Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Debenhams Online Shopping
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
taztastic

England 

£1400 for a boiler is going some, but £750 to flush the rads, you shouldn't have let them use Chardonnay, it would have been much better to use the urine they are extracting.
Hope you get it sorted before the cold snap comes Thumbs Up

Post #126520 7th Jan 2012 5:36 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I paid £300 to have my rads flushed with my plumber, £750 you must be sat of a blow up donut after that, as they defiantly made you drop and bend over for that one Shocked

Post #126523 7th Jan 2012 5:47 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

shilen wrote:
the pipe out of my condensor boiler travels along the garage roof approx 3m in a inch and a half plastic pipe, last winters frost managed to freeze that up and stop the boiler working, had to dismantle the pipework outside and melt the residual ice in the copper pipe going into the boiler with a blow lamp!!

Ours used to do this but last winter (just in time for the big freeze) we had an engineer out to fit some lagging and also a heating element which is wired up to the boiler. A thermostat automatically activates it at cold temperatures and keeps the pipe frost free Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #126525 7th Jan 2012 5:47 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

My condensate pipe is run in 18mm pipe work horizontal before it meets the guttering outside, froze up with lagging last year, renewed it this year but at what BG quoted for the heater element I'll disconnect it below the boiler and put a bucket there instead

Post #126526 7th Jan 2012 5:53 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

npinks wrote:
My condensate pipe is run in 18mm pipe work horizontal before it meets the guttering outside, froze up with lagging last year, renewed it this year but at what BG quoted for the heater element I'll disconnect it below the boiler and put a bucket there instead

Ours was free of charge cos of the service & repair contract we have with them Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #126527 7th Jan 2012 5:59 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I'll not touch BG with a 10 foot bargepole for installations and service. Use a recommended local plumber. Mine replaced my boiler for £1200 inc flush etc (and I got £400 scrappage courtesy of Gordon Brown). If I need service or have a fault, it's a quick phone call to get sorted. 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #126551 7th Jan 2012 7:39 pm
ad210358

England 

The earache I have had this Christmas over getting a plumber, it will be worth it.
It seems you cannot get a maintenance contract on an existing system unless you allow BG to do this. After having the last boiler for thirteen years and had half a dozen call outs, I've already logged two in threes days with the new one Evil or Very Mad

Post #126556 7th Jan 2012 8:25 pm
BossBob

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

British Gas won't get across our doorstep. We also use a local recommended plumber. Had our boiler fitted by a colleagues husband, (approved plumber with all the certificates), he rented the flushing kit, we ran it. Haven't had any problems.
Another colleague has had so much trouble with BG that she has the area managers mobile phone number and has a nice collection of compensation checks. I'd see if you're due any!!

Post #126564 7th Jan 2012 9:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12