Home > My Freelander 2 > Freelander 2 *NOT* being delivered this Friday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Coolie

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Santorini Black
Freelander 2 *NOT* being delivered this Friday

Hi 2 All

I'm new signing up here, however the info on the site has been useful re selecting a new car etc. We brought a Freelander2 GS Auto in Black with a heated screen, new on the APP deal being offered right now. Got the car to use as a family motor - for the other half to use, and also i can leave the company motor on the drive at the weekends too. We went for the FL2 mainly because it's well sized and has a certain style about it - which is lacking in competitors offers i think.

However the ownership experience i enter with some trepidation i'll admit (shouldn't be like that on a new motor i'd observe), and to some extent why we went with a GS and not a fully loaded HSE. Has the FL2 improved much in its life, ie have faults identified been designed/modified out - so a 2010 model is better? or not?

The dealership experience was an interesting 1, i've owned Mercs / VW and Volvo in recent years as both private owner and company user. My first question is? do they actually understand customer focus or indeed the notion of ringing back? Dear oh, dear! - or is because they see the FL2 as bottom line range, and reserve decent customer service for the Range Rover customers? The final biscuit, was being asked for proof that an alternative dealer had offered a discount - an amazing situation! I wasn't actually convinced that the dealer wanted to sell the car he had in stock!

I'm hoping from here on in, the situation improves or we have so little problem with the car (which is how it should be!) that we don't see the dealer!

The car we love, so can't wait for delivery day this Fri. Had the Supaguard done - so hoping that will keep the black paintwork look great long term and the interior free from baby mess Smile Does the paintwork and interior hold-up well against normal wear over 3yrs - with routine cleaning?

Will report back on delivery experience and first drives. 2010 LR Freelander2 XS TD4_e Manual - Santorini Black (family car for the misses)
2009 OVLOV XC70 D5 - Company motor

Post #64265 21st Mar 2010 5:44 pm
awd

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Galway Green

Very welcome Collie, I have 2010 GS and am very pleased with it. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
It will be a slow week counting down the days Rolling Eyes
My dealer was great and I would recommend them. A lot depends on the individual sales person you get. ______________________
2010 GS Galway Green Manual (now sold)

Post #64268 21st Mar 2010 6:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tonka

United Kingdom 

Had ours on march 1st, Sport LE in black nightmare to keep clean Big Cry but when its been washed looks the dogs Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up the sales guy we had in stratstone Swansea has been fantastic to date. Our last car b4 the freelander was a Merc Benz SLK and we have not been sorry to the switch for a min Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #64269 21st Mar 2010 6:19 pm
Carnoch

Cars are good'ish.

That's just as well because generally speaking, LR dealers are a lot of self serving, self important ar*e holes who have little grip on reality and prefer to have a grip of your money. Don't take it personally, I've had the same experience with both our LR's.

Post #64272 21st Mar 2010 6:37 pm
Coolie

Thanks for that, not just me then.

Interesting feedback re swop to SLK - we've swopped from an 08plate SLK to a Golf for family reasons, but now switching to the FL2 because the Golf didn't quite hit the mark to be honest. Hoping the FL2 will make the mark.

Our SLK was black, and so i know i'm gonna cleaning loads, but the Supaguard worked well in that regard on the SLK to be fair. 2010 LR Freelander2 XS TD4_e Manual - Santorini Black (family car for the misses)

Post #64278 21st Mar 2010 7:18 pm
Carnoch

Yeah, I haven't decided if LR dealers are a pain ars* to everyone or if you turn up in plus fours and a tweed jacket, if you get treated any differently. If LR's ever go out of fashion, there could be a lot of salesmen on the dole.

Post #64297 21st Mar 2010 8:24 pm
Coolie

Dear oh, dear!

The debarcle of trying to buy a new Freelander2 off a dealership is becoming ever more frustrating! Despite having paid a deposit on a car and provided all info for the APP on Friday, i'm advised now that the car i secured on Friday isn't ava - in other words i suspect that the dealer has sold the car over the weekend without the 5% discount which i had negotiated - all very under hand and unsatisfactory.

i am left wondering if the Landrover dealership network has any idea on customer care and focus. Do we think Landrover (the company) realise the problem they have with their dealerships, or is it just me?!

I'm unsure what we'll do now to be honest, the dealer has gone off to find out what else they have in stock / can source, but it typically takes 24hrs to respond to any requests in any case.

So, i guess the name of this thread needs to be changed to, Freelander 2 not being delivered this Friday!! lol 2010 LR Freelander2 XS TD4_e Manual - Santorini Black (family car for the misses)

Post #64393 22nd Mar 2010 6:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Your wish is my ........ Title changed Whistle

What a set of Censored

name and shame Evil or Very Mad

did they give you the chassis number or anything? Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64394 22nd Mar 2010 6:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Try seeing what James at sponsors LPR Have?

Your closure than I was to them and your have a nice drive home too Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64396 22nd Mar 2010 6:45 pm
Coolie

Thanks for that Smile

They didn't give a chassis number, but on the basis it was in the showroom - you'd not expect a problem!!

The main problem i have now, is we wanted a car with a heated screen (which this 1 had as an extra) and there doesn't seem to be an alternative car in the system anywhere.

I'll disclose the name of the dealer once i get my deposit back if thats ok! (no problem with sharing that info)

We've been offered a std GS Manual - at an alternative dealer (Droitwich LR - who seem very attentive), or a std XS with this current stealer. Does anyone have an idea of what discount i should be looking at on these? (i was thinking 5% - given supply is such a problem just now). 2010 LR Freelander2 XS TD4_e Manual - Santorini Black (family car for the misses)

Post #64400 22nd Mar 2010 7:06 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I wonder if going tobthe dealer principle and asking them to prove when the deposit was taken for the other person, stress it's not the fact they got a better possible deal, but the one who placed deposit first should get the car

I doubt it would work but worth a shot Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #64403 22nd Mar 2010 7:22 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Have you signed any paperwork with regards to purchasing this car Question
If you have, and have also paid a deposit against this car then surely the dealer is in breach of contract Question ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #64406 22nd Mar 2010 7:28 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

If the car you paid you deposit on has suddenly become unavailable I should ask for a written reason(after all by paying a deposit you've entered into a contract). Once you have this reason if it is anything other than the car is not mechanically sound I would inform the dealer principal that not only are they in breech of contract but they have "obtained money by deception" this is a criminal offence which normally ends with a custodial sentence. If the excuse is that the car has been discovered to be mechanically unservicable then they should provide you with a date when the car will have been rectified.
If you wish to push this matter further record your phone conversations but tell them you are doing so, keep a record so they can't say "I never said that" 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #64421 22nd Mar 2010 8:49 pm
shandi

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e Sport Manual Lago Grey

I would be livid! I'd lay it on big style and check your consumer rights which can easily be found online. I'd def be looking for an XS for the previously agreed price. When I bought mine I found it a really strange experience. Any other car I bought brand new was ordered for me but LR seem to only have certain cars in stock and seem very reluctant to order a car to a desired spec- wierd! Anyway good luck Smile

Post #64422 22nd Mar 2010 8:50 pm
Jonboy

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Galway Green

Hi

Best of luck. If it helps I've just bought new from Droitwich. They said the car would be six weeks from when I placed the order. They were spot on. They kept me informed regularly too. Would unhesitatingly recommend them.

Good luck!

Post #64455 23rd Mar 2010 7:50 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>