« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Nightmare in Tesco's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey
Nightmare in Tesco's

Sat waiting in the car at Tesco's yesterday whilst Sue exchanged some vouchers for food/wine.I refused to leave the car in case some numpty Tesco shopper used the car to brake their trolley - anyway on with the story.

Bloke turns up in a 59 plate Jag and calls over the Romanian car wash team to do the business while he went shopping. Up turn the 3 lads with their converted shopping trolley and, with hardly any water, sponge down the car with a shampoo and rinse with just one half bucket of water before drying of with a look a like chamois. I could almost hear the scratching noise. In less than 5 mins job done.

Even though the sun wasn't shining you could see the swirl marks. Cost a cool £10 to cause about £300's worth of corrective paint damage.

The fat Jag driving git didn't even notice.

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #70074 6th Jun 2010 11:39 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Some people are just not bothered Sad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #70080 6th Jun 2010 12:14 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

These cheap car wahes are having a severe effect on me & the likes of but believe it or not it is a struggle to convince people that these places are crap.
Given the guy was driving a 59 reg jag or any new/newish car one would assume he/they would have enough common sense to be able to earn the money to buy the car in the first place Rolling Eyes

I wonder if he polishes the dining table with a Brillo Pad & what his answer would be if that was sugested? (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #70095 6th Jun 2010 1:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Better to suffer that nightmare than actually go into the store , I was in York Tescos about 2 hours ago the affects will trouble me all day Evil or Very Mad At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #70096 6th Jun 2010 1:47 pm
tenet

chicken george wrote:
Better to suffer that nightmare than actually go into the store , I was in York Tescos about 2 hours ago the affects will trouble me all day Evil or Very Mad

It was just the fact that we had a £10 off if you spent £60 ticket that lured us into Tesco. It really is a parallel universe, even down here in the posh Cotswolds - normally we shop at Waitrose don't you know Whistle Whistle MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #70108 6th Jun 2010 3:41 pm
ad210358

England 

Executive Valeter wrote:
These cheap car wahes are having a severe effect on me & the likes of but believe it or not it is a struggle to convince people that these places are crap.
Given the guy was driving a 59 reg jag or any new/newish car one would assume he/they would have enough common sense to be able to earn the money to buy the car in the first place Rolling Eyes

I wonder if he polishes the dining table with a Brillo Pad & what his answer would be if that was sugested?

Next new growth business paint work renovation. p****d off with a Digital Keyboard Warrior

Post #70124 6th Jun 2010 7:59 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

probably a company car...........

there is an Asda up here in Glasgow where the kids wash ( and I use this term very loosely !! ) your car when you are in the store and demand a fiver on your return.

needless to say they pick the car and owner carefully to be sure of their payment.

there is also a cinema car park where the kids ask to watch ( not wash ) your car for you for a pound..........
how could you refuse !!

Iain

Post #70128 6th Jun 2010 8:19 pm
Natwest

United Kingdom 

Hi Tenet,
Would this happen to be the Tesco's in Stow? Must admit that whilst popping over the other day (with this being my local) the lazy so&so in me was tempted, but in light of what you say I'm definately going to do it myself later on in the week!

Out of curiosity, was it an A*59 reg Jag? It's where most JLR company cars are registered and a number of Gaydon types live in these parts.

Post #70134 6th Jun 2010 10:44 pm
tenet

Natwest wrote:
Hi Tenet,
Would this happen to be the Tesco's in Stow? Must admit that whilst popping over the other day (with this being my local) the lazy so&so in me was tempted, but in light of what you say I'm definately going to do it myself later on in the week!

Out of curiosity, was it an A*59 reg Jag? It's where most JLR company cars are registered and a number of Gaydon types live in these parts.

Hi NatWest - It was the one in Stroud - can only recall it being a 59 plate. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

Post #70142 7th Jun 2010 7:57 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1