Home > Technical > 2011 facelift 150bhp engine with intermediate missing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 17 <123 ... 151617>
Print this entire topic · 
pcheaven

United Kingdom 

SimonB wrote:
[

Pcheaven, what was the solution, replacement, or there is a repair available?

back in Thursday for final resolution - Harwoods say they can repair it........ 

Post #193421 2nd Aug 2013 9:20 pm
exbrat202

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

Crying or Very sad Mine has the same symptoms, been in 5 times with no fault codes shown, was last in for 4 days two weeks ago , unable to reproduce but LR HQ advised change egr valve - done but still has the problem and possibly feels worse. Motorway cruising MPG has dropped by 3-4 mpg as well, back in on monday. Manual 150 MY11 with 32k MY14 TD4 manual XS Orkney grey.

MY11 TD4 Manual XS Lago Grey, privacy glass, rear spoiler, full ebony leather,rear seat entertainment. Gone
2001/51 plate Disco TD5 GS. Gone
95 N Disco TDi300. Gone

Post #193453 3rd Aug 2013 10:44 am
GJH0702

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Sumatra Black

Unnecessary quote removed

Just sent you a PM 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
MY 2016 Disco Sport HSE Auto Scotia Grey,REJECTED
Mercedes E220D AMG line with air suspension(Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 21 (Gone)
DS 200 SE Dynamic my 22 (Gone)
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #193457 3rd Aug 2013 11:04 am
mart56

2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Ipanema Sand

that's interesting Exbrat202, LR HQ. are sending down two guys on Monday to look at mine and possibly a software update as they have found that changing EGR valve alone isn't a permanent fix,,I wonder if the same team are going to look at yours as your not that far from me!

martin

Post #193458 3rd Aug 2013 11:46 am
ValleyDweller

2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Fuji White

Mine too.

Interesting (and worrying) to hear about the possible Haldex connection but I don't think this is the case with mine. When starting -up first thing after overnight standing you can gently raise the revs in neutral and as it gets between 1200 and 1800 rpm it misses and hunts. So in my case no relationship to the drivetrain I don't think.

It also does do it occasionally when first picking up gentle revs after being on downhill overrun or on gentle throttle at lows revs, but the worst manifestation is when you first drive-off after a period of standing, the missing is quite violent unless you put your hoof down hard to get through that rev-range as quickly as possible. Usually after 5 minutes driving it clears itself and generally behaves thereafter.

I did post about this topic about a year ago, and hoped to get it sorted when the car went in for its service. However, by that time general temperatures had dropped and the problem went away for the entire winter. Dealer reported no fault codes stored either.

However, since the warm weather has returned so has the problem. I really should book it in to the dealers ASAP and leave it for a couple of days, as its only replicated after long periods of standing and during summer ambient temperatures.

I think I'll print this thread off and go back to dealer see if they can pinpoint it, but have only recently made the connection between the problem presenting itself in summer only.

One other unrelated grumble (literally) thats crept-in of late is vibration feedback through the gearstick, particularly in 3rd, but I guess thats for another thread.

Cheers

Post #193461 3rd Aug 2013 12:19 pm
GJH0702

Still got problem !!! 4 weeks off road, acceleration / consumption improved but still have the 'slight misfire' - back to dealers tomorrow !! 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #193545 4th Aug 2013 1:17 pm
GSMY11

2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

I had a MY 11 150bhp model from October 2010 until June this year. Regrettably, the vehicle suffered the same judder issue from shortly into its life. The garage updated sodtware, changed the EGR valve and, to be fair, this did make things better for quite some time. It was just this momentary judder which often happened after a long run. Regrettably, it started again and they updated more sioftware but it was never fixed. By the time the car was 21/2 years old and with 50k on the clock, I decided I had had enough and changed it for another make.

I really liked the FL but i am afraid the judder on top of a raft of other silly things just spoiled the experience. What was really annoying was that the dealership denied ever having seen other vehicles with the issues that i was having to go back with when this forum and others were full of similar issues. They cleared thought I was just a moaning git!

One final thing was the rear wiper suddenly packing in. When I phoned up they said they would have to have it in as there was never usually a problem with wiper motors! Interestingly, the guy who gave me a run back to my office when it went in to get fixed told me that they were repalcing one or two rear wiper motors every week! Yet, the service reception gave the impression it was the first FL they had ever seen nedding a wiper motor. Bizarre!

The problem seems to be that there is a lack of built in qiuality to the components used to build these cars. Some people seem to be lucky and have little or no problems, others seem to have a terrible time. I was never llet down by the car but the constant running back to the dealership was all jsu too much for me in the end!

I wish you all well!

Post #193592 4th Aug 2013 6:15 pm
GJH0702

Car is again in Hatfields Liverpool, I have emaile Mike at LR relations to see if he can 'help' and as its third time I have had LR assist 2011 XS,Sumatra Black, GONE MARCH 2014- RR Evoque Prestige 5 door ,MY 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof.
Audi Q5 40TDI S line

Post #193773 5th Aug 2013 7:59 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Called dealership today as not heard anything since they submitted the TR to LR. Particularly unhelpful which is disappointing as I had received good service from there until now.

Reported to her that the issue was relatively common, mentioned EGR valve, turbo and Haldex, but Service rep claimed that all they could do was keep it in for a couple of days and try to find the fault. Since they couldn't find the complete cure for the problem the first time I had little confidence that they'd actually achieve anything until they hear from LR, which she admitted might take months. Have a trip next week and would like it fixed before then, but can't afford to be carless for two days.

Out of interest, has anyone who has the problem and hasn't had any remedial work done seen a drop in MPG? Mine is down from 30.2 to 29.0 in the space of week. No apparent change in driving style or journeys.

I'll book it in when I get back and tell them I expect all of the reported fixes in this thread to be looked at.

Post #193975 7th Aug 2013 11:06 am
gotalot

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Barolo Black
Intermittent Missing

I have had the problem of intermittent missing at between 1000 and 2000 revs. Also when I first start up the engine revved between those limits is also "rough". Been to the dealer twice and has not found anything. Any advice please

2011 TD4 GS New to Landrover

Post #194763 13th Aug 2013 11:03 am
DICKY1961

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Sad Intermittent missing,
Ours as been to Stratstone Doncaster 3 times,1st time tech & fault codes said it was some connections
on the clutch system ??????? Rolling with laughter ,new parts fitted and no change,2nd time tech told the wife that it was down to my driving style Twisted Evil 3rd time said that there is an upgrade coming out and that will sort it out.Will post the outcome.

Post #195071 15th Aug 2013 7:32 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

My 2011 facelift 150 XS manual with 31k had the same 'stutter', most noticeable when entering a roundabout and initially accelerating between first and second gears. Lived with it for a few months then a drone started from the rear axle when travelling at over 60mph. The droning which resembled a jet engine noise got steadily worse over next week or so it was present at 30mph and above. Diagnosed as bearing in Haldex which also required software update (?) Got car back yesterday. No more droning and not stuttered since. Fingers crossed ! _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #195089 15th Aug 2013 8:37 pm
DICKY1961

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Intermittent missing,
I live in hope that the update cures ours the same. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #195304 16th Aug 2013 8:59 pm
exbrat202

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Orkney Grey

My MY11 TD4 has an ongoing history of hesitation and lurching when accelerating between 1000 - 2000 rpm, no fault codes have ever shown but after producing some evidence from another user on here ( Thanks GJH0702) where they'd eventually replaced EGR valve, turbo and all hoses, LR directed the dealer to change the EGR - result car is worse and is awful below 2000 rpm. I was then told LR were producing a new download to re-calibrate the EGR to Turbo and was specifically to address this problem. it was due out on or about 19th Aug - still not released but now my dealer has another car with similar problems so they now might believe me a bit more as I felt they thought I was making it up as they couldn't reproduce it! Warranty due to expire next month but they say as it's an ongoing problem it will still be covered - keeping my fingers crossed on that score. Yes fuel consumption has gone from about 38 down to 34 ish. MY14 TD4 manual XS Orkney grey.

MY11 TD4 Manual XS Lago Grey, privacy glass, rear spoiler, full ebony leather,rear seat entertainment. Gone
2001/51 plate Disco TD5 GS. Gone
95 N Disco TDi300. Gone

Post #197108 30th Aug 2013 4:59 pm
SimonB

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

SimonB wrote:
Out of interest, has anyone who has the problem and hasn't had any remedial work done seen a drop in MPG? Mine is down from 30.2 to 29.0 in the space of week. No apparent change in driving style or journeys.

I should have thought this through before asking the question. Had all tyres changed to different brand around the same time, so suspect this is the culprit. Makes the tyres perhaps considerably more expensive though if this is the case.

Spoke to the same CSR at the dealer again who has blatantly lied to me and given me some cock and bull story about me not receiving their voicemails that they allegedly left me, so snotty letter sent to Dealer Principal. Car is booked in with them again to provide the requested info to LR, but only because they have the history of the problem and I'm hoping this will speed things up than taking it elsewhere where they'll have to start from scratch. Also hoping that poor service so far will encourage them to go above and beyond.

Sounds like there a number of things they can check and possible solutions, so I'm hoping this time they'll fix it.

Post #197110 30th Aug 2013 5:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 17 <123 ... 151617>