« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > pct detachable towbars
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nick f

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
pct detachable towbars

Hi i`m in the process of buying a towbar and i wondered if anyone has had a pct detachable towbar fitted if so what do they think of them . As i`ve always had a fixed towbar on my previous two freelanders but as my freelander 2 has rear parking sensors i was wondering if a fixed towbar will interfere with the sensors when not towing. i`ve looked at the brink and westfalia detachable towbars but they require the bumper cutting and i don`t really want to be cutting the bumper but the pct one doesn`t require any bumper cuts i`ll be using a geniune landrover electrics kit. But not sure on twin sockets or 13 pin yet
i would be grateful for any advce .

Post #87363 10th Jan 2011 7:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad210358

England 

If you choose the Brink detachable which is the one LR use the bumper cut is minimal a square about 4 inches is cut in the rear valance hardly noticable but your 13 pin or 12n and 12s will draw attention to it. If you get a Brink detachable make sure it has 215 stamped on the ball as this is the latest one as their have been problems with them. Your parking sensors will not give either the fixed bar or detachable any problems.

Post #87371 10th Jan 2011 8:17 pm
Firestar

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Re: pct detachable towbars

nick f wrote:
But not sure on twin sockets or 13 pin yet
i would be grateful for any advce .

13 pin is standard on post 2008 caravans; before that it was 12N/12S. This may influence your choice? I went for 13 pin last time and adapted my older caravan with a 13-pin plug. I feel it is neater.

People say that the 12S can burn out pins on the fridge (high load) due to a poor design. The NTTA people who fitted my towbar said the 13-pins gave a similar amount of trouble.

PCT are a Sheffield firm so local to you, I believe.

Post #87712 12th Jan 2011 4:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1