Home > General > Hi - New to forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chrisuk

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Hi - New to forum

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a LR2 either in SE or HSE guise.

Am I correct in assuming that the only difference between the two is that the SE has 1/2 leather trim, while the HSE has full leather ?

I've never had a car with a load of toys on, so decided to treat myself & upgrade from a modified 2005 SEAT Leon FR TDI.

Got a budget of £18k (still owe £4k on my Leon Loan.....) - which by looking at the Autotrader Ad's, should get me a nice 2006-2007 SE/HSE (TDI) with less than 40k miles on the clock.

I can't find any for sale on here, not sure if I'm looking in the right place, or whether there are just none for sale at the minute ?

Anyway, I'll be around on here for the next 5 years or so, so hello & I'll speak to you soon.

ps - if anyone has any tips, recommended places to buy (need to goto a dealer really so I can part ex my car) or any other info/links of interest, I'd appreciate 2 mins of your time to post them up for me. I'll spend a few days reading over the forums though Smile

Chris

Post #60818 22nd Feb 2010 11:05 am
trg

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Stornoway Grey

hey chris,

I think with that kind of budget you could even consider looking at approved used from a main dealer. Its obviously more costly but it may be worth looking at the benefits - a 12 month warranty and main dealer inspection are worth quite a lot to me. May also be worth your while including the XS model in your search - you may find it has sufficient "toys" and offers pretty good value, although the older XS isn't as well kitted-out as the new version. I'm told there has been a shortage of approved used within the dealer network, but maybe that will change after 1 March with trade-ins?

Good luck with your search, it will be worth it Thumbs Up

Post #60822 22nd Feb 2010 11:30 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

HSE = SE + 18" wheels, full leather memory seats with more adjustments(SE part leather electric) ,improved sound system, slightly different climate control. And some other things Confused

both have sunroof, sat nav and cd changer which xs doesnt At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #60827 22nd Feb 2010 11:58 am
chrisuk

Thanks both.

I did look at the XS, but as Chicken said, not all XS's came with Sat Nav etc.

I found this site useful when comparing models:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipment/Summary.aspx?model=1534

I phoned up 6 ad's from the Trader last week, and every single one of them had been sold !! I hope the second hand market isnt drying up too much (just my luck eh !).

Not in any major rush, but you know as soon as you start looking, you want to swap immediately Smile

Post #60830 22nd Feb 2010 12:13 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

LR sat nav isnt very special, dont over pay for it At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #60831 22nd Feb 2010 12:30 pm
Northern Monkey

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Baltic Blue

Not sure, but I thought it was only the HSE that had leather as standard? (in the 2007/2008 model years)

These are my personal reasons for not choosing Se and opting for XS..
1. Never wanted a Cd multichanger...now use either Ipod via AUX in or MP3 CD (1 cd holds approx 10 Albums)
2. Sat Nav cost a fortune as option, so I got my own (the Sony one that fits in the hole and looks lovely) cost me £70 from Argos on Fleabay.
3. Had a full length sunroof on last car and spent the whole time with the blind closed keeping sun out of nippers eyes!!

Obviously as a used buy all the SE extra's come included at a reduced price but if you can get an XS I dont think you'll miss them.

Plus you can get decent genuine HSE alloys and other mods for a snip on here or fleabay now. Thumbs Up Baltic blue XS - Alpaca Leather - 18" HSE wheels.

Post #60832 22nd Feb 2010 12:33 pm
chrisuk

I wanted the Sat Nav as I am a complete muppet when driving on roads I do not know (I'm worse than the misses !!).

I wanted an integrated Sat Nav as I didnt want the chavs seeing a Sat Nav on display 24/7 - and I didnt want to take it out as I would never be bothered swapping/changing each time I needed it, plus I hate the additional wires on show.

Not too bothered about the CD changer myself to be honest - got a 32gb iPhone that can/will be used if there is an AUX input (which I'm sure I've read they have on here).

Thanks again chaps

Post #60833 22nd Feb 2010 12:40 pm
whippetman

England 

Welcome!I disagree over the satnav.I think the Lr system works really well.Have used the tomtom before but like all things you need to need these things and the more you use them the better they get.Sorry but you do need to get to grips with the manual Laughing

Post #60835 22nd Feb 2010 12:47 pm
chrisuk

Cheers Whippet Smile

Just looking at prices over the XS/SE/HSE & to be honest, there is nothing in them.

Just got to find a dealer with some in stock now lol

Post #60836 22nd Feb 2010 1:11 pm
Stompy

United Kingdom 

Good luck with your search.

Post #60851 22nd Feb 2010 2:37 pm
ad210358

England 

whippetman wrote:
Welcome!I disagree over the satnav.I think the Lr system works really well.Have used the tomtom before but like all things you need to need these things and the more you use them the better they get.Sorry but you do need to get to grips with the manual Laughing

Wonderful Sat Nav in the Freely 2, if I ask it to take me to Watford it takes me half way on a Dual Carrigeway then off the direct road to Watford and through Berkhamstead and Hemel. If I than ask it to get me home it takes me on the Dual Carriageway bypassing Hemel and Berkhamstead on the part it did not want me to go on earlier then when I get to the part that I was on earlier it takes me off and back on to a minor road. Rolling Eyes

Or another good one is main road clear of traffic, "Turn Left and at the end of the road turn left" what it has asked me to do is turn into a layby then turn back on the same road again. Rolling Eyes

And not forgetting taking you off a Motorway slip road and back down the otherside again. Rolling Eyes

Post #60853 22nd Feb 2010 2:59 pm
legacy

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Zermatt Silver

Hi Chris,

I picked up an XS earler this year 56plate (2007) that had a good spec full leather seats & Styling Kit and LR srvice history so they are about although you'll probably have to be prepared to travel - the numbers available on searches have decreased dramatically since Jan. It had 6 weeks left on warranty which was plenty to have it checked over, only item that needed to be replaced was where the column had worn from the seatbelt on the drivers side. LR also helped pair my wifes phone which was shown as compatible (Samsung Jet) as it would connect but wouldn't make or receive calls (simple software upgrade). A sunroof or Sat Nav would have been nice although with A/C on, in my company car I don't think I've ever used it as for Sat Nav Tomtom and others are easily set up and or removed

Regards

Nick

Post #60857 22nd Feb 2010 3:24 pm
chrisuk

Thanks Nick.

I've got time & willing to travel for the right one mate, so I'll keep an eye out for any that are fully loaded.

I think there will be a lot more about in March when people chop them in for a "10" plate though.

Post #60858 22nd Feb 2010 3:34 pm
whippetman

England 

ad210358
Sorry to hear your woes.
If you havent set the sat nav on the right options it will do this.If you have read the manual and you cant get it then set it to default and allow motorway option and major roads.
Hope this helps Smile

Post #60867 22nd Feb 2010 4:27 pm
ad210358

England 

It choses on the outward journey to miss a certain part of the road but chooses on its inward journey to use it Question I have read the manual and made various changes and reset it to the default setting but for intance it will not route to take in a three mile stretch of the North Bound A41 happy going South but hates the Northbound, I think its been tampered with by certain Northern members to keep the us Southerners away from the North. Whistle

But saying that I am used to its little quirks as the Sat Nav is only really used by me to pick up the TMC news and for finding a road when I get near to the destination the actual road network is stored in the ad road atlas.
Other than that a fine vehicle which most of you know already. Thumbs Up

Post #60872 22nd Feb 2010 6:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1