Wing5th Jan 2012 8:00 pm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Bill Turner

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
Freel2.com Bala Off Road Day-Year 2

Hi All,

As promised I have been in touch with Landcraft to see if we can get a Saturday in April or May for another "Off Road" in the Welsh forests when the weather will hopefully be better and we will definitly have more daylight hours.

As you can see from the "Sign Up" above they have come with 3 dates which suit them and fit in round my forest car rallying and caraven rallying commitments.

So now it is up to you people but nearly 9 hours in thr trees for £50.00 has got to be good value and for those who did not take part last year here are some links which will give you more information.

http:www.landcraft4x4.co.uk/lres/events.html

http://youtube.be/6iQ6yZE

http:www.olddog.co.uk/download/lrx./htm

http:www.flickr.com/photos/2214879@N08/sets/72157627958157855/

Waiting to hear from you,

Best regards,

Bill.

PS if the links do not work please go to last years posts. Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.
Licenced MSA Radio Operator for 35+ years.
Rallying is the only sport.

Post #126216 5th Jan 2012 3:06 pm
Bill Turner

Link to landcraft which works.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go...7737962371

Bill Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.

Post #126217 5th Jan 2012 3:31 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

could i suggest some sort of small forum donation is built in to the pricing for each member attending, after all it is the forum what is bringing in the the members to attend this Idea

Post #126218 5th Jan 2012 3:40 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

You can find the working links at http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic9402-150.html

David

Post #126220 5th Jan 2012 3:52 pm
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

could i suggest the forum moderators sponser the event then, and provide free stickers and refreshments from the donations they collect, Exclamation Exclamation i always thought that is what forums were for to bring people together not asking for donations Big Cry Big Cry rainy-city
xs

Post #126221 5th Jan 2012 3:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Rolling Eyes

The forum is free to its members, but they are not free to run when Martin has servers to keep all the data on, bandwidth to pay for etc, but then there is the fact that the offroad site will be making money out of this event, so maybe it should classed as a commercial post and require some form of sponsorship money if they would like it to continue Question

It was after all a suggestion to help maintain the forum, I'll run it passed Martin and see if he is happy for it to be on here

Post #126231 5th Jan 2012 4:55 pm
julytourist

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Bill, thanks for organising! in case you are not aware, April 6th is Easter weekend which might not be suitable for some..... I have signed for the May date but can also do the second April date.... Looking forward to it, JT
PS as to forum donation I am not bothered either way but tend to agree with BigAlf....... Upgraded to an ex demo, 7 mth old, Rimini Red/Ebony Napoli Auto HSE on 28th Jan 2011, added roof rails, mudflaps and side strips.
Gone - A great 57 Plate, Auto SE, Bought Feb 2009, Roof Rails and Mudflaps added on purchase. Blue colour, anything but drug dealer black.....

Post #126233 5th Jan 2012 4:57 pm
Bill Turner

npinks wrote:
:roll:

The forum is free to its members, but they are not free to run when Martin has servers to keep all the data on, bandwidth to pay for etc, but then there is the fact that the offroad site will be making money out of this event, so maybe it should classed as a commercial post and require some form of sponsorship money if they would like it to continue :?:

It was after all a suggestion to help maintain the forum, I'll run it passed Martin and see if he is happy for it to be on here

I do not want to upset anybody on the forum and only put up the idea as so many people enjoyed last years event.
If we get sufficient numbers to run the event I will ask for donations on the day, but it leads me to ask if the forum are going to ask for donations for all events mentioned on this forum. i. e. Clay Shooting days. Tong Off Road days etc.

Bill.

PS. Just to make it clear that I do not benefit in any way from running this event and in fact receive masses of ear ache for "her indoors" about the time I spend co-ordinating it. Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.

Post #126235 5th Jan 2012 5:28 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Bill I don't want to upset the event either, but when bigger events happen, like this one and others i feel its the right thing to do, but thats me saying it as a forum user not a mod.

Its you that's is organising it and you do it out of your own time for free, I believe part of the Tong fee is a donation, but i might be wrong on that as it was 2 years ago when i last went to one, but the Clay Day that was organised didn't ask for a donation at the time, something that i thought about but never brought it up to toeknee who arranged that day.

Its up to you, it was a suggestion, and could be optional, just like somebody asking if a bacon butty van will be there, I'll leave it there Thumbs Up

Post #126241 5th Jan 2012 5:40 pm
bigalf1961

how can you say bigger events you don;t know how many are going to attend the event yet Exclamation also ref donations is your business sponcers contributions and donations from sales of goods not sufficent after all i hope that the sight is not heading the way of the dealers where you charge for everything Big Cry i have seen this happen on other forums b4 and it has ruined them.please do not spoil a excellent forum by asking for donations when members are trying to get together it may be a better idea to turn up and try and sell some goodies from the forum shop to help raise monies for the maitanance of the servers etc that is what others do, i would give a donation if it went to a charity like HELP FOR HEROES!! Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #126265 5th Jan 2012 6:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bill Turner

npinks wrote:
Bill I don't want to upset the event either, but when bigger events happen, like this one and others i feel its the right thing to do, but thats me saying it as a forum user not a mod.

Its you that's is organising it and you do it out of your own time for free, I believe part of the Tong fee is a donation, but i might be wrong on that as it was 2 years ago when i last went to one, but the Clay Day that was organised didn't ask for a donation at the time, something that i thought about but never brought it up to toeknee who arranged that day.

Its up to you, it was a suggestion, and could be optional, just like somebody asking if a bacon butty van will be there, I'll leave it there :thumbsup:

bigalf, can we leave this for me to sort out. I cannot add a donation to the price as everyone will pay individualy to Landcraft so that in the remote case of somebody not paying I will not be left out of pocket (thanks to Athelstan last year for this sound advice).

In the meantime I will speak to Landcraft when I next see the MD (do not think this is a matter for email) and hopefully sort something out.

Bill Life Honorary Member of Wallasey Motor Club.

Post #126278 5th Jan 2012 7:50 pm
Wing

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Thanks for the email giving me a heads-up for this event Bill and thanks again for volunteering to arrange what turned out to be a great day for the 12 of us who attended last October.
I've indicated the May date, but will not be 100% sure for a couple of months yet if that's O.K? If not please feel free to remove me from the list until I can be sure. Thumbs Up

Post #126282 5th Jan 2012 8:16 pm
bigalf1961

hi bill yes i will leave it to you now sorry if i started something :bow:but it rely is like holding a red rag to a bull things like this to me, but where will the asking stop as was said plenty of other outings/meet days have gone by with no donations asked for Whistle Whistle i am sure iam am not the only member who feel strongly against this when there are other ways of raising revenue if required by the forum management with a little thought nothing personal npinks just venting my views Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #126285 5th Jan 2012 8:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Edited out part of my reply to prevent it escalliting further, but

I said bigger events as last year the turn out was quite a good one and lots of people said they would come to the following year.

But yet again people Can't say Censored all on this forum without people taking offence, a suggestion is just that a suggestion, look it up in a Censored dictionary if you don't know the meaning Rolling Eyes

Post #126287 5th Jan 2012 8:45 pm
EYorkshire

Yes, I have an opinion but my mine is not relevent at the moment. It was a suggestion by npinks only and is something for Bill and the forum 'board' to sort out.
Let's not sour the thread with this, just let it run as was intended and let them sort it by PM. Thumbs Up

Post #126291 5th Jan 2012 9:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>