United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver
Change in JLR structuring

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5e3327c...d46510d3dc

Post #431877 19th Apr 2023 7:13 pm
IanMetro

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Fuji White

BBC article today.
JLR chooses Range Rover Electric Plant.

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) will convert its production plant in Merseyside into the firm's first all-electric facility.

The move is part of a £15bn global investment by the car giant in electric vehicles over the next five years.

JLR said a fully electric Range Rover SUV would be built at the Halewood plant in 2025.

Knowsley Council said the announcement was a "major coup" for the local workforce and showed how important the site was.

The firm also announced its new Jaguar models would be assembled at the company’s plant in Solihull with its existing engine manufacturing centre in Wolverhampton transformed into a hub for building electric motors.

It said it would be renamed the Electric Propulsion Manufacturing Centre and produce electric drive units and battery packs for JLR’s next generation vehicles.

JLR added that its Castle Bromwich plant would provide body work for next generation electric vehicles while the firm continues to explore options for other parts of the site.

https://www.bbc.com/newsticles/c6pn2vrd6leo FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)
FL2 Metropolis SD4 Auto 2014 2017- (16k - 76k+ miles) (MY2015)

Post #431879 19th Apr 2023 7:54 pm
IanMetro

Re: Change in JLR structuring

I Like Chips wrote:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5e3327c0-deb3-11ed-a0a8-657f9e54fc6a?shareToken=9de3dd85fbe5458164b71fd46510d3dc

As Autocar sees it

Speaking today at a wide-reaching company update presentation, CEO Adrian Mardell confirmed the rebranding of the company away from Jaguar Land Rover, where the cars are created under two brands “making magic in the Midlands”, and instead calling itself JLR, a "house of brands" with cars created under Range Rover, Discovery, Defender and Jaguar names.

I think it is Good Bye Land Rover - not posh enough!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-car...mage-shift FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)

Post #431880 19th Apr 2023 8:03 pm
John E.

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

They will hang on to the Land Rover name through thick and thin; it’s the most recognisable and valuable brand they have.

Post #431882 19th Apr 2023 8:58 pm
Smallmankey

Wales 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Mauritius Blue

What a load of marketing BS

I've tried writing more than just the above but just lost for words at the absurdity of how this sounds.

Sadly think shows direction they are going, purveyors of luxury cars and not of vehicles that rove the land.

Only current model I would even consider is the Defender as that is nearest to what LR used to be, all be it more posh Disco rather than old school Fender.

My lottery win millions, which is due any time now I'm sure, would be going elsewhere. Andrew

Post #431888 19th Apr 2023 10:31 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Sounds like some German marketing guy decided that they want JLR to become a BMW equivalent which is recognisable but not many know what it stands for (Bavarian Motor Works).

Or another example the Canadian telecoms group MITEL which was originally "Mike and Terry's electric lawnmowers" Laughing 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #431940 21st Apr 2023 4:37 pm
jules

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Firenze Red

https://www.am-online.com/news/manufacture...over-brand

I think McGovern's words say it all... "Our ultimate ambition is to build truly emotionally engaging experiences for our clients that, overtime, will build long-term high equity for our brands and long-term sustainability for JLR." Jules

Post #431942 21st Apr 2023 6:52 pm
IanMetro

Smallmankey wrote:
What a load of marketing BS

I've tried writing more than just the above but just lost for words at the absurdity of how this sounds.

Sadly think shows direction they are going, purveyors of luxury cars and not of vehicles that rove the land.

Only current model I would even consider is the Defender as that is nearest to what LR used to be, all be it more posh Disco rather than old school Fender.

My lottery win millions, which is due any time now I'm sure, would be going elsewhere.

While I am inclined to agree with these sentiments, I have to disagree with the last sentence as my turn for the lottery millions is now overdue. "It could be me"

Over the years I have, with several different companies, have been forced to sit through Management Briefings as each 'New' management team has told us how rubbish things had been until they arrived, and made (Mad) promises of what they were going to do in the future.

As I became more and more disillusioned with these 'leaders', I realised that 'Actions speak louder than Words'.
I hope that Customer Relations becomes important again with JLR (or whatever it's called).

Things are changing, I had great problems last week trying to book my Annual Service via the new Dealer centralised booking system. I always used to be able to talk to a technician or knowledgeable Service Receptionist, now it is a nightmare of questions, and being asked to repeat my postcode several to check that we were booking for the right garage. FL2 XS SD4 Auto 2010 2012-2017 (21k - 91k miles) (MY2011)

Post #431943 21st Apr 2023 6:53 pm
John E.

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

jules wrote:
https://www.am-online.com/news/manufacturer/2023/04/20/jlr-dealers-flabbergasted-by-plan-to-axe-land-rover-brand

I think McGovern's words say it all... "Our ultimate ambition is to build truly emotionally engaging experiences for our clients that, overtime, will build long-term high equity for our brands and long-term sustainability for JLR."

They re-tell what I already know about Gerry McGovern, he’s a pretentious twit with no noticeable design talent who I wouldn’t employ to do a paper round.

Post #431945 21st Apr 2023 8:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1