« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Washer Jets - Are they broken
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
redmug

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey
Washer Jets - Are they broken

Yes. Before you state the obvious, it's cold and probably frozen.

However, strange thing is (as I think I've neat screenwash to stop it freezing if possible) when I put the front screen washers on I get a jet of water to the front screen.If I put the rear screen washer on, I still get the jets to the front screen. I get nother to the rear, nor do i get anything to the front lights. is this just a symptom of the fact the water has to go somewhere and so the line to the rear is probably just frozen up? '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
19" shadow chrome wheels
Lago Grey

Previously, '00 Freelander TD4 GS Manual

Post #84945 21st Dec 2010 12:56 am
mini-eggs

Wales 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Bali Blue

I've had the exact same thing. Just leave the car to warm up properly and give it time for all the nozzles to defrost and it will be fine, might need a few squirts of the screen wash to get the front / rear working properly but it will be fine.

Post #84953 21st Dec 2010 8:57 am
EYorkshire

You have one pump for all and non return valves (one way only) controlling front and back, if the ball in the valve is stuck due to the cold it could flow where it was not meant too. Should be OK when thawed.

Post #84955 21st Dec 2010 9:13 am
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey
TOP TIP,FROZEN WASHERS.

dont worry,should work by boxing day as thaw hopefully on its way Thumbs Up mine havent worked for the last 6 days,even with traveling to worcester on weekend,minus 15 sunday night Shocked Shocked ,i was traveling north on m5 and loads of cars pulling over to clear they screen,as salt/slush soon impair vision,TOP TIP,CARRY A BOTTLE OF WATER WITH A LITTLE SCREEN WASH IN IT,WHEN YOU STOP ,WINDOW DOWN ,ARM OUT AND POUR OVER SCREEN. MAKE SURE THAT THE YOUNG UNS KNOW NOT TO DRINK THIS MIND,SO JUST WATER WOULD BE A SAFE BET IF U GOT CHILDREN.WORKS A TREAT.COULD SAVE U HAVING A BUMP !I two have added a strong concentration of screen wash,but not a match in theses temp. Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #84981 21st Dec 2010 11:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1