« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > John Craddock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
axle

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Santorini Black

Redfox wrote:
Ah, so this leaves me as a buyer in a situation where a seller can advertise anything at a fantasy price, and then when the sale is done, and money drawn from the buyers bank account, in the hands of the seller, who can then decide to demand any other price he or she many fancy. As in my case for example.
More over, that will also le me as a buyer, in a total lack of confidence as to getting a refund of my money, and all of the hassle that comes with that.

Hmm... Not very confidence inspiring.
In Denmark at least, that practice is illegal.

Anyway, I'll report back here what happens in this case. Let's hope they will do the sale for the price they demanded and withdrew from my account.
Law is apparently not always clear and may be superseded by another law.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Sorry i didn't explain that very well.
The seller advertises at a price and the can sell at that price or not, they don't have to sell but if the do it must be at the set price, that's the law. Common sense isn't very common.

Post #438940 30th Jan 2024 3:05 pm
Redfox

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Izmir Blue

Today I got the answer from John Craddock Ltd:

"The company shall be entitled to adjust the price of the goods as at the time of despatch and or provision by such amount as may be necessary to cover any increase sustained by the company after the date of acceptance of the buyers order and any direct or indirect costs of making, obtaining, handling storing or supplying the goods" (as they say is stated on their webpage).

That means in laymans terms, that "John Craddock Ltd" can alter any and every price on every single item they offer for sale in their business.

So sad that the first time I order spares from a Land Rover spares dealership, it's showing to be a company that is trying to cheat me, their customer. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Dartman the one: So, as they have deducted the amount immediately from my account at the time of me buying, I am entitled to have the goods for the 40 gbp in shipping?
What about their claim that they answered me with today?

I have now sent "John Craddock Ltd" another seconf email clearifying your point made in your comment, and asked that they send me a link for paying the shipping fee at gbp 40,- or notify me in sucha way, that I can send someone else in my place to pick up the parts.
We shall see.

How can I best go on with this case?

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438950 30th Jan 2024 5:56 pm
Dartman the one

England 

That sounds as if they think they can change the price, however they may state that but it may not be lawful, I suspect that unless that condition is stated on the payment page it is not legal, they accepted your your money before then asking for the freight charges which changes the contract, They can't take your payment then increase the price, they can refund you the cost plus your expenses on currency exchange and refuse to supply.
The problem is that the value is so low it's not worth going to law however it may be worthwhile reporting them to the local trading standards office, you should find the office on the internet along with their email address.
Reading the terms and conditions I believe that they can only increase the price if the goods are sold on payment on delivery or on a credit account, to change the price before dispatch after accepting payment seems to allow them to change the price again and again until they decide to dispatch. my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #438952 30th Jan 2024 7:26 pm
Redfox

Exactly. I agree to that. However, we shall see what their reply will be.
If they won't accept the deal they made themselves, I protest as good as I can, report them to the local trading standards office, and claim my money back. No way I am going to offer them more money for something I already paid for.
And I'll go shop somewhere else.

Sorry for all the ado about this, but as a modern user of a car, and spares, I think todays trading environment is a stealers dream, because it would appear that they think they can get away with anything, more so when buyers are using the www from abroad, to search and buy spares.
If, on the other hand, they change their view on this and respect their customers and their own trading, I am up for the trade.
It's pennies, but it's also a principal issue.

Generally speaking, I think it id after all a relatively small community and trading "landscape" so I also think it's pretty dumb to start doing all this over a few pounds on their side, as market for parts on old cars are going down, and they as an institution will have nothing left to deal with in some years (or more years). With other brands upping their game on the SUC and off-road scene, I think it's an unwise decision to run a business like that.
Instead, we should all stick together as one community with owners, traders etc in one biog group, to counteract politicians, all sorts of car haters and what not. When the flooding is here, suddenly all Land Rover owners et al are looked upon with mild eyes, as their help is needed.

Anyway, great community with great response to all things Freelander 2 Wink I thank you all for that.

I'll write here what comes next.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438953 30th Jan 2024 9:08 pm
Dartman the one

England 

I suspect the mats are made in China and are available elsewhere, I wonder if they are actually in stock and the increase is referenced to the Middle east problems my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #438957 30th Jan 2024 11:57 pm
mdpslm

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Very bad tale & what seems to be illegal practice by Craddock Neutral

Site sponsor Duckworths seem to have the LHD set at a similar price:
https://www.duckworthparts.co.uk/landrover...hdlr002497

Maybe confirm availability, price and shipping costs @ Duckworths and then just get a refund from Craddocks.

Good luck! Current: FL2 64 plate Black SD4 Auto Metropolis
Gone: FL2 2006 Tambora Flame Orange 2.2 TD4 manual HSE - (90K KM - 268K KM, LHD in CH)

Post #438958 31st Jan 2024 12:47 am
Redfox

Got another reply from "John Craddock Ltd" today which just repeats their earlier statement. They are not going to honor their sale to me, for which they immediately deducted money from my bank account.
I will notify a variety of English authorities, and demand my full pay refunded back into my account.

I just now at the 31'st of Jan 2024 at 22:42 Danish Local time, looked the their mat set offering and it's still not updated to be far more expensive.

I have therefore written the following reply to "John Craddock Ltd":
-----

Hello John Craddock Ltd,

Thank you for your reply.

As I read your answer to me, there's no change in your standpoint to my request as to honor our business, and sell me the Freelander 2 Alpaca floormats Left hand drive to the advertised price from you. And that price is still active on your webpage, I may add. This is not the way I as a Dane conduct business, as it would amongst other possible outcomes mean, that any customer at any time can similarly be asked to pay more than double the price on any item he or she may have ordered and already paid for. In Denmark we are honest, and do honest business and always go to great length to ensure that is the case, to the full satisfaction of both parties.
I can honestly tell you, that in Denmark this way you are conducting business , is illegal and have consequences by law for the company/seller.

I am because of your action or lack thereof thoroughly disappointed in my first attempt to do business with you as I would have liked to continue doing business with you for Freelander 2 parts for my car in coming years, but sadly this will not be the case. Honestly sorry about that.
I have for more than 30 years done business with multiple English companies for car parts and other commodities, amongst them Lotus Cars, and I have never ever met this kind of problem that you represent. I am baffled to say the least.

I am therefore not accepting your heavily changed offer of price on said parts that you contacted me about, despite already having paid for said parts, and I shall therefore ask for a full refund of the paid sum, back into my bank account.
Please tell me if there's any information or detail that you need to be able to conduct this request, and also please do inform me of when you shall be doing the refund to me.

Should you in the future change your way of doing business, I will naturally consider this and remain open for business.

Kind regards.

-----
Subsequently, I honestly cannot recommend anyone buying anything at "John Craddock Ltd" north of Birmingham. Sorry to write that, but that is the bare truth.
This of course is up to each person for the future. I had to draw a line of fairness, as they have crossed that pretty heavily in my humble view.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438980 31st Jan 2024 10:36 pm
Arctic

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Orkney Grey

Hi Redfox.
What if any was the final outcome with John Craddock, i have purchased items from them which have been very slow to arrive, i have since used other companies for my items with good delivery and prices.

Post #439364 13th Feb 2024 8:38 am
Redfox

Since I gave up on demanding the goods I bought from them, and they wouldn't sell me/ship to me, I demanded a refund, which I have just received. Such a pity, that this is the way to make business. To me at least, it shouldn't be a hassle to pay for parts for a car, with todays smooth posibilities. I would prefer if both companies and customers could deal with each other in a more honest way.
I have now contacted another independant Land Rover parts seller, so I can service my Freelander 2 properly.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #439374 13th Feb 2024 12:09 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12