« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Proud Freelander owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
realspeed

United Kingdom 
Proud Freelander owner

Just picked up the freelander2 GSe todayso first thoughts compared against a Kia Sorento.

Comming down the motorway there seemed to be a little move sway from side to side but that may be purely down to a narrower vehicle, but nothing to get concerned about. Just a question of getting used to.
On the comfort side it beats the Kia hands down with with better designed seats, the raised seat edges do help.
Have to say I am pleasently suprised how much room there is between the front seats. So much head room as well even a giraffe could sit inside with room to spare so it seems.
What faced me was the array of buttons and knobs which was a bit overwhelming at first glance but working out slowly what was what.
Not being used to it yet the acceleration doesn't seem as quick but it may just be down to taking it easy on the accelerater peddle.
On the negative side it came without a spare wheel, a huge drawback in my opinion considering the cost of the vehicle. Also will have to take it back because I object paying £600 for a SAT Nav worth £140 after being told I was getting an LR SAT Nav with reversing cameras or in other words a good spec SAT NAV at least, but that was the dealer not the car.

So do I like the car? out of 10 I would give it 8.5 for the reasons given.

Realspeed

Post #96828 28th Mar 2011 9:47 pm
dunroof

If I were you, I'd get the Kia back quick! Thumbs Up

Post #96831 28th Mar 2011 9:51 pm
realspeed

United Kingdom 

Dunroof

What I havn't given a percentage of is the difference between the Kia And the Freelander. If I were to put them side by side and having the Kia for 4 years against a 1 year old car not being used to, the Freelander definately come out on top if only for comfort. The build quality is definately noticably better on the Freelander but then again the new prices do reflect the difference to a degree. The Kia is definately a great vehicle for the price but depreciation is a serious problem.

Between the two excluding depreciation/running costs the freelander comes out about 20% better overall.

Realspeed

Post #96835 28th Mar 2011 10:01 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Realspeed,
Welcome owd lad.
Hope you enjoy many miles in your FL2.
I've never noticed the 'side to side' on mways.
But then again, the m6 doesn't seem to move much above 40!!! Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #96846 28th Mar 2011 10:46 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Proud Freelander owner

realspeed wrote:
Also will have to take it back because I object paying £600 for a SAT Nav worth £140 after being told I was getting an LR SAT Nav with reversing cameras or in other words a good spec SAT NAV at least, but that was the dealer not the car.
Realspeed

I wonder why the dealer told you that given reversing cameras are not even an option on the Freelander unless they were refering to an aftermarket fitment! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #96854 29th Mar 2011 12:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1