Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > buying, new gs or 3yr old hse ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

GS FTW.

Yes HSE has more toys but its only for gimmick purposes mostly. I have the cold climate pack fitted to my GS which adds heated windscreen and washer jets. No need for heated seats with cloth so thats not an issue.

I had mine from new and with the recent snow, the residual values are quite good. What Car? rates the GS as the best model because it strikes the perfect balance between price and equipment, the HSE is just too expensive. I would keep my GS any day over a used HSE.

Infact, if I had enough money to be able to say 'right I can comfortably afford a brand new HSE', I think I would sooner get a used RRS. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #91748 12th Feb 2011 7:17 pm
sportsman

United Kingdom 

andyrussell wrote:
went for an 07 hse in the end, 18.5 k done 40k miles, love it !!!. Getting 28/29 mpg, on local, easy footed driving but when you floor it !!!! WOW !!!, she flies!!!.

Any thoughts on tunit box to increase power/mpg ?? I bet ther's a thread on here somewhere about it?.

I have just had my Freelander 08 model remapped by dynachip £225,notice the differance right away with regards to power increase,but i am now getting around town depending how i drive it 34-36 average but if i light foot it i get 38-41 well made up to be honest and mike at dynachip has done my last 3 vehicles which was a ford s max and 2 prevoius vw Golf tdi and i have never had a problemi.

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #91753 12th Feb 2011 8:32 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12