pm
PS

I have been moved to this thread where others seem to be experience the same issue as me. I have had the EGR valve replaced + at least one software upgrade, but the issue is still there. Any advice gratefully received so I can go back to LR with views. I have a 13 plate 150 Manual. Definitely isn't clutch - that is fully up and foot off when the issue shows itself. I have tried lots of different driving styles + long journeys and long journeys towing, so it can't be the DPF getting full. It is a real pain when towing and suddenly your car hesitates on acceleration and whatever is behind you gives you a shove in the boot!

Post #228162 30th Jun 2014 9:35 pm
BEAR

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Ipanema Sand

mine is back with the dealer again intermittent fault with same symptoms as in the previous posts its a 60 plate with pdf

Post #228361 3rd Jul 2014 10:29 pm
PS

Out of curiousity (and assuming that others who have experienced this problem are watching this thread), where do you buy your fuel from?

I have used a variety of places, but mainly Tesco. Last week though, I filled up from BP because I was running on fumes. The hesitation is still there, but seems a lot less now that tank of fuel is making its way through.....

Post #228394 4th Jul 2014 7:25 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 17 <123 4 ... 151617>