Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > over heating CD !!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
over heating CD !!!!!

Just returnd from a trip to Filton/Bristol. Was enjoying as relaxing drive up the M6 listening to Radio2, when I decided to change to a CD. I chose an Elton John album from yesteryear ... (live album Here & There) now there was only me in the car so the volume go cranked up a bit......

After about 6 tracks, it all went quiet, very quiet, in fact complete silence. I looked down at the radio display to be see a message "System over temperature". The system wouldn't do anything that involved emitting sound but did eventually spit out the CD, which was bloody hot. The facia of the radio/CD was hot to the touch. Ooops I thought. End up cranking the aircon at minimum temperature for 10 minutes to cool the car and the dashboard down. Finally at approx 15 minutes from going silent the system came back to life, radio and CD.

OK, I was listening at a loud(ish) volume, though having said that it was actually about 22-23 on the scale which I'm sure goes way up into the 30's. I'm a bit dissapointed to find that I can't enjoy more than a few minutes of modest volume without the system giving up. The Mazda 6 was more than happy to supply the required volume without complaint. Anyone else had any audio problems? This is a GS with the basic fit sound system, I wanted the premium sound system but that isn't available as an upgrade.

Post #1740 27th Feb 2007 11:39 pm
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Sounds like a trip to the dealer D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #1746 28th Feb 2007 9:48 am
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

maybe your cd-player gets hot from Elton John Laughing
Idea try playing a female artist

Post #1755 28th Feb 2007 5:52 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Avtur what was this problem in the end?? did you get it checked out, I have not experienced it even playing mine at max...which for the record (or in this modern day should I say CD or MP3 Rolling with laughter) is 35 on the dial

Post #6589 11th Sep 2007 11:15 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
Avtur what was this problem in the end?? did you get it checked out, I have not experienced it even playing mine at max...which for the record (or in this modern day should I say CD or MP3 Rolling with laughter) is 35 on the dial

The fault happend another 3 times upto August. During the car's first service a software download was applied to the radio/cd, which had the effect of completely killing the cd player (I was told that overheating had been seen on some Disco 3 radio/cds). Last week, after being without cd for about 4 weeks the radio/cd head unit was replaced. I now have working cd again, though I haven't yet listened above 22/23 on the volume dial. Watch this space ...... Oh and by coincidence it is was the same cd (by one Mr E John) that was in the player when it locked; I'm now waiting for the cd to extracted from the player and retunred to me, a service that the dealer was not able to perform ... yet again watch this space ....

Post #6594 12th Sep 2007 9:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1