Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Anyone else one of the 500 LE Sport 2011 model owners??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Dom Harvey

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

I'll check mine on Monday when I collect it.....looking forward to it, chopped in the D3, couldn't wait for a D4 and as it was sat in the showroom looking lovely couldn't resist.....White too Thumbs Up

Post #95718 19th Mar 2011 2:22 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Popped in to my local dealer to view the Firenze Red Sport. Very nice! The £35k price though was not!!

Took these snaps for you of a very well aligned front spoiler.

Take these in to your dealer and tell them to get it sorted!! Obviously it can be done! Thumbs Up There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #95752 19th Mar 2011 9:24 pm
EYorkshire

That's how it should be, not a lug in sight, nice pics Thumbs Up If we can see that it is obviously wrong, why did the dealer accept it as 'correct' on three occasions. It's this negative response of "that's how it is, go away and don't bother us" that will give the customer second thoughts on ever using them again. Makes a mockery of LR's quality control and the PDI.
Not all of them are this way, thank goodness.

Last edited by EYorkshire on 25th Apr 2011 3:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #95753 19th Mar 2011 9:44 pm
Freelander 2 le sport

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Fuji White

Many thanks for all your replys, its fitted how it should be now after a email to lr.

what lights as standard does the sport have as i want to fit hids to it? cheers

Post #95886 21st Mar 2011 1:49 pm
Jinx

Freelander 2 LE Sport

I bought a new Freelander 2 LE sport in March 2011. White. Whilst driving on the motorway today the front lower middle section of my spoiler fell off. I drover over the top of it and it was narroiwly missed by other vehicles. I( went into a nearby dealership who have photographed it and checked underside for damage.They tell me no damage underneath. They haver photographed it and have sent photographs to my supplying dealer. Very dissapointed in a vehiclke which is only 7 weeks old. My 1st LR in over 30 yrs and maybe my last

Post #99790 25th Apr 2011 3:46 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Laughing LR body kits are and always will be crap stick to the classic look At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #99798 25th Apr 2011 5:50 pm
Junior

England 
Re: Freelander 2 LE Sport

Jinx wrote:
Very dissapointed in a vehiclke which is only 7 weeks old. My 1st LR in over 30 yrs and maybe my last

Bit harsh cos a bit of plastic fell off Shocked

Post #99803 25th Apr 2011 6:48 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Quite agree with the comment, if you spend £8K on a car it wouldnt be difficult to accept the odd nickle but on a £30K plus car you would expect great build quality.

Never forget the time the sports grille on my last FL2 came loose, had to be RE-GLUED into position by the dealer!

Post #99809 25th Apr 2011 8:38 pm
Dom Harvey

Sh*t happens to all makes of car...its hardly the end of the world and certainly not grounds for dumping a brand because of it Rolling Eyes 
My Landrover History:
2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Limited Edition - Current
2008 Discovery 3 GS Auto
2006 Discovery 3 Manual
2004 Discovery 3 Manual
2003 Defender TD5 CSW Manual
1996 Defender 300TDi CSW Manual

Post #99814 25th Apr 2011 8:42 pm
Junior

England 

shilen wrote:
Quite agree with the comment, if you spend £8K on a car it wouldnt be difficult to accept the odd nickle but on a £30K plus car you would expect great build quality.

Never forget the time the sports grille on my last FL2 came loose, had to be RE-GLUED into position by the dealer!

And you still bought another new one Whistle

Post #99817 25th Apr 2011 9:18 pm
shilen

Junior wrote:
shilen wrote:

And you still bought another new one Whistle

Well other than that it was the best 4x4xfar!! Never had a new car without its faults! (previous 2 BMW's were much much worse to live with!)

Post #99835 25th Apr 2011 11:28 pm
Jinx

Freelander 2 LE Sport

I have been an Audi Owner for the past 10yrs or so. (3 different cars) Maybe I was lucky but always found the build quality and reliability to be first class. Due to the state of the road network in Scotland (better off with dirt tracks) I decided that after a 10 year absence I would have another go at a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I was wanting a larger vehicle but as my wife is the main driver of this car we bought a new Ltd Edition Freelander Sport. Price paid £34000. Im sorrry but the supplying dealer was awful,damaged the vehicle prior to handover and attempted to cover this up. I had an almighty fall out with them over this and obtained 3 years free servicing. So far my experience with Landrover is not what I would expect. When I am overtaking on the offside lane of a Motorway and a considerable part of the vehicle falls off causing following vehicles to swere and the potential damage or injury that could cause I would say that it gives me cause for concern about the quality of these vehicles. There is either a design fault or a fitting issue with this part as although I am new to this forum I have already found another thread where owners of the same 2011 Ltd Edition model are having similar problems.I will wait to see what level of Care /Commitment I am offered regarding this or whether or not they will try and deny responsibility. I stopped at the first Garage belonging to the group from whom I bought the vehicle and one of the 1st questions I was asked was would there be a claim from other drivers re damage to their vehicles. Warms the cockles of your heart.

Post #99847 26th Apr 2011 7:13 am
shilen

The body kit is one thing which im glad I dont have this time around. Most of it is stuck on with 3M tape and glue!!

I never knew when I originally ordered it back in 2008 that to fit the sports grille the original 2 bar grille had to have its bars sawn out for the new mesh grille to be glued in (you dont have this problem with the facelift thankfully!) I was shocked to find this out on a car costing over £30K. I could only gringe to think of my new unregistered FL2 sitting in a dealers workshop with a technician with saw in hand bearing down onto it!! I also had one of the side skirts fall off when I shut the rear passenger door once but this was partly due to one of LR's Engineers taking it off the day before to fix a rattle and not glueing it back properly.

Other than an annoying rattle (which was eventually cured) my old FL2 was faultless mechanically and was the most comfortable car I have ever driven hence having another.

Post #99856 26th Apr 2011 9:45 am
Junior

England 

As Mentioned Earlier,
The front lower centre piece of the sports kit, Will be removed and re-fitted during delivery due to the towing hitch underneath it being used to fasten the car to the delivery lorry, Some valeter or apprentice probabley got the job of fitting it and as they dont see many did it wrong-Bit of a bummer but hardly Landrover the companys fault?

Post #99915 26th Apr 2011 3:17 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Just had a look at a Fuji Sport Le at Farnells guisely

Very nice looking, but I think the Fuji White disco4 Landmark was nice too, but then at £46k it should be

i Must stop the looking me thinks Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #99924 26th Apr 2011 4:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>