« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Nokia 6700 Mystery.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Nokia 6700 Mystery.

I upgraded in June to a Nokia 6700 & about 2 to 3 weeks after I got it I noticed it behaving oddly (perhaps) Maybe someone can tell me whether it is normal for this to happen or not!

As on presumably all mobile phones there is a green button on the left & in the case of current Nokia phones is the call log as in made,recieved & missed. I believe I am right in assuming the first call in the list is the most recent & the call at the end of the list is the least recent!!

Anyway after a couple of weeks the log jumbled up some of the calls so they wern't in date & time order = most odd. Also on a couple of occasions I went to call a number & pressed the green button to scroll through the log list to find the number had vanished then out of the blue a "NO NUMBER" appears in the list as a dialled call with no time or date - how can you call a no number?

I sent the upgrade back after about 3 to 4 weekes & they sent a replacement which I found out is a recon unit (replacements are apparently). Anyway within a week this started doing the same so I called T-Mobile & said these phones are crap so they agreed to send me another brand new one which I started to use last week (the other is still with me ready to send back lol).
I have had constant issues with the bluetooth integrated system in my new Freelander 2 in as much as it is antiquated rubbish resulting in me aborting most calls to either call back on a landline or when I am away from the car. The Freelander was booked in at a dealer for another survey of the system yesterday & whilst the driver was giving me a lift back I was telling him about the Nokia. I also said that this is the 3rd one of these phones I had had but this ones seems to be OK with the bluetooth leaning me to think that there wasn't a problem with the car & more a problem with the phone as this one was behaving normally.

(Famous Last Words - Literally). When I got indoors I went to call a number to find that I had not 1 but 2 dialed calls as "NO NUMBER" & the call from Landrover administration to see how I was getting on had vanished. Later yesterday it had deleted one of the NO NUMBERs then it re-appeared but they were not together. Then later a call came in & I answered it so I thaught only according to the phone I didn't so I rang the number but a few minutes later the number was not there.
I rang T-Mobile again last night & they said we will do a re-boot by removing the battery while the phone is off & this may take 24 hours. 24 hors later & is still the same.

Question is - is this normal or is someone upstairs telling me that I am not supposed to have a Nokia 6700? Or could the car bluetooth system be playing tricks with the phone?
P.S. Sorry for long post...................... (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #76149 16th Sep 2010 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1