« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Fused power supply to rear console
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
leamington

2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand
Fused power supply to rear console

The power socket in my MY13 Freelander 2's rear console (right next to the USB socket) has fused. I can't find this listed in the fuses section of the Owners Handbook - it only lists the rear consoe AUX socket. . Any suggestions?

Post #191209 13th Jul 2013 1:44 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

Could be the luggage compartment fuse box FB5 listed in the handbook as 'Caravan fridge'. Another member of the failed FL2 clutch/DMF club, twice.

Post #191226 13th Jul 2013 5:07 pm
SakoQuad

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Isn't power socket / aux socket the same thing? Check the 15 amp blade fuse in the aux socket fuse slot, bet it's blown!

Post #191227 13th Jul 2013 5:08 pm
leamington

Thanks for replies. To Pegleg, the Caravan fridge fuse is FB5 in my handbook, and its fine.
To SkoQuad, the Auxiliary Socket (rear console) is what I tried first. its F55 20A in my book and its fine.
My centre console has two charger sockets, the one in front sits on its own and the rear one has USB and Aux input sockets next to it.
Its just the rear centre console charger socket that's gone. Looking at the fuse map on the bottom cover to the passenger compartment fuse box I see the charger socket symbol also appears on R1. This presumably is a relay. It is possible this has failed? Surely it would be protected by a fuse?

Post #191248 13th Jul 2013 7:34 pm
taztastic

England 

I blew mine a couple of weeks back, charger came apart and shorted, it was a 15A fuse in the rear fusebox, although not the one that appeared to be the aux supply?

Post #191251 13th Jul 2013 7:45 pm
SakoQuad

sorry leamington obviously not a lot of help. I blew fuses on central console aux / power sockets (x2 front and rear) and the boot aux / power in my MY 2010 using what turned out to be a faulty phone charger lead.
I don't have the USB sockets you have so clearly the fuse set up could be different. I just know I had to replace 15amp fuses in both fuse boxes - under bonnet and the boot. Hope you find the answer soon!

Post #191270 13th Jul 2013 9:22 pm
leamington

Thanks for replies. I'm not making progress. Particularly interested in taztastic's reply - do you recall exactly which fuse you changed in rear box? I've examined some and can't find one blown. I could send you a diag. of fuses in my box. The handbook's fuse list for passenger compartment box lists 2 Auxiliary sockets. One (F63) is termed luggage compartment. The other (F55) just says 'rear console', but in fact there are 2 sockets in the console, and one of them works ok. Also both are 20amp, which may suggest JLR have upped the fuse ratings for the sockets.

Post #191365 14th Jul 2013 8:30 pm
EYorkshire

The replies you are getting relate to pre MY13 models, the fuse ratings, locations and labels are different and you appear to have the later model. Unfortunately I only have the MY11 and earlier diagramme but the centre console will have a front switched (probably passenger side fusebox) and a rear permanent live (boot fusebox).

Post #191382 14th Jul 2013 10:53 pm
SakoQuad

Have you simply tried pulling and checking every 20 amp fuse in both fuse boxes? May be the quickest and simplest route.

Post #191412 15th Jul 2013 3:49 pm
Gazdiver

Quote:
the Auxiliary Socket (rear console) is what I tried first. its F55 20A in my book and its fine.

thats the one i replaced it in SWMBO's Car about 2 weeks ago, and it was blown and strangely the socket in the front doesn't work and the fuse is ok i was just going to take it back to Dealer next service and say "fix that for me "

sorry cannot be anymore help

GD

Last edited by Gazdiver on 16th Jul 2013 12:03 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #191417 15th Jul 2013 4:24 pm
leamington

A summary of where I am: In my centre console (MY13) there are 2 Aux sockets. EYorkshire suggests the console has a front switched and a rear permanent live. Only the rear one (by the USB socket) has failed. The fusemaps printed on the boxes exactly match the listings in the latest handbook so I assume they’re correct -. I’m reluctant to pull out too many other fuses at random. The only fuse map showing any Aux socket fuses is the passenger box and this shows two, one as ‘rear console’ and one ‘loadspace’. Surely it should show three? There are none shown in engine or loadspace fuse maps. The passenger box map also shows the Aux socket symbol against a relay - presumably this is to turn on direct battery connection to one of the sockets, but which one, and could this be significant. Any advice appreciated.

Post #191488 16th Jul 2013 10:37 am
leamington

Problem solved. LandRover info. now shows "F55 rear console" as "FP55 socket accessory rear". "F63 luggage compartment" as "FP63 socket accessory center". F52 as "FP52 cigar lighter-front" - presumably its the charger socket at front of rear console. So in effect it seems F55 and F63 have been swapped. F63 was fused and is now replaced OK.

Post #194085 8th Aug 2013 4:19 pm
Walter_F

United States 2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Whistler White

Old, old thread, but wanted to thank you for posting a resolution to close this out.

I just got hold of a new-to-me 2013 (still keeping my ‘08 for now) and am sorting out the past ten years worth of issues it accrued. The dead rear console socket was throwing me as my manual still listed the old fuse positions and the one marked rear console was good. Smartly, I came here first before removing the center console to start checking wires and then noted the change in my owners manual.

Post #436419 19th Oct 2023 4:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1