Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Board computer on my car 2007 i6 SE ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Redfox

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Izmir Blue
Board computer on my car 2007 i6 SE ?

Hi all,
I am new to Land Rover, so I just bought a Freelander 2, 3,2L petrol straight six. SE with 6speed automatic gearbox, from 2007.
So, amongst a lot of equipment, to my surprise, this one does not have an onboard computer that can tell you the range, consumption and a diversity of other info on the center display.
So, I don't have the "i" button on the left side stalk. (my car is a left hand drive).

I have a lot of things to find out, but one at a time Wink

My question is this:
Can I install a correct stalk with the "i" button and eventually other bits, and make it work as factory, or is that impossible?
What should I do?

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438327 10th Jan 2024 7:31 pm
Nodge68

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Rimini Red

You can install the stalk with the button, sure.
However the Ipack would need a software update to make use of that button.
Interesting that my SE has the button and functionality to go with it. 2009 Rimini Red SE TD4. Soon to be sold.
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate on order.
Gone. 2006 Tonga Green i6 HSE.

Post #438336 11th Jan 2024 8:34 am
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Failing that, every time you fill up the tank, jot down on the back of receipt the trip kms then reset (I have this data on >99% receipts from a decade). I do this to compare with the car's data with real data. Use your smart phone or if still capable calculate in your head, or spreadsheet, to calculate data. Primary school stuff... well at least it was! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #438337 11th Jan 2024 9:04 am
Redfox

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Izmir Blue

Thank you for the replies, guys!

Nodge68: I think that is because your is a HSE equipment, while still being an early car. Mine is a 2007 mode, but was sold to a rich Greek man in September 2006, so also an early one. Maybe Land Rover decided over time, to add more equipment to the car, not only in facelift versions.

Ha ha Wink They still teach that in school. I teach Wink
I already do that. But there's some useful information on that trip computer information/board computer.

so, I think I need to buy a set of stalks. How do I get the software? Can I do it myself via the OBDII connector?

Is it purely software driven, or is there a "module" for that as well I would need to buy?
As far as wires goes, I noticed while scrubbing the torpedo plate just in front of the windscreen, that there are already wires and connectors in place for the heated front screen. Maybe there are similar provisions for the remaining of the car?

Very satisfied about the Freelander II so far. Good driving machine, and better than most off-roaders I've been in.
ps: I am not afraid of some wrenching, as I always do my motorcycle, my Corrado G60 and my Lotus Esprit myself.

Kind regards,
Redfox.

Post #438340 11th Jan 2024 10:02 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1