« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Missing CD ....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey
Missing CD ....

OK, so radio/CD worked pretty good for six months, though it did lock up several times and it overheated a couple of times. I mentioned this when the car went in for its first service - don't worry that'll be sorted out with some software updates - I was told.

Well after the software update the CD player was locked up (I was quite p155ed off about this because they didn't even check the radio/CD after the software download) - there was a disc in the player when it went for service, that would not play or eject. So I've been without a CD for about 5 weeks. After two more visits to the dealer I now have a new radio/CD which appears to be working fine. However I'm still missing the CD that was locked into the old player. Apparently when problems arise what the dealer does is simply fit a new radio/CD the old one is taken out and sent off somewhere..... Then, wherever the faulty units are sent to they are then opened up and any trapped discs are returned to the dealer. Watch this space we'll see if this process really works.

Post #6243 5th Sep 2007 10:43 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Don't worry if you don't get it back, I'm sure you'll be able to find all those Jason Donovan tracks on the Internet.

Post #6245 5th Sep 2007 11:02 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

NightFox wrote:
Don't worry if you don't get it back, I'm sure you'll be able to find all those Jason Donovan tracks on the Internet.

What I have I done to deserve that !!!!!!

Actually it is an Elton John live album called 'Here & There' and its the 'There' disc that is missing. It's an excellent album, recorded live at Maddison Square Gardens, and if fact features John Lennon on three tracks, this was the last ever live recording of John Lennon, he died just 3 weeks later..

Post #6267 6th Sep 2007 9:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1