« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Events > PUB MEET SAT 9th June
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ENVOY

United Kingdom 
PUB MEET SAT 9th June

Over on the RRS site we are trying to get a few guys together for a pub meet in Milton Keynes on Sat 9th June

It would be good if any of you guys could make it Thumbs Up

I have also posted this on the D3 site and the FFRR site so it could end up with a good mix of motors

Click here, drop me a PM and i will give you the details, you never know whos watching Evil or Very Mad

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic6700.html

If any one wants to come then just sign up and if you want to dine just post it on as a reply so i can get some idea of numbers

Post #3424 27th May 2007 10:00 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

10th Anniversary with the wife that weekend friend!!!!.......if I'm gonna make it to an eleventh I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give you a wide berth, shame as I am only 12miles away!!! Have a good time if you get some response.

PS I'm not under the thumb but anything for an easy life Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #3425 27th May 2007 11:44 pm
carlfraz

Envoy, I am only posting this reply as your meeting is due this weekend...as I said before I cannot make it due to MARITAL commitments......10 years anniversary this weekend to the lovely Cat (see my gallery) so I would love to join you and see the other guys/ girls or anybody else that could make it, but the wife must be obeyed for a happy life Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Don't tell her, but the good thing is, we go away in 'Foggy', the FL2 for a few days Thumbs Up Thumbs Up so I get two pleasures...the drive there and back.......and the wife, for being romantic Embarassed Wink 'know what I am saying Question Exclamation ' Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I would not lower the tone about smutty comments such as 'good ride', but hey, lets just say I would not swap the car or the wife for anything else Mr. Green Rolling with laughter (notice the car was first in my listings Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Whistle Embarassed )
Very Happy SERIOUSLY Very Happy if anybody can make it to Envoy's meeting this weekend, please do, I'm sure you will enjoy it, we have a good crowd on this site and it would be nice for some of you guys/girls to meet up whether you have D3's, RRS or us cheap seats in the FL2's (even if we have better cars and spare cash in the Banks guys Rolling with laughter) The FL2 might not compete fully offroad against the D3 and RRS's but we have a damned good car plus a spare 10K plus in the bank Laughing .....if you can spare the time give Envoy your support fellas, as it would be good to put faces to names, just wish I could be there.............Honest Wink Just think of me with the wife...champagne........oysters..........romantic hotel...........sunsets...........skimpy undies......(her not me Embarassed Mr. Green Rolling with laughter ) I'll be thinkin' of ya...honest!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #3623 5th Jun 2007 9:13 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Good use of emoticons, and congrats on 10 years Bow down Bow down

Anyone else want to join us for a natter and a drink on Saturday?

Post #3625 5th Jun 2007 9:27 pm
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

not me I'm afraid, it's a wee bit far to drive back saturday evening Laughing , I have other plans on sunday so can't drive back then Wink 

Post #3633 6th Jun 2007 7:39 am
pelyma

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I wish I had a Fl2 and £10K in the bank, the HSE isn't that cheap! Sorry I'm in Epsom having casting lessons! D4 HSE Lux for me
FL2 HSE Zermatt & Alpacca for the wife now gone
Skoda Yeti L&K for the wife.

Post #3634 6th Jun 2007 8:29 am
carlfraz

Superkoala, I'm dissapointed, geography is no excuse, where is your commitment Question and defkalion my old friend you are keeping quiet, Greece is not that far Rolling with laughter . Trust you are ok fella? not heard from you or seen a posting for a while...don't go quiet on us....keep in touch Thumbs Up

Post #3651 6th Jun 2007 8:48 pm
JayMann

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Rimini Red

carlfraz wrote:
Just wish I could be there.............Honest

Be like that then not gonna get you not pic's of our great meet now Ner Ner

Congrats on the anniversary to the both of you Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #3654 6th Jun 2007 10:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
superkoala

Belgium 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Rimini Red

Carlfraz, I'm not saying it's too far away, just that I have other obligations on sunday. If that hadn't been the case, I might have come over. Mr. Green
Luckily it doesn't hurt to be mad Rolling with laughter
It would have been just another excuse to go for a spin with Flo Very Happy 

Post #3662 7th Jun 2007 8:12 am
defkalion

Greece 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi everybody, I would definitely like to join you on Sat, but I will be windsurfing (I hope) at an Attica beach. Thank God I have pretty loyal friends that carry my windsurf kit since I still haven't got roof bars - thanks to LR Censored . Distance is absolutely not the problem Carl. Exclamation Laughing However my British friends, how about fitting some video conferencing in your pubs, side by side to those beer barrels. Very Happy It would make it so much easier for some of us to join. Or how about upgrading our satnav's and keep all of us on line, just for those cold nights when we may need some help after a suprising start/stop problem? Shocked
I do promise however that I will try to arrange a nice 'trip' to England soon and hopefully see some of you proud FL2 owners. Wish you a nice time at the pub and best wishes for a huppy anniversary Carl. And remember do not overdo it and keep some of those blue pills Whistle aside (just in case after the exhausting night) Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #3689 8th Jun 2007 11:36 am
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Def, you need a trailer like I have to cart my 2 Starboards (Freeformula 198 and an Isonic 137) 8 sails , 4 masts, 3 booms and much associated kit! Make is much easier to manhandle the gear (espcially the Freeformula which is 276 long but 90cm wide but only weighs in a8kgs but ahs a huge windage) " boards go 1 on top of the other on the top racks and 2 large quiverbags of sails and masts on the lower set of racks and a large plastic box of gear in the box. Here's a picture of my FFRR with the trailer and the gear for 3 of us on holiday out on the Isle of Tiree 3 years ago.

It's better and safer than this

or this

or even worse, this

Just love my windsurfing! The great thing with the trailer is that because neither my RRS nor my Defender will fit in my garage I can put the trailer in there with all the gear on it ready to go at a minutes notice!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #3703 8th Jun 2007 9:41 pm
carlfraz

Thanks for the kind words guys, but defkalion, I don't need the blue pills yet, since 'my' key fob works every time Whistle Rolling with laughter My problem is I just need to work out which buttons to push on the wife to get her started Embarassed Wink Ner Ner Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #3708 9th Jun 2007 12:26 am
defkalion

Good morning everybody. Very Happy I am a bit worried, I haven't seen any news about the pub meeting or Carl's passionate weekend. I guess some of you might still have a hang-over (drink lots of water, this helps Wink ) and some 'others' might still have a big smile on their face under a beautiful star sky (Carl I'm sure you've found those shifty buttons - btw onions are supposed to help after lots of 'fun' Rolling with laughter ).
As for me, my loyal friends dissapeared this weekend so although the wind conditions were just perfect for windsurfing I stayed at home. Big Cry THANKS LR! Evil or Very Mad I asked my dealer about the roof bars but they have no news about them! Wonderful! Censored Tim thanks for your suggestions, but the problem is I need a licence in Greece to carry a trayler as you do, although it look nice and tidy. I only have one wave-freestyle board and it would fit just fine on the roof. However I think I must become a yoga master to relax from LR's 'jokes'. Whistle

Post #3736 11th Jun 2007 9:19 am
defkalion

Hi again, I'm pretty curious about what's happened to all of you Question Confused I understand that we are all very busy with our jobs trying to pay off our FL2's, Sheep but come on guys, how was the pub meeting? Any debates about the LR sale. And Carlfraz, I saw one posting from you today, hence you are alive and kicking Wink , but we are waiting news about the days off and your FL2's behaviour during your journey. Come on let's keep the spirits up! Yawn

Post #3826 15th Jun 2007 8:50 am
carlfraz

Hi defkalion, I too am interested how the 'meet' went and were faces exposed to the names??? Hope you guys/gals who made the effort really enjoyed it?? For us who could not make it please let us know. Regarding my time time away, yes Foggy the FL2 was flawless, as was the diamond ring for Mrs carlfraz which was placed lovingly in her glass of champers on the roof of the 'Bath Lodge Hotel' accompanied by 200 candles....who said romance was dead:lol: Laughing???? the weather man of course, I couldn't friggin light the 200 bastard candles cause it was too windy Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter never mind, it was the thought that counts, and thats what 'misses carlfraz' focused on...so in summary both mine and Foggy's keyfobs worked first time, only one push of the start button required for both car and wife Rolling with laughter Embarassed Wink Embarassed Embarassed nuff said Rolling with laughter no stalling or other failures from me or the car Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter and a thoroughly enjoyable time had by the three of us......best threesome I have ever had Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter all without being unfaithful to the wife or Foggy Rolling with laughter

Post #3847 16th Jun 2007 9:36 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1