Home > Technical > LR2 Install OEM Sirius
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
u2fan1967

United States 2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
LR2 Install OEM Sirius

Hi All,
I just picked up my beautiful new LR2 Stornoway gray with cold pack only. I absolutely love this SUV/4x4 ( not a truck ..LOL). Wow, it rides amazing and just a pleasure to own.

Now the tricky part,..I didn't need navigation, couldn't afford it and didn't want to spend $4000 us for it, but I still miss my XM/Sirius radio.

Anyone know how or if its possible to purchase the OEM installation of Sirius alone? I'm guessing it would require the roof top receiver and some kind of reprogramming of the electronics. I sarched around but found no information. I know I can buy a portable from any electronics store and stick on the windshield but I love the Integration of with the steering wheel, etc. Soooo, any thoughts?

thanks a bunch,
Keith (Massachusetts, USA)

Last edited by u2fan1967 on 9th Sep 2007 3:06 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6375 8th Sep 2007 3:18 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I see you having a few options, but it depends if you wnat to keep the factory CD receiver unit in place or not.

No I am no audiophile (or any other -phile for that matter!) but a product like this could do the job and keep the factory system and just upgrade it to Sirius.

If you can afford it I'd say put in a Kenwood or Alpine integration unit with a touchscreen where the navigation screen would normally go. This would give your the option of adding a sirius receiver and later a navigation system if you want all into the same system and it all being touchscreen accessed and the output going through the stereo.

I think there are a few other options that could be worth a check for factory integration.

Post #6382 8th Sep 2007 10:18 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1