Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Hello! Long time no post and FL2 wanted!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Boolia

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black
Hello! Long time no post and FL2 wanted!

Well chaps and chapesses, been a very rubbish year so far for me.... Hubby had a cardiac arrest on Feb 28th this year and very nearly died...totally out of the blue, was very fit and healthy before.... so hes been in and out if hospoital soooo many times and still isnt that well... he may need a heart transplant in the not too distant future... he's only 34 Sad

As winter is approaching I need to buy a FL2 as we live on a country road and I need to know that I can get him to the hospital in the car if needed and our current Audi won't cut the mustard if the snow is as bad as last year.

I need something that is in warranty and am looking for the newer XS spec with Sat Nav and sensors etc... possible an 09/59 and has to be black! Don't want to be ripped off as neither of us are working (Andy had resigned and was about to start a new job when he had his arrest ) and had enough stress for one year!

Any ideas?

Post #77117 28th Sep 2010 9:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Shocked bad year that's a understatement Shocked

Obviously you'll know to check the dealers in the area and checkin with your requirements with the sponsors, maybe sponsors over on Disco3 and Kam on RRSport Too Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77124 28th Sep 2010 9:58 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Some haven't, but I give nothing but praise for F****lls in our area Boolia, all three work from the same 'for sale' list so use your dealer most local. There is of course LPR 'Daan Landan' who constantly give advice on here, maybe a weekend away in the smog, travel by train to keep things relaxed, see the sights etc....maybe even order a car and pick up a couple of weeks later. Thumbs Up

Post #77131 28th Sep 2010 10:40 pm
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Hi Boolia - Welcome back - soory to hear about your bad news. hope things improve.
I can only mirror McP's comments on F*rn***s - I've bought from thm the last two times.
They tell me that they are the biggest and busiest dealer in the UK and I guess that they must have access to quite a few SH FL2 as well. I know their Guisely branch has quite a few parkd outside. They have advertised that they are moving their Bradford branch to a large Ex VW showroom on Canal Road in Bradford so things must be looking up.
Give them (and James at LPR) a call. There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #77133 28th Sep 2010 10:56 pm
Blue

United Kingdom 

Hi Boolia, sounds like a terrible year, hope the next one is better.

This may not be a popular suggestion, but if the Audi is Quattro could you not just fit a set of winter tyres and save yourself the cost of changing to a Freelander? An Audi on winter tyres (even a FWD one) would be more or less unstoppable unless the snow was exceptionally bad.

I've got a set for my Z4 and certainly won't be getting stuck this year if the other owner's experiences are anything to go by from the Z4 Forum, some of them live in Scotland and had no problems last winter thanks to the winter rubber. Blue

Post #77141 29th Sep 2010 1:03 am
Boolia

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi all... Many thanks for the good wishes... Always lived this and the RRS forums! We have an A3 at the mo so not sure if the winter tyres thing is a goer! Will definitely call Guiseley... Thanks all! Another day at the hospital beckons Sad

Post #77147 29th Sep 2010 9:05 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Farnells (you can say Farnells you lott Laughing ) at Leeds Central is my servicing dealer, if there sales are as good as the servicing side might be worth calling them aswell as the others

BTW hows the youngster doing? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77150 29th Sep 2010 9:37 am
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Pity you only want black as I am tempted to sell mine! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #77186 29th Sep 2010 2:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Blue

United Kingdom 

Boolia wrote:
Hi all... Many thanks for the good wishes... Always lived this and the RRS forums! We have an A3 at the mo so not sure if the winter tyres thing is a goer! Will definitely call Guiseley... Thanks all! Another day at the hospital beckons Sad

I'll report back in after the winter, if they keep my Z4 moving through the white stuff then I'm sure they'll work on an A3, will probably be a bit late by then though!! Blue

Post #77318 30th Sep 2010 7:59 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1