United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
Sat Nav Won't Update

I have a 2007 Freelander 2 running on 2006 Sat Nav discs:
Land Rover Part No. 6G92-10E898-EB
Denso Part No. 104632-5530

When I try to update with 2011/12 discs:
Land Rover Part No. 6G92-10E898-EG3
Denso Part No. 104642-7600
The update does not work. It simply goes around in a loop but never completes. I have left it updating for more than an hour but still it does not work.
When I put the old disc back in it goes back to the 2006 version.

When I insert the new (2011/12) discs a message says that an "Auto Update" is required. Current software v0785; New software v0A90. I click "continue" to update but it will not complete.

Can you advise me please?

Regards,
Dave Toulson

Post #132622 18th Feb 2012 3:48 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

interesting, hopefully someone will come on shortly with the answer.

Iain

Post #132625 18th Feb 2012 3:56 pm
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Hi, Is the disc damaged ? Are there any scratches or marks on the disc ?
How are you trying to update to the new disc?
Ive just updated mine with no problems at all.
Put your key in the slot, press and hold untill igntion turns on but do not start the engine,
eject the old disc from the drive and incert the new one the correct way up.
push the lock tab accross, on the satnav screen you should see a message saying satnav update, "continue" touchscreen on tab to continue.
It should take more than 15- 20 minutes, during this time the screen may go blank, dont worry as this is normal. At some point there after It will either say update complete or the screen will go blank. When this happens eject your key then put it back in and start car as normal. Press touch the satnav screen for satnav, except the turms and you should now have it working. You may have to set your home destination again and other info you want displayed.
If this does not work then your disc may be faulty or a copy and not compatable but try gently cleaning the disc first. If all else fails you will have to contact landrover for advise Thumbs Up

Post #132632 18th Feb 2012 4:46 pm
bannerman

Thanks for the advice. Disc is genuine LR and doesnt appear to be damaged. I tried to update exactly as you described but no go. Just wondered if it was a Freelander specific disc and maybe mine is for a Disco? What Denso No. Is on yours?

Post #132639 18th Feb 2012 5:13 pm
ad210358

England 

You should get the update message, this is normal, you ned to accept it, it will then start the update, you should have the two large buttons that you normally get on the screen, they will be greyed out, the top one if you watch it, will become depressed and keep popping out then becoming depressed again, I've had this take upto 45 minutes to complete and have heard it taking an hour, just have to be patient and stick with it. Thumbs Up

Post #132640 18th Feb 2012 5:14 pm
bannerman

My top button depresses but stays that eay for about one minute. The screen then goes black, returns briefly to the LR splashscreen and then the cycle starts again. Tried it for two hours on a recent trip but never got the confirmation message and nav. Button is permanently greyed out.

Post #132643 18th Feb 2012 5:31 pm
ad210358

England 

Just stick with, it is doing a big update, it is five years of updates Thumbs Up

Post #132649 18th Feb 2012 6:08 pm
bannerman

Are you sure? I have tried it for over 2 hours and still no luck....

Post #132653 18th Feb 2012 6:39 pm
superspark

Hi again, ive just checked my part numbers against yours and are very close, mine are 2010-2011 discs.
I think you may have a problem with your dvd reader. If you put the original disc back in the drive does the satnav still work ok? Try asking the dealers advise, did you buy the discs from the dealer. Its possable the disc has data missing and thats why it keeps trying to install with out any luck.
do you know anybody near by who you could borrow new discs off just to see if they load properly, that would rule out any problem with your drive
There should be three discs in the update set you bought. I take it that you are loading the correct one for the uk??? If yes try loading one of the other discs and see what happens, if that works then you can always laod the origainal one again, then you will know theres a problem with the new disc

Post #132684 18th Feb 2012 9:59 pm
bannerman

Thanks for taking the time to check out your discs superspark. When I put the original disc back in it all seems to work okay. I have been loading the UK one but I will try another one of the three to see if this works - thanks again for the suggestion. I guess if it still works with the old disc the drive must be okay? I have to confess I got the discs off ebay but they are (as far as I can tell) genuine and in original LR packaging.

Post #132689 18th Feb 2012 10:09 pm
superspark

Just a thought mate, have you checked the new disc more closely. Take a look at your original disc, there you will see on the readable side "the side the laser reads" code numbers and a bar code, check very closely to see if the new disc looks the same, it could be a copy that some one has tried to sell. also the disc should be shiny sliver and NOT the blue/purple look of a disc that has been burnt with music etc etc.
Ive checked both my old and new discs and they look pretty much the same appart from the different codes, worth a closer look I think mate.

Post #132693 18th Feb 2012 10:23 pm
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I had a similar problem, wouldn't update and the blue navigation button was blacked out, left it running for an hour but still no luck so locked the car and went into the house, took the car out later that afternoon and still trying to update then all of a sudden the screen went blank for about 5 seconds then came on again and all was well and all the buttons were blue, hope you have the same outcome. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #132704 18th Feb 2012 11:04 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Bannerman - I have the 2011/2012 disc set and all work fine. Checked your numbers and my Denso pt no ends on 'EG'....whereas yours ends in EG3 ....just an observation - Maybe yours is a newer edition.

I tried the other discs for you earlier, even though they do not say GBR they bring up my house location fine. If they work and the GBR listed one doesn't then it's the disc.

Would agree with many other comments above though, sometimes they are quick to load, other times ages.

Good luck Thumbs Up

Edit: Sorry the above pt no is the LR one not the Denso.

Post #132716 19th Feb 2012 2:09 am
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

bannerman just checked my part numbers and they are the same as yours, got mine from eBay too Work just fine now.

edit: sorry mine is the same as mcp, LR part number ends EG. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #132733 19th Feb 2012 10:42 am
bannerman

Many thanks to you all - got it to work! Turns out the disc was dirty. After a gentle clean and an hour of updating, the screen went blank. Took out the key, restarted and after an anxious five minutes the navigation button returned and all seems fine now although yet to road test. I was wondering - obviously the maps and poi's update but is anything else changed with thesoftware? Once again, many thanks for your help. It's great to know there is such a wealth of knowledge and experience to tap into

Post #132755 19th Feb 2012 1:31 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>