Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > New door latch - removing the window regulator
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Hi z54253!

What you describe rings a bell, Although I have to be completely honest, I've slept since doing it and my memory isn't as good as it used to be Wink

I don't remember the handle being that difficult to remove so I think it should be self explanatory.

Good luck!

CW Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #213462 9th Jan 2014 10:50 pm
waitey1

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Manual Orkney Grey

MY 2011 HSE TD4
Two days out of warranty the OSF door latch failed.
Local dealer asked Land Rover to help they responded with 50/50 deal so bill would be 50% of approx £300
I was`nt satisfield with this so I will try to replace latch myself.
Thanks for all the advice on doing the job.
PS Its booked into local garage for 3 year service I may let him do it!

Post #222287 16th Apr 2014 2:41 pm
waitey1

OSF door latch

Been looking at the OSF door trim and with info downloaded from the site thought I`d give it a go.
Given it several coats of looking at and still can`t work out how interior grab handle is removed (first proceedure as in workshop manual) I see a small slot bottom right is this a clue? I`m aware how fragile clips etc. can be so some advice would be most welcome.
Thanks in anticipation

Post #222646 21st Apr 2014 3:05 pm
ad210358

England 

Surprised that LR only offered 50%, I had a gearbox changed three months out of warranty.

Post #222659 21st Apr 2014 4:26 pm
Winslet

United Kingdom 

Waitey1, the slot at the bottom is your starting point. A flat blade screwdriver will enable you to lever it towards you/up and then off. It clips on with little ridges all round and they are pretty tough.

HTH

Andrew 2016 BMW X3 30d SE in red
MY2013 SD4 XS Firenze Red, 19" 10 spoke contrast paint wheels, Signature Strips, Grand Black Lacquer trim, Cold Climate Pack - gone!
2007 TD4 S Stornoway Grey - gone!

Post #222675 21st Apr 2014 6:34 pm
waitey1

OSF door card removal

Well I managed to break whatever plastic "rivets" that secure the door pocket in removing the door card. The speaker could have been next so I retreated and replaced the card.
I see on ebay plastic retainers for the Freelander 1s door card, are they available for the Freelander 2?
It goes in on Wednesday for a service. Plus a new door latch courtesy of LR direct.
Living and learning

Post #223287 28th Apr 2014 10:26 am
Steve B

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Fuji White

Hello,

Ours has just fallen foul to this door locking problem Sad

Thanks for all the info posted, I have ordered a genuine replacement off ebay for £86 delivered and will swap it over next weekend.

Am I correct in thinking this could strike at anytime on other doors? The motors should be the same I guess, do you think it would work if I Repaired my faulty latch and kept it in stock to swap the motor if another goes faulty?

Again thanks for the information on repairing this.

Regards

Steve

Post #238300 19th Oct 2014 2:28 pm
GlynnB

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Yes I am sure that this is correct. The Johnson motors fitted to these locks are obviously not up to the job. I have searched all over for replacement brushes but found nothing similar. Couldn't find the "cheap Chinese equivalent" mentioned in one of the write ups. So we need someone with an in on obtaining Johnson motors. Silver 2009 HSE

Post #238358 20th Oct 2014 5:56 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

OSR door lock has failed, Johnson motor actually completely destroyed one of the brushes, spent hours looking for a replacement motor. Finally bit the bullet and contacted local LR dealer in Chester. Have you got one in ? "yes sir 19 in stock" Shocked
Do LR have a problem with these locks then, no apparently they don't (we do), the lock fits several vehicles hence the large stock.

Would recommend that you buy the little cap that sits at the rear of the door handle, they only cost a few quid and you will end up breaking one of the tabs.

The lock says "made in Germany", but the motors that fail are actually made in China Evil or Very Mad Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #238397 20th Oct 2014 1:23 pm
waitey1

After breaking the plastic "rivets" securing the door pocket I had the lock replaced by my local garage. I post to mention that Trim Craft, Halifax, successfully refitted the pocket using a modern adhesive at no charge.
Yes, I believe there is a problem with these locks. LR Direct charged £88.74 for drivers door LATCH RH LR011275.C8

Post #238668 23rd Oct 2014 8:04 am
Steve B

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Fuji White

All done, again thanks for the write ups, very helpful.

A couple of points I found, I never removed the exterior door handle? Undid the 3 torx and removed the cable from the latch end insitue throught the latch hole with the latch pulled back. Also I managed to refit the regulator and the window was no longer in the guide, only noticed when the window was not working correctly, fortunately I tested everything before building it all back up. Definitely worth checking visually here.

Steve

Post #238906 25th Oct 2014 1:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12