« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > SUNROOF snaped loose
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
muellerfilm

2007 LR2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame
SUNROOF snaped loose

Well, after having the LR2 for two months and 1900 miles I am here to report my first problem. Over the weekend I opened the sunroof and I heard a loud pop. Later closed the roof and everything was fine. Next day Open the roof everything fine had it opened all day long on short road trip. Now it’s getting cold so I close the roof while I going about 70Mph and I hear POP POP POP. The roof is ¾ the way closed now but it is very crooked and it’s pushed up on one side and flapping up and down in the wind I thought it was going to fly off.
I pulled over and looked and saw the glass top pushing into the rear glass roof and the front hanging over the painted section. While standing outside the LR2 I reached in and tapped the close button and held the glass roof to straiten it out. It worked and luckily there was no damage to the paint or the rear glass roof section.
Its now 11pm and I am 100 miles from home in the middle of nowhere And my passenger is holding the glass roof that is completely loose on one side while I am traveling at 50MPH for the ride home.
I took the LR2 to Hornburg in Beverly Hills and they were great and gave me a free loaner but I still have no idea when I will get my LR2 back

Post #4987 31st Jul 2007 9:19 pm
looney_loey

United States 

sigh! I think and I'm guessing that your sunroof railing must have been damage from the very first time you heard the popping sound. Then when you drove at 70mph with it opened up it made the matter worst or so.

I got 1600Miles already but had never opened up my sunroof while driving due I don't want to loose the smell of a new car just yet! Laughing

hope everythin' gonna be fine with your baby.

please do keep us posted of the possible cause after you got it back Very Happy Do Not Follow Me...You Can't Go Where I Go!!!

.....up in the tree!!!

Post #4988 1st Aug 2007 3:17 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1