Home > Technical > HDC FAULT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
nick f

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
hdc fault

HI
After some delay my fl2 went into the dealers this week 7/3/2011 for the message hdc fault and the drivers seat kept on going down . They said there was no fault logged with the hdc and put it down to low battery voltage due to the recent cold weather so they charged up the battery and tested it and they say everything is ok with the battery. The problem with the driver`s seat was the mechanism attached to the lever which pumps the seat up they say that it has been replaced under the warranty so i`ll see how it goes .
hope this helps anyone with the same problems.

57 plate now on private plate GS auto stornoway grey ,privacy glass

Post #94710 9th Mar 2011 11:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nick f

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey

well the dealer fitted a new part to my seat and i got the freelander back on the 9/3/2011 and the next morning when i got into the freelander i had to pump the seat up so that was a great fix wasn`t it . i phoned landrover customer service and i`m still waiting for them to ring back.

Post #95424 16th Mar 2011 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
oldgeezer

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Baltic Blue

HDC fault and other messages displayed whilst starting in cold weather ! Mine suffered this for 2.5 years untill I got fed up with going to dealers and fixed myself. Its caused by the battery voltage dropping too low !
I fitted an extra earth cable from the neg battery post to the starter motor securing bolt. I used starter cable and soldered brass eyelets on each end.
The whole car drives totally different now and no faults have appeared since ( now over 4 months including starting in -6 )
when I checked the earth from the battery to the engine with an anolouge volt meter I was getting 3.5 volts at cranking !!!!!!!! should be ZERO ! and I put a scope on the battery to record the voltage and it dropped to 7.8 volts !!!!!!!!! no wonder it kept flagging up faults

Post #98710 14th Apr 2011 9:35 am
Bazzaread

England 

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post, I had the HDC fault this morning due to a low voltage on the battery, battery is now fully charged and fault gone. All I need to do now is find out what caused the flat battery !!

Post #103696 30th May 2011 1:30 pm
The Road Toad

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

Had a similar problem recently on trying to start the day after a 200 mile journey and the kind AA man discovered a 3.5 amp draw on the battery from something not switched off correctly.
Battery was only giving out 7.7 volts - not enough for starting.
He disconnected battery leads from battery and held the two ends together for 10 seconds - apparently this can help reset the electrics.
Jump leads on and away we went.
Elsewhere in the forum are mentions about the double locking via the key fob - always double lock - apparently as this ensures that everything shuts down. Tattoos - Why would you choose to look like the wall of a public toilet?

Post #104682 8th Jun 2011 4:34 pm
EYorkshire

Single locking, double locking, turn the radio off first before ejecting key fob, do this before that and don't stand on one leg whilst locking. It's all been said before but let's face it, if you have to do these things then you have something wrong that needs investigating.
I have single locked since January when purchasing the car and not once have I had to get the starting handle out, the system is designed to shut down irrespective of how or which way you lock up at night.

It's the same with cold starting problems, some say do not put fob in and press ignition immediately, why not, the timer will delay the start while the glow plugs operate otherwise there is a problem that needs investigating.

We do not have to investigate strange ways to overcome problems, it is designed to start, stop and shutdown properly whichever way we decide to do it. If not then it's a dealer visit.

Post #104703 8th Jun 2011 7:48 pm
m1964

United States 

EYorkshire wrote:
Single locking, double locking, turn the radio off first before ejecting key fob, do this before that and don't stand on one leg whilst locking. It's all been said before but let's face it, if you have to do these things then you have something wrong that needs investigating.
I have single locked since January when purchasing the car and not once have I had to get the starting handle out, the system is designed to shut down irrespective of how or which way you lock up at night....

I always single lock and had not had a problem (yet...).
The electronics in this vehicle are not very reliable...And the dealer service is not great to say the least-if there is no code(s) logged, they cannot diagnose anything unless they see a mechanical problem.

Post #104825 10th Jun 2011 1:59 am
rorsters

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

I have my 07 se now for 4weeks and I to have been getting this message every couple of days, plus the car will not entertain starting, until I get out, close the doors double click, then open again.
Untill today, doesn't matter what I do the thing won't start. Big Cry
Same message HDC FAULT, SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE. Dealers on his way with a trailer to lift it.
This has happened after a 60min drive in 18c weather. I stopped at the shop for 2mins then nothing. Battery voltage is 12.4
In my case this is not a cold weather issue. Faugh A Ballagh

Post #111899 2nd Sep 2011 4:30 pm
rorsters

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

3 days after posting above post a new battery was installed by the garage I bought the Freelander. The mechanic fitted an 80amp batt for the stock 70amp one.
Have to say it's like a different car, havn't had a single problem since (6wks). Even the mirrors fold and unfold faster and smoother, not a single dreaded HDC FAULT, and the car starts first time every time. Faugh A Ballagh

Post #117652 21st Oct 2011 6:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123