Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > iphone/ipod connection module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
cambrai

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e Sport Manual Lago Grey

Im also in talk with getting this fitted when i pick up my FL2, unsurprisingly they havent got back to me yet so i will be watching this with interest. Why oh why cant we stream bluetooth, would make life so much easier Sport LE Lago Grey

Post #64480 23rd Mar 2010 2:03 pm
TonyW

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

VPLFE002 is the part number for the old (and maybe only) iPod interface for the FL2. It's the one I had on my previous HSE and now have on my new one. The part number for the new one is VPLAE0001 apparently. The parts guy at my dealer still seems to think he can get one. We shall see.

Post #64484 23rd Mar 2010 2:49 pm
phil_wkl

Australia 

I've just had a Disco 4 loaner with ipod kit. The ipod connector is built into centre armrest and you connect the ipod via a cable. There is also a usb socket next to it as well. Neatly, the ipod can sit inside the armrest, although not a dedicated cubby space. And you then control the ipod via the touchscreen 'sat nav' as it is no longer just a sat nav screen, it controls a variety of devices including the stereo. I didn't play around too much though. Crucially I think the device is referred to as a portable audio device on the screen, rather than ipod as I think it may support other mp3 players?? Phil

Post #64486 23rd Mar 2010 2:56 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If it can be done and is not too expensive, then it has to be worthwhile. I must admit the Satnat screen is a little underused. I have noticed that you can use it to hang up the phone if you receive a call when the Satnav is on...

Would really like a "proper" integration... Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #64498 23rd Mar 2010 6:18 pm
Udash

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

xtattsbox wrote:
If it can be done and is not too expensive, then it has to be worthwhile. I must admit the Satnat screen is a little underused. I have noticed that you can use it to hang up the phone if you receive a call when the Satnav is on...

Would really like a "proper" integration...

Also satnav can initiate a call to a number associated with the POIs or a memory point but I agree its touchscreen should be used more, new RRS seesm to have got it to a very good level of integration without doing it too much like in some other cars where satnav screen controls the electric seats. Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto
Zermatt Silver
Side Steps & Mud flaps

Post #64570 24th Mar 2010 10:04 am
TonyW

2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

Right. Having done extensive research including having a rant at Land Rover direct I can now state definitively that the touch screen iPod integration on the Freelander 2 does not exist. They are aware that the website is "slightly misleading" (their terminology, not mine - I pointed out it's a blatant lie) and it will possibly at some point be revised to correct the error. In the meantime anyone expecting to control their iPod through the touch screen is going to be extremely disappointed (like me). The only iPod interface is the one that tucks away in the glove compartment and allows you to control track selection etc through the steering wheel stereo controls and gives you no visual feedback on what's playing. Which after the BMW 325 I just parted with, which showed track name, artist, album title Big Cry is a bit naff. However the HSE audio system is so gobsmackingly brilliant soundwise I'm prepared to live with it.

Post #64701 25th Mar 2010 2:45 pm
xtattsbox

Cock. Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #64703 25th Mar 2010 3:36 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

xtattsbox wrote:
Cock.

X'box, are you James May ? Laughing

Post #64737 25th Mar 2010 8:58 pm
xtattsbox

mcphersonstrut wrote:
xtattsbox wrote:
Cock.

X'box, are you James May ? Laughing

Laughing Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #64763 26th Mar 2010 9:13 am
M55 MPN

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I've finally picked up my new Freelander with ipod connectivity module - no touch screen integration as already discussed but controlled through the steering wheel buttons when in Aux mode. And there's a USB for those that need it. Awesome sound and so easy to use on the go. No complaints. Still trying to get control over driving something so different from my SLK320 plus all the gizmos so only a brief review of the ipod connectivity thingy. Off to a landrover experience day at Eastnor soon so should be a little more up to speed after that........ Very Happy

Post #65614 5th Apr 2010 3:37 pm
M55 MPN

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

ps the ipod and connection lead and workings stuff is stored in the glove compartment away from prying eyes, doesn't take any room up apart from the ipod itself. What's playing shows on the radio screen

Post #65616 5th Apr 2010 3:42 pm
freelander dragon

United Kingdom 

Why spend £300 plus for just a connection wire without full integration with the Sat Nav screen. You can spend just £30 to get a Griffin Autopilot which you can charge the iPod and change track by a push of the bottons on the charger. You can still control the volume through the steering wheel and sounds as good as from the CDs in my wife's new HSE. I have a Jagura XF, the iPod is fully integrated with the Sat Nav, you can see the track name and control with your steering wheel swiches. The technology is already with JLR, I don't know why they don't use it in the Freelander, at least they should use it in the HSE model. May be they will wait for the facelift next year so people would see something new in it. Confused

Post #65951 9th Apr 2010 10:01 pm
heatha05

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Fuji White

Also excellent is the Kensington Liquid Aux. great sound, steering wheel mounted remote and charges the ipod.

Post #65985 10th Apr 2010 10:43 am
carvalho

Portugal 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

M55 MPN wrote:
ps the ipod and connection lead and workings stuff is stored in the glove compartment away from prying eyes, doesn't take any room up apart from the ipod itself. What's playing shows on the radio screen

I have a VPLAE0001 on my 2007 Freelander 2 HSE (with dolby Prologic alpine head unit) and doesn't show anything. Only AUX. I have an iPod 4G (click wheel) and Iphone 3G and with both the display on head unit only show AUX.
It was fitted by the dealer and could be a wrong installation?

What head unit you car have? And what ipod do you have?

Regards.

Post #66049 11th Apr 2010 12:11 am
clarkse

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Landrover Website has now been updated to remove the ipod connection kit via touch screen blub and instead now only shows VPLFE0002 with revised text (below)
Sad

Connectivity Ports
Part No: VPLFE0002

Discreet link lead installation to integrate iPod Nano Gen 1, 2 and 3, iPod Video 30 + 60 + 80Gb, Classic, iPhone and iTouch into the vehicle audio speaker system, using the steering wheel controls (where fitted) for track selection and volume. In addition the link lead also acts as a charger for your iPod device. * iPod not included

Post #66912 22nd Apr 2010 2:06 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>