« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Delivery Times - New FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
awd

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Galway Green
Delivery Times - New FL2

I have ordered, 4 weeks ago a nice new FL2 in Galway Green GS (no extras - budget limited) . Delivery time is now first two weeks in March. Is this normal or could I expect this to be reduced to sometime more reasonable?

Post #51971 12th Dec 2009 12:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

mine took 3 months that was 2 years ago, anyway you may as well wait until 1st Mar for the new reg plate At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #51972 12th Dec 2009 1:19 pm
gilfishman

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Orkney Grey

sound about right to me,i would have to waited til 30 jan 2010/...ordered 22 oct 09....factory order,impanema sand with privacy glass,but opted for a stock fl2 without,plus i didnt want to pay the vat increase in jan 10.the time was 6 weeks then. gal green is a hard colour to find from stock and tend to be factory only ordered.

Post #51981 12th Dec 2009 6:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Helmar99

N/A

Last edited by Helmar99 on 3rd Dec 2022 10:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #51989 12th Dec 2009 11:30 pm
Lr2maker

United Kingdom 
Delivery should shorten in future

With the x type demise and extra capacity for freelander 2 time should shorten. Btw halewood on 5 days again in jan. Live your life be free-lander

Post #51990 12th Dec 2009 11:57 pm
gumdrop

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

FL2 do seem to be low in stock. I ordered a Td4_e HSE in Stornway Grey at the begining of Dec - the only cars available in the dealer Network was a white one and a red one, in the end I opted for a black auto HSE. The dealer drew it off his own stock - said there were no more coming into the dealer stock now until January so this was my only option bearing in mind the VAT increase, drop in trade in and the fact the F1 need about £1k of work doing on it to get to the Alps and back.

Took delivery on Friday drove down to the tunnel on Friday crossed Sat am - its now in the French Alps - what an improvement to my 5 year old F1 HSE - mpg average 30.6 - 820 miles (Bradford to Chatel) is that a bit low ? would the e have been a better bet I ask? - most of the journey is motorway so very little start stop options.

Just need to try her in her snow now Very Happy Cheers
Gumdrop aka Simon !
-------------------------------------------------
F2 HSE, auto, roof rails, steps, santorini black
Defender 50th
F1 1999, Commercial
Series 1 (1958)
Rebel Replica Series 1

Post #51997 13th Dec 2009 11:55 am
tonka

United Kingdom 

What u will find with VAT going back up & the scrapage insentive ending in two months time long delivery times will end.

Post #51999 13th Dec 2009 12:50 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

I didn't think there would be any non-e's left ??

I got my HSE e in September ( ordered in August ) and it was drawn off a dealer's allocation.

Iain

ps I don't think the e would have made any difference to you fuel consumption as it only would have any benefit on stop/start driving.

Post #52003 13th Dec 2009 1:44 pm
awd

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Galway Green

Thanks for your comments, the dealer has brought forward the delivery to early Feb now. I have been advised that my order has been amended and on all 2010 FL2's will not come with a spare wheel as standard. This will be an option, at a cost. An emergency tyre repair system will be included with all 2010 deliveries. I assume this will be more than a tyre leaver, patch and a foot pump.

Post #52423 19th Dec 2009 5:44 pm
gumdrop

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

My 2010 MY came with a standard tyre on a steel wheel - the extra option was to have an alloy to match - cost option £110 I think - so unless this has changed for vehicles delivery after Jan 01 2010 you should get the same ? As I understand it you are limited to 50 mph 'cos the wheel bolts are intended for an alloy wheel not the steel one. Cheers
Gumdrop aka Simon !
-------------------------------------------------
F2 HSE, auto, roof rails, steps, santorini black
Defender 50th
F1 1999, Commercial
Series 1 (1958)
Rebel Replica Series 1

Post #52438 19th Dec 2009 7:41 pm
nicam

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Tambora Flame

A friend of mine interogated me a month or so ago about my FL2 experience and ordered one for delivery last week - SE in Stornaway grey. On the day it was due for collection the salesman rang him and said they were having computer problems and couldn`t tax it - what a lie!!. A few minutes later the dealer principle rang and asked him to come down to the dealership bacause his car had been "bumped". When he got there he saw "his" car. It was damaged from the wing mirror to the back wing - the damage getting deeper the further back on the car. Apparently the sales girl hadn`t defrosted the windows before moving the car and attacked a concrete post!!
Now to the point - a replacement vehicle was sourced from the factory and was delivered last friday. I wonder how hard the dealer had to shout to get that delivery! Checking some component date tags, most are late November, so I guess its just off the line.
Quick delivery is possible. Don`t drive faster than your angel can fly!

Post #52490 20th Dec 2009 10:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1