« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Spotted > Seen and Driven one!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chippypip

United Kingdom 
Seen and Driven one!

Was offered a quick drive in a HSE variant.

The boot is much bigger for a start, and the rear wheel is inside. The boot floor can be reversed with a harder wearing surface at the top, so the carpet doesn't get soiled.

Biggest difference?

The engine. Much more responsive, couldn't believe it was a diesel!

Also the suspension and handlng.

The new 'push in' key was different, with the start/stop button to the left. The electric windows won't go down if the engine isn't running. Also when you turn the engine off, the wing mirrors fold in.

I was quite impressed really. Build quality seems to be much better, It'll definately sell.

Would I buy one (I already have a D3)?

Yes!

In fact probably in the next year, but not a HSE, possibly an SE. Will wait and see if an EX demo comes up.

Post #901 30th Nov 2006 12:04 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Also had a sit in one today - an HSE in Narvik Black with £3k's worth of extras. Very impressed with the general fit and finish but didn't get to drive one. Local dealer has this HSE, a Tambora SE and a Grey HSE with the full whack body kit fitted (makes the F2 look like a new Mini from the rear and an RRS HST from the front!). Would definately buy one if
a) I didn't already have an RRS
b) If the TD4 had an autobox now!

An HSE with all the toys and extras would be getting seriously close to the price of a well specced D3 which makes it doubtful value for money for a "small" car! The Narvik HSE in the dealers showroom was only a couple of quids short of £34k!

Post #912 2nd Dec 2006 1:03 am
simon

United Kingdom 

Well I guess people buy small sports cars or hign end saloons / cabrios for the same price or more than a D3... so why not a Freelander 2 if it suits their lifestyle Shocked

Personally would stick with the D3 though Very Happy

Post #913 2nd Dec 2006 1:36 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Must admit though that it is still a huge improvement compared to the F1 TD4 GS Auto 5 Door that I owned a few years back, even without having had a test drive. I didn'tr bang my head on the door frame or have to drag my legs over a high sill! As mentioned elsewhere the boot is an improvement over the last version and I like the twin sunroofs that are standard on the HSE and SE versions, also like the 18" mini RRS S/C 5 split spoke alloys that were fitted to the HSE I saw, pity they don't supply it in the 19" as well!

Post #914 2nd Dec 2006 1:54 am
ej

England 

I suspect you are aware that there are 2 19" styled wheels available one of them was in an accesories brochure handed out a customer preview event and the other was on show in a shadow chrome finish.

Post #915 2nd Dec 2006 11:12 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1