« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Play to your strengths: Speed Bumps & Pot holes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Play to your strengths: Speed Bumps & Pot holes

Really funny incident today guys. I was cruising down a main road in 30 zone when a knobhead in a beefed up peugeot 206 gti came screeching out of a side street. It was all lowered with full bodykit that looked hideous and he came flying up behind at about 60! He continued to tailgate me as we both went down a side street and encountered some speed bumps. I cruised over them with ease and laughed as he had to slow down to 1mph! Laughing

I then (on purpose) drove over a very large pot hole as he accelerated after the speed bump and of course he did not see the pot hole Mr. Green

I haven't laughed so much in ages. The noise was hillarious. It sounded like he had ripped the bottom of his car off! Rolling with laughter Might be a fast-ish car that will burn past the FL2 normally but he was on my turf and lost badly (All done at sub 25mph) Thumbs Up

Isn't it nice guys to not fear pot holes or bad weather or speed bumps or tailgaters (the list goes on). Fellow forum member W.D.C.A.P.H sums it up nicely. LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #79602 31st Oct 2010 3:27 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

A few car like that round my way Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #79603 31st Oct 2010 3:44 pm
Northsea Medic

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Reminds me of an incident a few years back when I was driving back to my parents in my lightweight with a ford V6 – cracking toy… Anyway, I was about five miles from my parents when a car full of dicks cut me up. I flashed them and then a stupid game started with them tail gating, cutting me up and trying to push me off the road.
Not wanting to get in a confrontation and certainly not wanting to lead them back to my parent’s place I took a scenic route. This lightweight could really fly so I pushed on with a little haste and then turned down a track that I knew. The beauty of this track was that it was a good tarmac road which then turned into a muddy bog very suddenly. I slowed down until they were right behind me again and then floored it as I hit the mud. After about fifty yards I stopped, dropped it into low range and trundled of with a cheery wave.
I’ve absolutely no idea how or when they got out of the mud but they were well and truly stuck when I left…

Post #79605 31st Oct 2010 4:07 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter Bow down Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #79610 31st Oct 2010 5:15 pm
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I drive a Leon now but the odd occasion I now borrow the FL off my mum I almost look for these situations.

About a month back, we went on a track day, and I towed one of the cars, on a trailer obviously. 6 o clock, sunday morning, 3 of us in the car, a full boot and a loaded trailer with a track car and spares. As we were heading to the motorway, the 2 other towing cars I was following crossed a mini roundabout. 4 chav's in a 'I'm not sure what sack of S Censored t it was' came onto the roundabout, so I slowed, plenty to let them get out in between us, but I didn't stop to try and keep a bit of momentum going.

They stopped in the middle of the roundabout and proceeded to give us the friendly 'wave' that only 4 chavs high as kites in an empty asda car park at 6am on a sunday morning would give. Eventually we carried on with them in front.

The funny part came as we were getting on the motorway following these kids, still giving grief, i put my foot down, pulled out and breezed past, uphill on the slip road, towing and fully loaded...and the little runts didn't have an answer!

They only caught us when I caught the other lads we were with and backed off down to 'normal' speeds! Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #79629 1st Nov 2010 12:00 am
W.D.C.A.P.H.

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Stornoway Grey

I salute you in your war against the chav-scum Thumbs Up

P.S. Thanks for the compliment mate. We Don't Care About Pot Holes !!

Post #79632 1st Nov 2010 5:05 am
Ticktock

I'd be the first to say don't taske them on, but the temptation is there.

A busy Saturday morning a few weeks ago, a dual carriageway coming to a roundabout. Me doing my usual 70mph on the nearside lane on the approach, a car full of Chavs in a Peugot 206, you know the red one with go faster strips, drawing level in the outside lane, all the Muppets, dressed in white Addidas, grinning like Cheshire Cats, then the Baseball Cap of the driver gets turned round the 'wrong' way, obviously he was meaning business.

I endulged. To my shame, I played the Chicken Game, 300 meter coundown marker to the roundabout passed, then the 200 meter ones. The Chavs were looking a bit nervous by now, especially approaching the 100 meter marker, but pride was floating their boat, they wern't about to give up without a fight!

Finally I slapped the anchors on, but not too much, enough to take the roundabout at a speed the Star Ship Enterprise on Warp Drive would have been proud of. The Chavs car was slewing across the outside lane at this point and the look of panic was priceless. Their arse cheeks must have been biting into the seats big time, probably leaving visable marks of some description.

Then the driver faught with anxiety and physically fighting the severe speed combined with turn, lost it, the car did a 180 degree, facing the way it came and ended up in the bushes, stalling on the roundabout for all and sundry to see. Their faces were a picture. Not good for what little street cred they had left.

I had to stop in the next lay by and cried with laughter.

Post #79637 1st Nov 2010 10:52 am
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Rolling with laughter Good reading for the start of the week. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #79639 1st Nov 2010 11:13 am
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Quote:

I would have been tempted to do one more lap of the roundabout and wave at them as I drove past Laughing

Reminds me of last winter in the FL1. Even with 4WD I was taking it steady in the snow on the A38 but Mr BMW 3-series had to overtake before the exit slip road and I could tell he was well pleased with his 'victory'. The only problem for him was that the A38 was clear-ish and the side roads were not. The snow began to fall heavier and on the side street he lost it, skidded into the kerb and then his car wouldn't move. I duly waved and laughed at him as I drove past Laughing

Try this link guys:  LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #79682 1st Nov 2010 7:30 pm
charliefoxtrot999

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2010 HSE Galway Green auto GONE

Post #79688 1st Nov 2010 8:26 pm
Ticktock

Bless them, they didn't mean any harm. The tempation to do a victory lap was only eclipsed by my wife telling me not to play silly Censored with Chavs. Evidently, they wern't worth it.

Funny thing is a few weeks before that, I was travelling onto a rounadbout accessing the dual carriageway, northbound, you know one of these joining roads, which are in themselves dual carriageways, but taper down to one lane just prior to the actual dual carriageway, when I got overtaken by a Vauxhall Corsa in white, lowered suspension, fandango wheels, baked bean can exhaust. Chav driver and front seat passenger and one riding shotgun in the middle of the rear seat leaning over the other two. Three heads are better than one when calculating the combined IQ I suppose.

Anyway, as we all know LR's are crap for acceleration despite my obvious will and prayers to the contrary, so the intrepid trio overtook me with no particular trouble, the front seat passenger and the one riding shotgun turned round to have a right good laugh and sneer, much to my annoyance. The driver also attempted a half turn to gloat. Unfortunately, he didn't see the traffic had piled up on the dual carriageway in front of them, something to do with rush hour and a very busy roundabout also known as Chavs 180 Roundabout now.

Have you ever seen someone smash into a stationary car at 60mph. It's a sight to behold, especially when it pushes the car they have hit in to the next and so on like Newtons Balls. You'd have to pay good money for such amusement.

Fortunately no one was hurt, apart from the Chavs pride and despite all, I was able to get past and on my way. I did see the driver, his face drained of all blood and his mates. They were getting out to have a look at all the devastation they had caused and maybe there was some safety in numbers, as various drivers of damaged vehicles were walking en mass to meet them. God knows how that turned out!

Post #79700 1st Nov 2010 10:35 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Quote:
as we all know LR's are crap for acceleration

I wonder how the chavs would cope against a supercharged V8 RRS or the Overfinch version Laughing

P.S, in rush hour traffic once, where 2 lanes merge, a clio chav was determined not to let me in and kept closing the gap on the van in front. I was victorious however because I was in front and edging in from the angle as the road markings suggested. Any impact would have been his fault plus the FL2 loomed over his Censored chav car and any impact would merely have scratched the black plastic on the underside of the FL2 rather than the bodywork.

FL2 1 - 0 Chavs LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby

Post #79702 1st Nov 2010 11:14 pm
psyxologos

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

The Doctor wrote:
Quote:

I would have been tempted to do one more lap of the roundabout and wave at them as I drove past Laughing

Reminds me of last winter in the FL1. Even with 4WD I was taking it steady in the snow on the A38 but Mr BMW 3-series had to overtake before the exit slip road and I could tell he was well pleased with his 'victory'. The only problem for him was that the A38 was clear-ish and the side roads were not. The snow began to fall heavier and on the side street he lost it, skidded into the kerb and then his car wouldn't move. I duly waved and laughed at him as I drove past Laughing

Try this link guys:

I Know what you mean. I own a 330 coupe as well as the Freelander 2 and last year with the snow my BMW would not move from the driveway. Really good fun on an empty carpark with some ice when I did manage to get it off the driveway though... Smile

Post #79710 2nd Nov 2010 2:15 am
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I practically stored my 330i for a month in the bad snow last year - just was not worth it...

Still it made a great noise and went like stink in the dry and was fairly entertaining in the wet Thumbs Up

Incidentally how do all you FL2 drivers attract chavs on a mission? How does a tarted up clio with baked bean can even compare to an FL2? Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #79715 2nd Nov 2010 11:40 am
Big Dave

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The FL2 was plenty of fun in the snow...especially when it was nearly a foot deep in my local pub car park!

Another example I've remembered in the snow...same story, chav and chavette in a chavtastic chavmobile, up my trumpet so I decided to let them past as they would never stop if I did, and I wasn't hanging about in the first place! Again the friendly wave of smugness...

Got to a small dual carriageway section approaching my town with a red light. They pulled up in the left lane that had been cleared, I pulled up in the outer lane that had 4-5 inches of snow in it. When the lights changed...I floored it, TR and whatnot set me off without any drama, whilst they were there wheelspinning not getting anywhere.

Apparently because of global warming britain will be like it was last winter every winter...bring it on i say Thumbs Up Mine: 2012 Golf GTI Edition 35
Family's: 2009 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Auto, Stornoway

Yorkshire - God's County

Post #79717 2nd Nov 2010 12:18 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>