Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Our SE Hi ICE Alpine audio system.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
matteo

Italy 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey
Our SE Hi ICE Alpine audio system.

Does anybody has a clear idea of the connections of our Alpine audio System? I have mounted an original SatNav
system as well. Somewhere I have read that we have installed and Apline audio system. It looks like Disco3 system. If it is like that it is very interesting because there are an ocean of options and connections like TV DB, iPOD connection controlled via screen, rear camera, SAT radio, DVD player... etc.
I'm not so expert to try and experiment without a guide. Does anybody modified the original car system?

Post #6832 15th Sep 2007 4:17 pm
Cypress

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

Hi,

If you look in my gallery there are some pictures of the the insides headunit from when I fitted the ipod interface.

Regards

Paul;

Post #6843 15th Sep 2007 6:50 pm
matteo

Hi.

Interesting shots... but I don't understand the sequence. We have the same car same colo. Do you have SatNav system as well? Can you explain clearly your job on the audio system?

Tnx

Post #6846 15th Sep 2007 8:19 pm
Cypress

matteo wrote:
Hi.

Interesting shots... but I don't understand the sequence. We have the same car same colo. Do you have SatNav system as well? Can you explain clearly your job on the audio system?

Tnx

Hi,

The pictures are just to show the bits and pieces in the audio system of the car, if you want to see the sequence take a look at the official pdf . . . .

Regards

Paul;

Post #6868 16th Sep 2007 5:30 pm
matteo

Well, thanks Paul but where can I find it? Have no idea.
There's nothing clear around... probably I'm not so able as you are. Do you have an Alpine car audio system? Is there an Alpine Ai connection or a plug for Dension Ice>link?

Post #6870 16th Sep 2007 6:37 pm
Cypress

matteo wrote:
Well, thanks Paul but where can I find it? Have no idea.
There's nothing clear around... probably I'm not so able as you are. Do you have an Alpine car audio system? Is there an Alpine Ai connection or a plug for Dension Ice>link?

Hi,

I have the ford alpine audio system . . .

The interesting bits are that the control panel is separate from the headunit, the control panel is branded alps from the molding on the back. This is a division of alpine that is more usually associated with peripheral devices rather than audio.

The main part of the headunit is manufactured by mitsubishi electronic according to the sticker on it . . .

There are both fibre and electronic connector between the control panel and the headunit.

The ipod interface appears to be a dension gateway 400 from stickers on the parts in the audio connectivity module.

The implementation compared to the dension ice link in my MINI is not great.....the ipod connects and the sounds is good, but you cannot control the ipod directly from the headunit controls. It only works with the steering wheel controls.

There is not display of track info on the headunit Sad

The audio connectivity unit comes with it's own loom that is connected between the connectivity module and the headunit.

The connectors on the headunit seem to be land rover (ford) proprietary not DIN/ISO connectors.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask Very Happy

Paul;

Post #6872 16th Sep 2007 7:51 pm
matteo

Cypress wrote:

I have the ford alpine audio system . . .

The interesting bits are that the control panel is separate from the headunit, the control panel is branded alps from the molding on the back. This is a division of alpine that is more usually associated with peripheral devices rather than audio.

So there aren't the classical Alpine Ai connections?

Cypress wrote:
The main part of the headunit is manufactured by mitsubishi electronic according to the sticker on it . . .

Mitsubishi, very curious.

Cypress wrote:
There are both fibre and electronic connector between the control panel and the headunit.

When you say headunit you mean the control interface?

Cypress wrote:
The ipod interface appears to be a dension gateway 400 from stickers on the parts in the audio connectivity module.
Do you think that icelink plus should be usable as well?

Cypress wrote:
The implementation compared to the dension ice link in my MINI is not great.....the ipod connects and the sounds is good, but you cannot control the ipod directly from the headunit controls. It only works with the steering wheel controls.

So is pratically uneusefull for a complete implementation. I want to hide the ipod somewhere and control it on the radio screen or SatNav. To easily control the iPod for us there is the flexibledock from Tens for less then 50$.
http://www.tentechnology.com/products/products_flexibledock.php

Cypress wrote:
The audio connectivity unit comes with it's own loom that is connected between the connectivity module and the headunit.

I was hopeful that there was the magical Ai connection tipical of the alpine to connect a special high quality hub.

Thank you very much for the specs. You where talking about a pdf. Where can I find it?

Post #6900 17th Sep 2007 7:43 am
Cypress

It looks like that fibre conections that are on the headunit controls and the headunit use MOST.

http://www.mostcooperation.com/home/index.html

All of the manufactures that make up the Land Rover, audio and bluetooth systems are signed up to most.

The iPod interface ACM, appears to be based upon the Dension Gateway 400. This is only connected to the non fibre interface of the headunit. Hence there is power to the iPod, audio output from the iPod, and control from the steering wheel.

The Dension Gateway 500 has a MOST interface so would may give better functionality, like display of track info on the headunit and control from the headunit.

I guess that if as suspected the ACU is sourced from Dension, they will not launch a product that competes with the LandRover ACU.

Regards

Paul;

Post #6980 18th Sep 2007 4:29 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I see why this is posted in technical!! Shocked

Post #6998 18th Sep 2007 8:50 pm
matteo

Thanks a lot. I've sent an email to Dension asking for compatibility of Land Rover and Gateway 500.

Post #7014 18th Sep 2007 9:30 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1