Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Sat Nav Won't Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

Hay mate we are all glad you have it sorted and if theres anything else we can help you with just ask we are all just a message away Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #132756 19th Feb 2012 1:57 pm
bannerman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Thanks again! I have been on several forums for a variety of products but this is the best!

Post #132758 19th Feb 2012 2:12 pm
ad210358

England 

bannerman wrote:
I was wondering - obviously the maps and poi's update but is anything else changed with thesoftware?

Sadly, I don't think so, it will still have its little quirks as before, I do look at mine and think was that there before the update and just hadn't noticed it Smile

Post #132768 19th Feb 2012 3:55 pm
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

Everything seems the same to me, the interface hasn't changed as far as I can tell but something must have changed for it to take so long to update. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #132801 19th Feb 2012 10:34 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Sadly, everything is still the same. Rolling Eyes I used a set of Volvo discs. Took some 20 minutes to update. Works fine; maps are updated plus there seems to be more detail in the graphics. The PDF for the Volvo discs says there are over 4500 UK speed cams Shocked Not accessible on the LR system however. Amazingly, I can still access locations of nearest LR dealer on it - not Volvo dealer!
Sat Nav brain still the size of a pea, however. Used it the other day to travel from Notts to Wilts & it ended up taking me through Newbury rather than the bypass - and it was a raceday! Jams were a nightmare. In the jam, I set up my Tom Tom. It immediately picked up the "Live Traffic" info and identified the best escape route. Meanwhile the car sat nav wanted to take me through the most jammed up streets like there was no problem. All the TMC did was ident "heavy traffic ahead" when within less than a mile of entering Newbury, with no rerouting recommendations at all. Useless! I expect it seems great if you have not used another Sat Nav - but it cannot hold a candle to a Tom Tom. From now on it is "blank screen" for me & I'll use the Tom Tom when I need nav help. May be useful as a standby only. In all, great disappointment from what should be a sophisticated built-in integrated system. Crying or Very sad 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #132836 20th Feb 2012 10:24 am
bannerman

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I have to agree in part. Compared to the Dynavin I had in my BMW the LR Sat Nav is poor - anything using DVD's is old hat now and a costly and slow exercise to update. The up side is the neat integration and screen quality which is good. I also love the coordinates setting which I use a lot and have found to be very accurate.

Post #132842 20th Feb 2012 10:48 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12