« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Strange Smell
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
madmac

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black
Strange Smell

Hi guys hoping someone on here may have an answer. In the last week that we have all had snow I am finding that when I select GGS my F2 takes it all in it's stride but with a really strange smell coming into the cabin when the vechile is working hard through the snow. It's not a clutch smell or an overheating brake type smell just a horrible odour. It was suggested to me that it could be as it's only 3 month old it could just be the newness burning off all the working parts ...... Anyone any thoughts as all seems to be working fine Confused

Post #82806 3rd Dec 2010 4:47 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If it doesn't go away after a few trips I'd have it looked at, but it's not unusual to have funny smells on new stuff. Ours did it when I towed with it when it was 3 or 4 months old, and my 2 year old motorbike wreaks when it gets wet still in the same way it did when it was brand new! Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #82820 3rd Dec 2010 6:15 pm
madmac

Scotland 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Thanks for the reply Big Dave, I may well have it checked out as it needs to go in anyway as the airbag warning light keeps coming on, the red one in the centre of the dials, bloody annoying at night a red glow in your face.
This only seems to happen when it's really cold. Confused

Post #82827 3rd Dec 2010 6:43 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Bad connection by the sounds of it...but ye definately best to have safety stuff looked at. Good luck with getting a quick fix Thumbs Up Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #82849 3rd Dec 2010 8:39 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Strange Smell

madmac wrote:
Hi guys hoping someone on here may have an answer. In the last week that we have all had snow I am finding that when I select GGS my F2 takes it all in it's stride but with a really strange smell coming into the cabin when the vechile is working hard through the snow. It's not a clutch smell or an overheating brake type smell just a horrible odour. It was suggested to me that it could be as it's only 3 month old it could just be the newness burning off all the working parts ...... Anyone any thoughts as all seems to be working fine Confused

I briefly had this today whilst playing in the snow & the orange triangle came on but I was spinning the wheels a bit. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #82875 3rd Dec 2010 10:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1