Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > I love my Freelander 2!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hunter1

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
I love my Freelander 2!

Hi

Just thought seen as so many people post regarding problems, I thought I would post to say how much I love mine!
I have had him 3 years now and he will be 4 years old next month.
I can't say the 3 years have been problem free (not too many) and he has his quirks but who hasn't Rolling Eyes
I can only say the past 3 years have been great, very enjoyable and he has come in to his own these past 2 winters!
As for changing can't think of anything I would change for, except maybe a Discovery 4 but too pricey at moment, may have to wait for Freelander 3 or just keep him for ever!
My Freelander 2 the best car I've had!

A Current 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Black 2016 Onwards
Previous 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Sumatra black 2007 - 2016 Gone but never forgotten!

Post #83153 5th Dec 2010 11:03 pm
andw

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

i had a range rover for a year and a half i have now had my freelander for 4 days it is spot on i think its great not only with the spec but fueling is great i hope to get a good few years out of it and lets face it no car is 100% and they all need tlc Thumbs Up

Post #83156 5th Dec 2010 11:32 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Good to have a positive thread at last Thumbs Up
Our Freely is just over 3-years old and is by far the best vehicle we have owned. The few minor problems which have been sorted under guarantee with no fuss from our dealer/service station. Also, the several initial design niggles I had over our previous drive (BMW) are long forgotten due to the sheer pleasure of driving Freely on road as well as that it performs perfectly off road. When used as a normal touring car it is extremely comfortable on long drives and reasonably economical. Thumbs Up

Some cosmetic details could have been better designed and service is more expensive than our earlier BMW, but that may be a quirk of owning a 4x4? The purchase price here in Norway is exceptionally high and unfortunately kills it as a serious competitor for similar sized 4x4’s sold here and makes it a rare vehicle to see. Because of this and the negative impression most non-owners of Land Rover have, may affect the resale price at the end of the day?
However if asked “Would I buy another” the answer would be defiantly a YES Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #83161 6th Dec 2010 8:53 am
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I think mine's great too. Had a few little niggles, but it's been my favourite car I've owned so far. I drive a 2009MY Disco 3 most days at work and I don't like it as much as the FL2 - too big and gutless for my liking Whistle I've also driven Defenders a lot and love them to bits (for what they are). I wasn't impressed by the RRS TDV8, other than the fantastic engine Very Happy I agree the Disco 4 is a temptation as it's got fat more power than the sluggish D3 and has the low range box, plus a massive boot.

In summary - the FL2 is a great all rounder, until I can buy a real Range Rover TDV8. That's never gonna happen though Big Cry

As Andy C stated - good to see a positive thread. Enjoy Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #83178 6th Dec 2010 12:24 pm
snappa

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Buckingham Blue

I think most folk on here who have had problems are realistic enough to realise vehicles do go wrong sometimes.

For most it seems to be the way LR or dealers have dealt with the problem when it arises that causes the grief.

I had a few problems but mine has been great now for quite a while and even though it's over 3 years old I am going to keep it for at least 5 years if no major problems occur *touches wood*
Thumbs Up

Post #83179 6th Dec 2010 12:31 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I love my freelander2.....

I know it can go places that I never would have gone in my previous cars and that in itself makes we want to drive it
I like all the toys, heated electric leather and a sun roof a must - oh and the Sat Nav is pretty good for a built in unit as well
I like how easy it is to drive and how comfortable it is
I like how I can get all my kids in the back (x3) in comfort and still have a boot I can fit a weeks luggage without having to drive some obscene huge MPV thing
I like its refinement
I like the fact the kids and the wife like it!! (partly to do with rear DVD's)
I love the fact it sort of becomes part of the family and its very utilitarian and so I dont worry if it gets dirty etc
and I dont mind the fuel consumption

I do worry probably more than I should do when I hear something or something pops up on the dash but so far (touch wood) so good.
I dont like that lack of cubby box in the centre console
I don't love the green dials
Why they did not make the rear 12v socket switched is beyond me
and I am not sure I love it more than my 330i - but is comparable, in a different sort of way!

So all in all I'm a happy bunny for now!! and I've never thought I'd say this but I can conceivably see myself buying another LandRover (or RangeRover) in the future and moving away from my beloved BMW... Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #83212 6th Dec 2010 3:59 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Why they did not make the rear 12v socket switched is beyond me

Maybe thay made it like that for people like me Very Happy
For the main reason I use the 12V supply to connect to the cool box when travelling and if I turn of the motor for a break it also turns off the supply to the box which reduces the chance of draining the battery. However as I dont have one in the boot I have to use the front one (and not the rear one) between the front seats Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #83235 6th Dec 2010 5:59 pm
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Never mind about the aux socket - its still a great car Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Last edited by Captain Worm on 8th Dec 2010 10:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #83236 6th Dec 2010 6:14 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

How good to read some positive comments.
I too love my FL2. I had a niggle when i first bought it but since then 20k and no probs to speak of.
Some things i like and some things i don't like; but you do get 'King of The Road' feeling which is wonderful.
I thought i might change next year, but i'm gonna wait for Freelander 3 (please don't call it that) or whatever L/R call it.

Bloody great car, i love it too bits.
Made in the UK to boot.
And i'm gonna get another one Thumbs Up

Post #83468 8th Dec 2010 2:30 am
Tandemman

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Rimini Red

I'm on my second one and will be buying another one next year they just don't have a competitor.

Post #83469 8th Dec 2010 7:42 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Me too, fantastic car even with the occasional niggle. Thumbs Up And after spending the week in Yorkshire with all the snow, I couldn't wish for a more capable car.

Post #83487 8th Dec 2010 11:15 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

and I've ordered my 2nd due April next year Thumbs Up Now - 2017 BMW X3 M Sport Carbon Black
Gone - 2014 BMW X3 M Sport Space Grey, faultless!
Gone - 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Bali Blue with xenons
Gone - 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Rimini Red with bodykit

Post #83581 8th Dec 2010 10:31 pm
jp

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I must say after almost 2 years 20,000 miles, 2 bad winters I'm not getting bored driving my FL2 Yet.
Which is a good thing with all the ferrying around I have been doing 2 weeks (I have spent 6.5 hrs driving in the car today) I just think it's great, it dose everything I ask from it and more. Bow down Bow down
And I love the feeling driving pasting all the other 2wd car in the snow Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I do stop help them if it's needed !!

Post #83584 8th Dec 2010 10:43 pm
Dunk

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand

I maintain that my FL2 is one of the best cars i've had even though it's awaiting a rear diff', when all is said and done the things i've been told by LR of late make me wonder if they have the brain cells needed to put one foot in front of the other....they seem well adapted to putting one in their mouth, that's for sure. When I eventually get the french built recon' unit Rolling Eyes over here and in situ' i'm sure my biterness will fade a little. Still smarting over certain things but when all is said and done it is a great car. People don't like hearing of problems, I tended not to bother reading about them myself but what I would suggest is this....if you have a problem bumbling away get it sorted in good time and don't let them fob you off, as they surely will given enough trust Thumbs Up

Post #83606 9th Dec 2010 12:33 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1