« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > got stuck in very soft wet grass
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
brian27

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Narvik Black
got stuck in very soft wet grass

i was in stirling last to see the new year firework display as it was very busy i parked on some grass which fine until i tried to get back out . there was only two ways out and both were grass
opyion 1.
gradual incline soft wet gras which i could get no traction on
option 2.
very steep incline again wet grass but slighty harder underneath

by this time a few people were watching and probably laughing Embarassed ,in everyones opinion i was gonna have to get pulled again people laughing.

option 1 no good so i had to go for the steeper option 2 and im pleased to say my beloved fl2 tackled it with ease to my amusment and everyone elses amazement

Bow down Bow down Bow down 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #12441 1st Jan 2008 1:52 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Tsk tsk, urban offroading then Brian! Glad to read that the F2 didn't embarrass the LR name Laughing Laughing
I was going to go along too but it was so wet and miserable out here 16 miles west of the town I stayed at home and read this comical thread over on D3 instead http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic16106-345.html - it runs to 25 pages now and it is all about one seller on ebay and his frustrations with "watchers". I haven't laughed so much in years - but you need about 30 minutes to read it right through How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #12442 1st Jan 2008 2:04 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Brian27

Was it something like this Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ShJZnH3flQ

If so, what is the correct procedure Question

Turn off DSC and rev Exclamation Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12444 1st Jan 2008 2:14 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I think part of your traction problems were caused by your 20" kahn wheels my bling friend

Post #12445 1st Jan 2008 2:19 pm
brian27

npinks wrote:
Brian27

Was it something like this Youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ShJZnH3flQ

If so, what is the correct procedure Question

Turn off DSC and rev Exclamation Question

not quite the same mate similar type of terrain but on a slope although i did turn off dsc and revved it
on option 1 i just kept sliding backwards towards a fence

on option 2 i had to go in reverse (not through choice) but it sailed up an incline twice as steep as option 1 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #12447 1st Jan 2008 2:32 pm
brian27

chicken george wrote:
I think part of your traction problems were caused by your 20" kahn wheels my bling friend

i think your right mate but in terms of covering the fl2 in mud and grass they worked a treat 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #12448 1st Jan 2008 2:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Tsk tsk, urban offroading then Brian! Glad to read that the F2 didn't embarrass the LR name Laughing Laughing
I was going to go along too but it was so wet and miserable out here 16 miles west of the town I stayed at home and read this comical thread over on D3 instead http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic16106-345.html - it runs to 25 pages now and it is all about one seller on ebay and his frustrations with "watchers". I haven't laughed so much in years - but you need about 30 minutes to read it right through

Just read the entire 25 pages,

What a laugh, those items his selling most be as dodgy as a dodgy thing.

Hope they keep it up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12451 1st Jan 2008 3:36 pm
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

Brian, for your feat of urban off roading did you not try the magic rotary knob, from past experience I know that wet mown grass is a potential embaressment for any 4x4(almost got all 4 wheels spinning on a County in a summer thunderstorm at the local park). Thought about using the snow and ice setting. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #12554 3rd Jan 2008 9:03 pm
brian27

upnaway wrote:
Brian, for your feat of urban off roading did you not try the magic rotary knob, from past experience I know that wet mown grass is a potential embaressment for any 4x4(almost got all 4 wheels spinning on a County in a summer thunderstorm at the local park). Thought about using the snow and ice setting.

tried it in grass mode but made no difference 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #12559 3rd Jan 2008 10:06 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

does it have bling mode? Wink

Post #12560 3rd Jan 2008 10:09 pm
brian27

chicken george wrote:
does it have bling mode? Wink

of course it has but its useless offroad Mr. Green 2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #12561 3rd Jan 2008 10:13 pm
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

brian27,

I looked through the gallery for some pics from you, but couldn't find any.....do you have some of the wheels and other mods on your FL2? Have the 20's got 275 width tyres on, and if so did any other mods need doing to car for the wider rims/tyres? or is it just a different rim offset do you know?

Gambba Thumbs Up

Post #12609 4th Jan 2008 9:49 pm
brian27

Gambba wrote:
brian27,

I looked through the gallery for some pics from you, but couldn't find any.....do you have some of the wheels and other mods on your FL2? Have the 20's got 275 width tyres on, and if so did any other mods need doing to car for the wider rims/tyres? or is it just a different rim offset do you know?

Gambba Thumbs Up

hi mate you dont need any mods just bolt them straight on ,you can fit 275/40/20 but i went for a bigger profile to give a bit more protection Thumbs Up
as far as im aware kahn are the only company to make wheels for the fl2 as it is a one off fitment
http://www.projectkahnlandrover.com/index.html

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2007 fl2 narvik black ,chrome mirrors,side steps,tinted windows,20" kahn wheels,6000k xenon conversion,black leather,garmin nuvi satnav,silver vision indicator bulbs,clear side repeaters.

Post #12618 4th Jan 2008 11:29 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #12619 4th Jan 2008 11:34 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Brian.

Thought 20" would look a bit "Essex Boy racer" but that looks pretty good... Cool

Have you considered the chrome handle and B pillar trims that are around?

Would look proper bling!

S. '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12620 4th Jan 2008 11:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>