Home > General > Milton Keynes - Chilterns
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black
Milton Keynes - Chilterns

Hi all

Got an experience day booked at Chilterns tomorrow (Wed afternoon) I just wondered what the roads and the M1 is like between Birmingham and Bedfordshire???

I don’t want to cancel it but I also don’t want to be stuck on the motorway for hours!!!

Any thoughts Question Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #85021 21st Dec 2010 4:39 pm
mjn51

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black

google bbc travel news

Post #85023 21st Dec 2010 4:42 pm
ad210358

England 

This morning it wasn't to bad, north of Milton Keynes the snow becomes less, the only problem on the M1 on the section I went J14 to J15 was areas of frozen snow and slush like cobble stones and pr&% trying to change lanes at suicidal speed Shocked Mind you the roundabout at J14 was not to clever for frozen snow.

Post #85046 21st Dec 2010 6:11 pm
Lookers Park Royal

I live about 5 miles from the Chilterns centre and would say that you will be fine providing we don't get any serious snow tonight.

Personally I would come off the M40 at Banbury and come down the A5 as it is far less of a 'cross-country' route and would only need you to cover 2 miles or so (max) off of a main dual-carrigeway.

James Thumbs Up

Post #85048 21st Dec 2010 6:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Brill thanks guys - I'm looking out for the forcast and the travel although insider knowledge is always better! I think we are in for more snow tonight (if you believe Mr Fish) so I guess I'll be playing it be ear in the morning...

Watch out James - might be a barmy black 07 in your area Exclamation Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #85065 21st Dec 2010 9:17 pm
pressureman

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Indus Silver

Spent last Friday afternoon at the Chilterns LR Experience and had a great time. The whole course was solid ice and snow, with no mud in which to play! However, was really impressed with how the FL2 handled everything thrown at it (on road tyres too). Must make a note to buy an auto next time. I see another thread has been talking about hill descent control and you get a chance to try all the combinations of gears and neutral to see which works. Trip home to Hampshire was mostly on untreated country roads at -5 to -7C with no complaint at all from the car. Even followed a taxi, who was doing only 20 mph (can you believe that), which show how bad the roads were, then realised we were pretty much on neat ice, so doubly impressed. Enjoy the afternoon.

Post #85092 21st Dec 2010 11:21 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1