« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Confidence
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Confidence

Even with a 4x4, we must drive appropriately and not like a tw Censored . Having said that, I recently went out and about as a passenger in my uncles VW Tiguan (4WD model) in the snow and as a passenger I did not feel the car had what it took to cope like the FL2 can. Even he admitted that although it got him about ok, he would not like to venture down a more challenging country lane or farm track covered in snow.

My point is that we as owners of the FL2 know what our cars are capable of and although most owners never go off road according to mags, its nice to have that confidence that it will get you there in sh Censored weather, confidence which is lacking in the rivals.

I bet you guys know exactly what I mean when you have headed out into the snow lately

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #84682 18th Dec 2010 7:43 pm
dunroof

Love the number plate. Is it Arabic?

Post #84684 18th Dec 2010 7:51 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

dunroof wrote:
Love the number plate. Is it Arabic?

Rolling with laughter LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #84685 18th Dec 2010 7:52 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

you dont call that snow Surprised thats just a dusting,i know what you mean,ive drove round today,having 12 to 14 inches of snow down,and live on and around many hills,its just awsome,snow/ice on the terrain response knob and away to go,it did take 40 mins off ideling to warm her up so the other doors could un-freze and get open Rolling Eyes i was thinking of the global warmming Yawn to get out of our estate its 2 hard lefts,all slightly uphill and a final 35 degree up hill slight right to main hill down to main rd,and its all a stroll for the fl2 Thumbs Up every one was out with shovels,puffing and panting,red faces,and they look at you drive passed as if i had 2 tits on my head,its so funny,any way got to go know,driving to take someone to teems emergancy clinc in the local hospital 5 miles away.hope im back buy midnight, Twisted Evil Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #84690 18th Dec 2010 8:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver
Re: Confidence

The Doctor wrote:
I bet you guys know exactly what I mean when you have headed out into the snow lately

:

Yes, I know exactley what you mean. Thumbs Up

Post #84691 18th Dec 2010 8:41 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Hey gilfishman

I know thats only a dusting, that was a small amount of snow we had in Derbyshire before the big fall that left 2-3ft of the stuff. I posted that pic purely as a nice posing shot for the FL2

The west has had the snow this time. Nothing here but a slight dusting and some hard frost but there might be a chance of a white christmas. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #84694 18th Dec 2010 8:47 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

doc.....no worrys,would love a white christmas,but would want enought snow that even a fl2 would render hopeless,so as long as the beer and food stock is high,i could close the door and not pick up the and see the outlaws Thumbs Up this is the down side of owning a fl2 Rolling with laughter Current: Freelander 2 GS, Orkney Grey, Factory fit privacy glass, design pack and Clearview pack. Almond Leather ,rear spoiler,rear mudflaps.my13.

Gone:Freelander 2, GS, "61"

Gone: Freelander 2, GS.e, "59"

Gone: Freelander 2, S, "08"

Post #84699 18th Dec 2010 9:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1