« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Parked thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
Parked thread

notice this thread is now locked, fair enough but would you care to explain why, am I missing something that was offensive or total inappropriate

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic10366.html

Post #119090 4th Nov 2011 12:17 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I second that .......

Post #119092 4th Nov 2011 12:57 am
athelstan

I support the esteemed toeknee and mcphersonstrut in their legitimate protestation.

Post #119094 4th Nov 2011 8:05 am
2herring

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Havana

Thumbs Up to the above.

As only a minor contributor to this forum, I was disappointed by the tone of some of the comments on the thread in question and believe that EY is owed an apology. Comments made since only reinforce my view. Just my opinion for what is is worth.

Post #119095 4th Nov 2011 8:14 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

You can see the way the thread was going, so to prevent it going any further I decided to lock it

Whether directed at me or anyone else I would still do the same Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #119097 4th Nov 2011 8:15 am
EYorkshire

I’d hate for this to escalate any further and cause friction for others, yes it was only npinks comment that annoyed me in that thread, I can argue till the sun goes down with faceless people but ...... the guy’s comment tarred me with his extreme view of all ramblers, and having met him on two occasions I took that to heart as I’m a pretty down to earth guy who can get on with anyone.
The two Andy’s, Tony and CG (I know your real name but won’t divulge it :wink: ) are real good guys and I appreciate their postings but it’s only my sensitivity that has made me pull out for a while. I’ll be back and npinks and myself can ignore each other in future so no more animosity between us can occur. :thumbsup:

Post #119099 4th Nov 2011 8:50 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

So I can't state my opinion on what I think Rolling Eyes have encounters about ramblers, whether that's them walking down the middle of a country lane, whilst I drive down and fail to step aside because they were there first, or do the same when I used to mountain bike on roads or on trails

Maybe a small minority have tarred the others with the same brush, you could say the same on BMW drivers too because some drive too close or fast and don't use the indicators Wink

Ignore me Dave, that's your choice, but it's a shame a adult can't take others opinions

Maybe I should throw my toys out when people say due to me having a white car, Im a hairdresser, gay or whatever Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #119102 4th Nov 2011 9:02 am
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

This may make me seem like a MOD but here goes:

We must all remember that we experience different situatiuons at different times and places which can have an affect on our own view of the world.

What we ALL must remember is that everyone's opinion is valid (however right or wrong we feel it is!)

Understanding is needed by all and perhaps further discussion as to why people have certain views in an open and friendly way.

We are all here on this forum because we share a common interest - doesn't mean we have to agree on all aspects of life...

npinks - I never believed you were a gay hairdresser rather can agree with the 'whatever' - which is true of us all Thumbs Up

The documentary was designed to provoke discussion - it did that - now move on Very Happy 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #119103 4th Nov 2011 9:12 am
EYorkshire

Nick, comments on your car, gender etc are obviously made in jest and taken as such, the thread in question was a serious one and you said ALL RAMBLERS, well I like to think I am different. Your opinion of me surprised me, you have met me twice now, do you think I have a 'mightier than thou attitude', no I haven't.
Perhaps I'm a touch sensitive when wrongly tarred with an attitude that I do not have but I think this has been aired for long enough.

Post #119104 4th Nov 2011 9:12 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I think you are a touch sensitive, if the use of a word upsets you so much, but as said move on Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #119106 4th Nov 2011 9:19 am
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Quote:
simont wrote
The documentary was designed to provoke discussion - it did that - now move on Very Happy

Agree with simont above Thumbs Up

Hopefully things will move on and Dave will stick around, still don't understand the locking of the thread, but will leave it there.

Post #119107 4th Nov 2011 9:34 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

toeknee wrote:
.......Hopefully things will move on and Dave will stick around Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up , still don't understand why I bought the wrong coloured car, but will leave it there.

Very Happy

Post #119108 4th Nov 2011 9:44 am
taztastic

England 

We are all sensitive at times, it is spotting it that is key.

I was annoyed at the little sheep symbol, but hey ho, the other peple involved are close to EY having met up on meets, I have met him only once, a most genuine and peaceable person you could ever wish to meet.

I feel that as a Mod, you possibly should have spotted any gathering storm especially as you too know EY, and perhaps backed off a little. That said though, as a Mod, you are one of the best on any forum I have been on or I am part of, and, part of your remit is too promote and encourage discussion. Many mods behave like Police and the forums are usually bad places to be, you don't and credit to you for that Thumbs Up

I am glad EY hasn't left here and look forward to future posts and possibly meeting up again.

Post #119109 4th Nov 2011 9:50 am
ad210358

England 

npinks wrote:

Ignore me Dave, that's your choice, but it's a shame a adult can't take others opinions

Shocked who locks a thread when it is not going his way Question

My final word, it's done, dusted, moved on Thumbs Up

Post #119116 4th Nov 2011 10:40 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Right Smile

As somebody who has fallen foal of ramblers, I may tar them with the same brush, but when people say all do they actually mean all, when Dave took offence i did retract and say well 99.9%, that was meant to say Dave obviously wasn't included in that, maybe i should have said 99.8% and included his wife too. Laughing

As said I have met Dave, his a good bloke, but your taking things to heart too much, opinions are just that, words typed don't come out like you have typed them and people can read what has been typed in many different ways.

I don't think I should apologise for my opinions, we live in a country that allows free speech, but then I don't want to upset anyone, sorry if it makes it any better, you must be one of the good guys when your out walking Dave, so Sorry.

Now move on everyone. Smile Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #119119 4th Nov 2011 10:47 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>