Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Have I made a big mistake in buying a Freelander?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
andrewprd

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Wicksy,

It was never my intention to scare anyone off. As I said the Freelander is the first Diesel I have ever owned.

I wonder if the title to this post is perhaps wrong and I may have become a little paranoid and am looking for faults that don't exist. Like you I did read lots of reviews and the Freelander always came top of the list. The problem is I'm a perfectionist and for me I regard this has a handicap and not necessarily a virtue.

Please don't be put off. Take one for a test drive. If it helps everyone around me thinks I have bought a great car.

Best of Luck.

AndrewPRD

Post #68093 9th May 2010 10:45 am
andrewprd

2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Hi everybody,

I said I would get back after my FL2 went into Local Dealer for remedial work.

The good news is that No, I haven't made a mistake and now feel more confident about my purchase.

All the points have been dealt with except the Bluetooth Phone Issue. Although my mobile is on the approved list I am tending to think the problem has something to do with my phone.

Air conditioning - Well that was a faulty compressor. Again fixed under warranty.

I still wish I could have amended the Post Heading to something less critical. I fear this might get dragged back from time. Anyway for me - the problems solved.

Thank you all once again for your help.

Regards,

AndrewPRD

Post #68371 12th May 2010 9:05 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Great to hear that all your faults and worries are a thing of the past..... Here's to many years of happy freelanding Very Happy

Post #68378 12th May 2010 9:56 pm
AndyT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Are you actually getting triplicates of phone numbers or contact names with different numbers? If you have several numbers for a contact (mobile/home/work) it will create triplicate contact names in the car, but with 3 different numbers...

Post #68384 12th May 2010 10:45 pm
Oldie

Scotland 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

My FL2 is out of warranty (just) but Sheilds Landrover in Glasgow accepted that I mentioned a problem just before my 3 year service and have just replaced the Haldex/rear drivetrain without quibble. Courtesy car supplied.

Now, nobody wants a major issue like this to upset their LR enjoyment, but having mentioned similar problems raised on this forum, the engineers took it on board and fixed it. I think that this will persuade me to buy LR again (this is my second one, first was a Disco2)

Previous experiences with (from new) 3 Series, 5 Series, Merc, Alfa, Audi etc etc were not so pleasant.

I expect ANY vehicle to develop problems, but am relieved that LR, at least in Glasgow, actually care about their customers. Mind you, they're not overly generous with discounts, but I'm looking for peace of mind.

Post #68387 12th May 2010 11:44 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12