« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Debenhams Online Shopping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue
Debenhams Online Shopping

Just a quick heads up to anyone who has recently used Debenhams online shopping. Placed an order about 3 weeks ago for 5 items, first item arrived within 2 days, 3 days later I got an email to say 2 of the items were on backorder and 1 was completely out of stock, no mention of the other item. Another 8 days passed before the backorder items arrived and still no mention of the other item, then out of the blue it arrived. However on checking my bank account online I discovered that they had charged me TWICE for the last item (about £50). I contacted their customer services which put me on hold for 5 minutes, they then transferred me to someone else who after taking some details - put me on hold for 10 minutes and then I had to be transferred to the 'cash desk' - "sorry sir there a queue are you okay to hold". After 20 minutes I gave up! Gonna try again tonight and failing that will write to them (costing me a fortune in phone calls!)

So if you have shopped at Debenhams - check your bank statement

Post #122423 5th Dec 2011 10:22 am
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

I go into the store and shop face to face with all the pretty ladies who are very polite and helpful. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #122483 5th Dec 2011 6:39 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

Just ring your bank and tell them you have a charge for goods or services you have not had, they will sort it out for you 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #122489 5th Dec 2011 7:29 pm
shilen

The saga continues!! I wrote a letter rto Debenhams Customer Services on 6th December and finally got a phone call on the 28th December apologising for the delay and that they would look into it. They rang back to say that the first payment was to reserve the goods and the second payment was when they were dispatched. It felt like I was talking to a housebrick when i explained that my bank statement (which I copied and sent with the letter) clearly shows 2 payments for the same amount on the same day and that the cummulative balance showed that 2 payments had clearly been taken out of my account. It went quiet for a few days and then I got a phone call from another woman in their department who didnt know someone had already been in touch, i had to explain everything again and now almost a week on I am still awaiting my refund - ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL!!!

Another TOSSPOT outfit - COMET. I ordered a laptop just after christmas in the sales, they hadnt got stock at any branch near me but i placed an order on the basis that the warehouse would deliver to my local store for me to collect on 5th january and that i would receive a phone call from the branch to confirm it was ready to collect. Anyway money was taken out of my account on 31st December and having heard nothing on Thursday I called their Customer Services yesterday who after some digging discovered that the laptop i ordered is out of stock absolutely everywhere and there is no date when it will become available again. They advised that they shouldnt have taken payment until the goods were ready to dispatch and apologised and said a refund would be made within the next 3 to 5 days!! So now I have £400 missing out of my bank, no laptop and no money in the bank to buy another until the refund arrives. Plus that fact im now going to have to pay a higher price for the same spec as the sales have now ended AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Think next year im gonna get on my feet and walk round the shops - its less hassle!!

Post #126484 7th Jan 2012 11:23 am
ad210358

England 

Similar situation with me, our Boiler failed a week before Christmas, new parts were fitted, and then another fault appeared, so decided to cut our losses and replace the boiler, British Gas gave us a quote which we accepted, new boiler delivered Tuesday, fitted Wednesday and Thursday, paid in full on Thursday. Four hours later boiler made an odd noise and blew the fuses, BG called, they came Friday, they couldn't get it going as it was an electrical fault and needed an electrician, electrician came and the boiler started working again, three hours later, it has blown again, so they are enroute to rectify it, so basically I have had no central heating since the 18th of December and am £3300 worse off. Twisted Evil

Post #126486 7th Jan 2012 12:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Should have bought a jumper Whistle

Get a complaint in to BG for compo Wink

Post #126488 7th Jan 2012 12:25 pm
EYorkshire

Cheaper to have bought a 'Webasto' and fitted it yourself with Alex's help Shocked Laughing

Seriously, that is a serious amount of money to pay for a gas boiler Shocked To replace my 28kW Combi is £800 without labour.

Post #126489 7th Jan 2012 12:29 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

ad210358 wrote:
Similar situation with me, our Boiler failed a week before Christmas, new parts were fitted, and then another fault appeared, so decided to cut our losses and replace the boiler, British Gas gave us a quote which we accepted, new boiler delivered Tuesday, fitted Wednesday and Thursday, paid in full on Thursday. Four hours later boiler made an odd noise and blew the fuses, BG called, they came Friday, they couldn't get it going as it was an electrical fault and needed an electrician, electrician came and the boiler started working again, three hours later, it has blown again, so they are enroute to rectify it, so basically I have had no central heating since the 18th of December and am £3300 worse off. Twisted Evil

I did suggest that he moved into the van, as it would be a lot warmer in three Laughing

Post #126494 7th Jan 2012 2:00 pm
EYorkshire

toeknee wrote:

I did suggest that he moved into the van, as it would be a lot warmer in three Laughing

A threesome in the van Shocked Thumbs Up That'll soon raise the temperature Laughing

Post #126495 7th Jan 2012 2:06 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

EYorkshire wrote:
toeknee wrote:

A threesome in the van Shocked Thumbs Up That'll soon raise the temperature Laughing

Using the old steam powered PC, wouldn't have happened with the I Pad Laughing

Post #126496 7th Jan 2012 2:35 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

toeknee wrote:

I did suggest that he burnt the van, as it would be a lot warmer then Laughing
 At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #126500 7th Jan 2012 3:11 pm
ad210358

England 

EYorkshire wrote:
Cheaper to have bought a 'Webasto' and fitted it yourself with Alex's help Shocked Laughing

Seriously, that is a serious amount of money to pay for a gas boiler Shocked To replace my 28kW Combi is £800 without labour.

The boiler was around £1400, plus the fitting, £750 to flush the rads and another £250 for a filter so BG will take it on a maintenance contract, then I just have to pay £13 a month from next year for maintenance, though at this rate it will last for ages as nothing is getting used Evil or Very Mad

Post #126504 7th Jan 2012 3:51 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

condensor boiler? make sure the condensate drain is frost free or it will freeze in winter and stop the boiler. Im lucky mine stays in the house so no problems ( joins into a basin waste) At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #126505 7th Jan 2012 3:54 pm
shilen

the pipe out of my condensor boiler travels along the garage roof approx 3m in a inch and a half plastic pipe, last winters frost managed to freeze that up and stop the boiler working, had to dismantle the pipework outside and melt the residual ice in the copper pipe going into the boiler with a blow lamp!!

Post #126517 7th Jan 2012 5:15 pm
ad210358

England 

CG, apparently the condensor pipe freezing in the winter is a common problem, mine like yours is routed from the boiler to the waste outlet below the sink, not that I reckon it has carried any water yet, it needs to be running to do that Evil or Very Mad

Still, the young lady from the gas board is currently working her magic on the boiler, rads are warming up. Shame really Mrs Ad did say that when the gas man was coming today, he would not be allowed to leave until it was working, by the looks of this boiler engineer I can't see that happening, gutted Whistle

Post #126519 7th Jan 2012 5:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>