« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Suzuki warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue
Suzuki warranty

Not LandRover I know but my wife has a Suzuki Swift 18 reg. She took it in for a service yesterday and when she collected it (£227) they said that Suzuki have started a scheme where if you have your car serviced by an authorised dealer then Suzuki give it a free extended warranty for a year and that they will do this every year until the car is 7 years old or 100k miles. Given that she already had an extended warranty which is due to renew at a price of £168 at the end of the month this is very welcome and sounds similar to adverts I have heard from Toyota. I guess it all comes down to reliability and confidence in the product but I can't see JLR ever doing something like this. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #433906 7th Jul 2023 10:05 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

My new Hilux is on the Toyota Scheme . They dropped the 5 year warranty , reduced it to 3 but extended to 10 if it receives an annual service in the Toyota network . I must admit I’ve got the Hilux booked in for the second warranty job in 3 months , the first being and ambient light in the door ( wasn’t plugged into the loom - why vehicles need glowing blue door trim is a whole other question ) sorted in an hour , secondly the stop start has packed in after 10 weeks*, it’s booked in for next week , so even the legendary Toyota reliability will have failures . Overall though I’m loving the truck , even at 17’3” it’s a doddle to park with front and rear sensors and 360 degree panoramic cameras . I’d love a new Defender though , best looking vehicle on the road , it’s like a grown up FL2 . I saw a new Ineos Grenadier out on the road yesterday , fully specced up demo car , it’s a bit of an ugly duckling .

* the stop start has not packed in . I’ve found a depressed button that I didn’t know was there . It express heats the cabin , but in doing so disables stop start . It’s nowhere near the stop :start cancel button . How I got pressed I do not know but it’s next to the front sensor selection button … too many buttons , not enough manual
. 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Last edited by MartynB on 13th Jul 2023 8:37 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #433910 7th Jul 2023 10:36 am
John E.

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey
Re: Suzuki warranty

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Not LandRover I know but my wife has a Suzuki Swift 18 reg. She took it in for a service yesterday and when she collected it (£227) they said that Suzuki have started a scheme where if you have your car serviced by an authorised dealer then Suzuki give it a free extended warranty for a year and that they will do this every year until the car is 7 years old or 100k miles. Given that she already had an extended warranty which is due to renew at a price of £168 at the end of the month this is very welcome and sounds similar to adverts I have heard from Toyota. I guess it all comes down to reliability and confidence in the product but I can't see JLR ever doing something like this.

Warranties have very little to do with “confidence in the product” (although it’s usually sold that way) and a great deal more to do with how much of the original purchase price they are prepared to set aside to fund warranty claims, how many of the costs they can palm off on their own suppliers, how mean they’ll be on future warranty claims and how little they can get away with paying their dealers for warranty related labour charges.

Post #433913 7th Jul 2023 1:00 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

I always believe that a good warranty, new or second-hand, shows that the seller has faith in the goods.

My extended LR Warranty, with recovery, helps my peace of mind, even if I have to pay for it. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #433920 7th Jul 2023 6:13 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

MartynB wrote:
My new Hilux is on the Toyota Scheme . They dropped the 5 year warranty , reduced it to 3 but extended to 10 if it receives an annual service in the Toyota network . I must admit I’ve got the Hilux booked in for the second warranty job in 3 months , the first being and ambient light in the door ( wasn’t plugged into the loom - why vehicles need glowing blue door trim is a whole other question ) sorted in an hour , secondly the stop start has packed in after 10 weeks, it’s booked in for next week , so even the legendary Toyota reliability will have failures . Overall though I’m loving the truck , even at 17’3” it’s a doddle to park with front and rear sensors and 360 degree panoramic cameras . I’d love a new Defender though , best looking vehicle on the road , it’s like a grown up FL2 . I saw a new Ineos Grenadier out on the road yesterday , fully specced up demo car , it’s a bit of an ugly duckling .

And by all accounts the RHD version is uncomfortable to drive due to transfer box intrusion into the driver's footwell. I know of a chap who has just sold his Grenadier as long trips to Scotland were leg and back ache inducing. Jules

Post #433922 7th Jul 2023 8:32 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

The Son has a MG3 (as did my late wife), if it is dealer serviced (£250) they extended the warranty by a further year and added a years AA with recovery.

Now the bad news, in 5 years they have never needed the AA, and only the satnav has developed a fault - which MG resolutely refused to fix. It's a millennium type bug where it resets back 20 years when the date reached August 2019. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #433988 10th Jul 2023 9:32 pm
John E.

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

Exactly!
It’s easy enough to offer long warranties if it’s hard to get a claim accepted.

Post #433990 10th Jul 2023 10:26 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1