« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Smell of Diesel / Fuel Leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Freddy

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver
Smell of Diesel / Fuel Leak

Just thought I report on an issue that has cropped up.

”Mrs Freddy” has been saying that she has been getting a smell of diesel every so often when she sits into the car before setting off, or under certain driving conditions. (It's her car, so I wouldn't be driving it much)

So I dropped our Freelander into the dealer today for investigation & they’ve come back saying that they found a fuel leak at the end of the fuel rail, where there’s a sensor located. The diesel was gathering on the top of the engine, which is why we hadn’t noticed a drop of fuel under the vehicle.

At this time they are not sure if the leak is from the sensor or the O ring / gasket of the sensor, but have ordered up the various parts & will replace everything when the parts come in.

Which could be tomorrow if the parts are in stock, or as seems to be the case with FL2 parts, they might take some time to come in, as many parts are on back order.

I’ll update later with the exact cause, when I know more. “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #7541 27th Sep 2007 3:33 pm
Freddy

Ireland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Zermatt Silver

Update………..

”Freddy Freelander” is home from the dealer.

There was a pin hole in the fuel rail !!!!

Originally they thought, as I said yesterday, that the fuel leak was from around the fuel pressure sensor.

But to be sure, they had ordered a new fuel rail along with a sensor & O ring. Thumbs Up

So on strip down this morning, they found a pin hole leak in the fuel rail itself.

Quite an unusual fault really which has been passed onto LR.

But all is well that ends well. “You feel uneasy, as the mad scientist locks the door behind you & dissolves the key in a vat of Acid”

Post #7593 28th Sep 2007 12:01 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1