Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Walnut veneer fascia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lookers Park Royal

Ian M wrote:
I'm not totally sure, but I think that HSE wood is slightly different to the accessory kit i.e in colour and texture, probably not as shiny either and the HSE might not have the gear lever surround bit; what I'm trying to say is that the kit is not the same as the factory fitted wood.

Ian, correct, the factory wood is a strip along the dash board! Thumbs Up The wood is not dark laurel as opposed to walnut and is called 'wood effect'.

James Thumbs Up

Post #63986 18th Mar 2010 3:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Junior

England 

James,
Is it the aftermarket kit actually wood veneer? or plastic? I'm interested in adding a bit of class to my interior and this will match my beaded seat cover which are walnut Thumbs Up

Post #64000 18th Mar 2010 7:51 pm
The Road Toad

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Narvik Black

Have got them fitted - very straight forward with a bit of care - and although I think they are plastic, they look superb with the cream alpaca leather.
Have not posted pictures because if you look at Ian M's gallery in his post, in this thread, you will see the identical items. Tattoos - Why would you choose to look like the wall of a public toilet?

Post #65203 30th Mar 2010 11:29 pm
smellee

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Do you have to remove the old trim?

Post #67322 26th Apr 2010 10:57 pm
The Road Toad

No. they fit snugly over the existing trim so it is really easy.

They are supplied with cleaning wipes to thoroughly remove any grease, dirt or polish residue from the existing trim and then it is just a simple peel off the sticky pad covers and position.

My kit was for a LH & RH drive so there were 2 glove box side trims but it was easy to establish the correct one.

We are really pleased with the end result.

There are some cheap fascia kits about but they are much more 'fussy'. Tattoos - Why would you choose to look like the wall of a public toilet?

Post #67379 27th Apr 2010 9:20 pm
lypsyl

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Alaska White

Any good pics of these fitted???? I know

Post #67780 4th May 2010 7:09 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I have the kit fitted, will take a picture (if I remember tomorrow). (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #67786 4th May 2010 9:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
xxtrail

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

I too have purchased and fitted the pukka LR part from 4X4partsdirect for £80 free delivery. Very pleased with the result on my Tundra top/Alpaca lower dash. It is plastic, but really does the job and is much better than the LR dealer price of £400 for the same thing - who in their right mind would pay that! The finish is superb but I guess there is only a fiver's worth of plastic in it! Very Happy

A word of warning on the 3M prep sachets for the above. Make sure you don't stray onto your surrounding black plastic trim with the wipe as it will mark the surface! Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #69324 26th May 2010 10:29 pm
The Road Toad

Yes, they are plastic, but really look the part!
Regarding the ,marking, caused by the cleaning liquid I have found that methylated spirits nearly always removes this residue. Also very good at removing feltip pen as well. Tattoos - Why would you choose to look like the wall of a public toilet?

Post #69336 27th May 2010 8:11 am
xxtrail

The Road Toad wrote

Quote:
Regarding the ,marking, caused by the cleaning liquid I have found that methylated spirits nearly always removes this residue.

Brilliant Road Toad Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Your Meths solution worked like magic!!! I'd have thought it would mark the plastic in its own way, but everything is as new. Bow down Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #69462 28th May 2010 6:00 pm
Ian

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Ipanema Sand

I have a Walnut Veneer Fascia kit LR002462 for sale. See For Sale and Wanted.

Ian 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4.Zermatt Silver,Privacy glass,Bi-Xenon headlights........Gone!

2011 SD4 HSE Ipanema Sand, Privacy Glass, Windsor Leather.

Post #70917 21st Jun 2010 1:28 pm
EXPENCELANDER

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have fitted 3 kits up to date, all from WOOD -DASH -TRIMS (USA) via e-bay superb product with at least half a dozen wood grain types + metal.
Essential to clean the area weel first then warm the product with a Hair Dryer or hot air gun (it sticks better).

Post #82114 28th Nov 2010 5:49 pm
xxtrail

Hi,

Back in 2010 I purchased and fitted the LR002462 Walnut Trim kit and it really lifted the interior. I recently traded my FL2 GS and left the instructions for fitting the trim in the car details that I handed over.

Does anybody have a copy of the instructions please, as I still have the 'spare' glovebox surround trim, and want to make sure it's what I think it is.

With mine being a GS there was no finisher so the trim I fitted just glued directly. I believe the 'spare' piece is one intended for fitting 'OVER' the existing finisher on XS and above, but would like to confirm this.

Needless to say, if anybody wants this, as new (unused), piece of trim to cover a damaged finisher, Im sure we could come to an arrangement. Was GS TD4 Auto, Privacy, Santorini with Tundra & Alpaca, Cold Climate Pack. Traded for Discovery Sport HSE Auto.

Post #272521 12th Aug 2015 2:20 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12