« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Phones connections again this time the HTC HD2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red
Phones connections again this time the HTC HD2

Just got my new phone last week. Connected easily enough and worked really well but then had some other connections issues with PC so had to undo some settings. After doing this the phone whilst syncing with the car cannot function with the bluetooth. Have ditched the connection from the car and re-established but the problem persists anybody got any ideas? Simon

2007 Freelander 2 Rimini Red HSE Auto
(Daily Driver)
1991 Range Rover CSK No. 98
(Toy)

Post #72363 19th Jul 2010 8:54 pm
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Turn the settings back on that you turned off is where i would start. Then try turning off the data link on the phone before connecting to the cars system. Thumbs Up

Post #72386 19th Jul 2010 11:06 pm
Stompy

United Kingdom 

bluetooth functionality on HTC's is Censored

Post #72447 20th Jul 2010 7:26 pm
psyxologos

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I have an HTC desire and it works great. You know what? Make sure you make the phone 'discoverable' (i.e visible) to the car, and of course they have to be 'paired'. See how this works.

Post #72561 22nd Jul 2010 1:35 am
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Just had a look at the specs and see that the phone has Windows Mobile as the OS. I had loads of issues with my HP WM device as there is something odd with the Bluetooth profile and Windows mobile. It would connect to certain devices and not to others. Spent ages looking for solutions that involved resetting bluetooth stacks etc.etc.

For some unknown reason, Bluetooth which is an industry standard, gets completely cocked by certain companies.

Check the bluetooth profiles on the phone. You need to be sure that the Handsfree profile is on and also that the (apologies if this is wrong) something like the OBDC? profile is on. Basically one lets you talk (handsfree) the other lets the device send data to the car. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #72574 22nd Jul 2010 8:34 am
Simon CSK

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Rimini Red

Spent some time in and out of the car yesterday and after Lmorris suggested I turned off the wifi and it works, intermittently. The phone for some reason works really well sometimes with the wifi off and sometimes with the wifi switched on. It is to say the least bizarre. When it doesn't work I can make the call and get connection but the streo does not turn off and I cannot hear anything from the phone either through the car or through the ear piece. My wife had 7 missed calls where I tried repeatedly to call her yet when she called me back I the car did not recognise the phone and I had to use the ear piece despite the car being synced.
Any more ideas or is WM and the FL2 connection just C Censored P Simon

2007 Freelander 2 Rimini Red HSE Auto
(Daily Driver)
1991 Range Rover CSK No. 98
(Toy)

Post #72619 23rd Jul 2010 8:08 am
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi the problem is the phone not the car, the phone hardware or OS can not handle being connected via bluetooth to the cars system and having the data link on as well, thats why it will make the calls and then cut them off because it cant cope with two things at once. Just turn the data link off on the phone each time you get into the car and it will all work fine. Thumbs Up

Post #72625 23rd Jul 2010 12:00 pm
pfjths

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

The issue with the data link is quite correct. Down to the Widcom Bluetooth stack being used rather than the Microsoft one in order for HTC to save a few pennies. HTC will not recognose this despite one of their main dealers in the UK discussing with them.

There is a series of registery hacks you can use. Reliable connections but brings with it issues of what is transfered across the BT link e.g. no call lists etc.

The following link is not related to the HTC but does work on the Widcom equipped HTCs

http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/moto-q-9...833-4.html

Post #72647 23rd Jul 2010 8:28 pm
Stompy

United Kingdom 

psyxologos wrote:
I have an HTC desire and it works great. You know what? Make sure you make the phone 'discoverable' (i.e visible) to the car, and of course they have to be 'paired'. See how this works.

Can you get your phonebook? Shocked

Post #72648 23rd Jul 2010 10:05 pm
pfjths

England 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Its a while since I did it, but I think I let the HD2 sync without the hack in place then turned off the phonebook sync on the FL2, editied it to the numbers I need to hand then applied the hack.

To make it simpler I have a reg editor and I've kept the origional reg as an image so I can swap in an out easily. Clearly if you add new apps you need to keep an image of the latest hacked version so you don't disable them when you've updated the phonebook.

My previous Touch Pro 2 was not quite so picky over the phonebook, but still required the reg hack

Post #72656 24th Jul 2010 7:39 am
psyxologos

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Stompy wrote:
psyxologos wrote:

Can you get your phonebook? Shocked

yes. No problems at all

Post #72696 25th Jul 2010 4:22 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1